• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The strongest team of 6 Ash has used in battle

What is the strongest team of 6 Ash has used in a full battle?

• Charizard, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, Heracross, Bayleef (vs Gary, Johto League)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Bayleef, Totodile, Noctowl (vs Harrison, Johto League)

• Pikachu, Swellow, Grovyle, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie (multiple occasions, Hoenn League)

• Pikachu, Heracross, Swellow, Sceptile, Torkoal, Gible (vs Tobias, Sinnoh League)

• Total voters

masukippa

I often see people asking what Ash’s strongest potential team would be if he pulled all his teams together, or which region’s team was the best.

I’d like to change that slightly to: what is the strongest team of 6 he has actually used in a competitive battle?

Keep in mind that we are judging based on overall strength at that moment in time. For example, for the Johto League, judge Heracross based on its feats up to that point, without taking into account the Battle Frontier or Sinnoh League battles we later saw it in.

I’ve included all of the significant 6 v 6 battles I could think of, although there could very well be some that slipped my mind. I left out the first full battle between Ash and Paul, as in their Sinnoh League battle Ash used essentially the same team, just they’d all improved since.

Genaller

Silver Soul

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
His most balanced team: probably Alola.
His strongest team: Kalos: thanks to XY Pika and Greninja

and his best 6 team would be GPCIIS.
Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Incineroar, Infernape and Sceptile. I do think Incineroar would take Snorlax's place because because of bias of not leaving new Pokemon aloof( and because Incineroar is cool and badass).

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
His most balanced team: probably Alola.
The teams he used against Paul,Tobias and Tyson are in the top 4 for most balanced teams that he's ever used.
and his best 6 team would be GPCIIS.
Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Incineroar, Infernape and Sceptile. I do think Incineroar would take Snorlax's place because because of bias of not leaving new Pokemon aloof( and because Incineroar is cool and badass).
What has Incineroar done to place it above Snorlax?Snorlax is powerful,a huge tank and consistently takes out 2 pokemon before fainting.

CMButch

The teams he used against Paul,Tobias and Tyson are in the top 4 for most balanced teams that he's ever used.

What has Incineroar done to place it above Snorlax?Snorlax is powerful,a huge tank and consistently takes out 2 pokemon before fainting.
He only beat Kukui's Incineroar whose feats are beating some featless Pokemon (3 to be exact), beat Gozu's Mega Aggron with Z move. I do think that Incineroar's IO(Z move) would beat Snorlax.

Oh wait, I just remembered: Kukui's Incineroar scales of Guzma's Golisopod who went toe to toe with Pikachu who is obviously strong not Peakachu, but still strong Pikachu not to mention he tanked GH( sure Pikachu beat Golisopod afterward).. Torracat beat Scizor who beat Mega Kangskhan from Ilima who was in XY league. Although you could say Szicor was caught off guard by that attack and that Scizor used strategy to beat MK which would mean in brute power MK > Scizor.
Ash's Incineroar > Guzma's Golisopod, though. So yeah, I would say based on this Incineroar > Snorlax.Not by much,though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm going with his Kalos League team since he had Pikachu and Gekkouga with him at the time. I think his Alola League team comes the closest after that, although Mokuroh and Melmetal being there keeps it from being his strongest full team from my viewpoint.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I could see a battle between the Kalos and Alola teams going like so:

10 MVT AL Peakachu vs Ash-Greninja -> AL Peakachu (10MVT successfully hits)
AL Peakachu vs KL Peakachu -> KL Peakachu
Incineroar vs KL Peakachu -> KL Peakachu
Naganadel vs KL Peakachu -> Draw
Rowlet vs Noivern -> Draw
Melmetal vs Hawlucha -> Melmetal
Melmetal vs Talonflame -> Talonflame
Dusk Lycanroc vs Talonflame -> Dusk Lycanroc
Dusk Lycanroc vs Goodra -> Dusk Lycanroc

Note that ‘Draw’ just means that whoever ends up winning is getting easily revenge killed by the next foe pokémon.

CMButch

I could see a battle between the Kalos and Alola teams going like so:

10 MVT AL Peakachu vs Ash-Greninja -> AL Peakachu (10MVT successfully hits)
AL Peakachu vs KL Peakachu -> KL Peakachu
Incineroar vs KL Peakachu -> KL Peakachu
Naganadel vs KL Peakachu -> Draw
Rowlet vs Noivern -> Draw
Melmetal vs Hawlucha -> Melmetal
Melmetal vs Talonflame -> Talonflame
Dusk Lycanroc vs Talonflame -> Dusk Lycanroc
Dusk Lycanroc vs Goodra -> Dusk Lycanroc

Note that ‘Draw’ just means that whoever ends up winning is getting easily revenge killed by the next foe pokémon.
I would say it goes more like this:
10MV SM Peakachu vs A-G -> 10MV hits but Peakachu is extra tired
XY Peakachu vs SM Peakachu-> XY Peakachu easily wins
XY Peakachu vs Incineroar -> XY Peakachu
XY Peakachu vs Melmetal -> XY Peakachu
XY Peakachu vs Naganadel -> XY Peakachu
XY Peakachu vs DL ->DL
DL vs Talonflame -> Talonflame
Talonflame vs Rowlet -> Talonflame.
Explanation: XY Peakachu is E4 Mega level, let's say on Malva's level and Malva's Mega Houndoom would literally solo more half or maybe even 4 of Ash's Alola members( hell, maybe even MH would beat anyone except SM Peakachu). Talonflame would beat DL based on feats( in your example: Melmetal would hard time with Hawlucha but still would win and Talonflame would easily dispatch it and fight between DL and Talonflame: Talonflame wins)

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I'd say Alola had the highest average and overall strength. Given that it had a legendary, an ultra beast, an incineroar that could tangle with one of the strongest mons in Alola and a pretty solid Lycanroc. Even Rowlet wasn't that bad of a weak link by the end, given its use of feather dance and durability feats. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them get a KO from anyone below the Elite 4.

Kalos would be second, with Greninja being incredibly strong, and none of them being laughably weak.
The presence of so many flying types would be a problem if A. they didn't have secondary typing to reduce their weaknesses and B. The anime actually cared about such things. But neither were the case.

The team against Gary is third. Snorlax was already ludicrously tanky and Charizard had had its valley training. Ash's strategies were quite effective. Heracross and Bayleef had become fairly heavyweight while Muk has a special utility against speedy pokemon.

His team vs. Paul would be a very close fourth. Infernape was strong, but wound up pulling much more than its own weight. Which makes the team somewhat fragile if Infernape can be statused. Torterra in particular was a bit of a lodestone. Buizel was quite ineffective as well, in both the early full battle and the final league battle.

Totodile and Torkoal kinda bring the average down for Johto and hoenn teams respectively. Several of the Orange League mons have gotten stronger since that battle. Against Tobias; Swellow, Sceptile and Pikachu were great, Heracross was decent but Gible and Torkoal were always unreliable. The Unova Team was his biggest joke since Kanto.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'm voting for the Kalos squad because A-G is busted.

Alola could beat Kalos only if SM Pikachu managed to take out A-G with his Z-move, but I remember A-G being pretty good at dodging.

IMO, Kalos > Alola > vs Paul = vs Tobias > vs Harrison > vs Gary > Hoenn > vs Drake > vs Cameron

CMButch

All teams in strength/power by region

1.Kalos( thanks to Pikachu and Greninja)
2.BF ( with BW Charizard, and DP Sceptile)
3.BF (with AG Charizard and AG Sceptile)
4.SM with 10MV Pikachu( thanks to Pikachu and Incineroar)
5.DP = SM with Incineroar's Inferno Overdrive ( thanks to DP Pikachu and Infernape and SM Pikachu and Incineroar with Z move ( why SM in "4." is stronger than this one, because 10MV > Incineroar's IO.)
6.Johto ( with DP Heracross)
7.Hoenn team
8.OI team
9.Johto team( with Johto Heracross)
10.Unova
11.Kanto.
I know you said judge only by that time, but I gave both sides xd
Edit: Forgot most balanced per region
1.BF
2.SM
3.DP/XY
4.Johto
5.Unova
6.Kanto

Last edited:

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Ash's team when he faced Paul was his strongest. I dunno why his Alola exhibition match team is winning the poll when Melmetal and Naganadel barely participated in battles and only had a few wins between them through the whole series...

RafaSceptile

Ash's team when he faced Paul was his strongest. I dunno why his Alola exhibition match team is winning the poll when Melmetal and Naganadel barely participated in battles and only had a few wins between them through the whole series...

Because they are strong Pokémon by Nature (a Mythic and an UB) and unlike the VS Paul Team, all Ash's Pokemon had a decent participation during the Series (Even Naganadel).
I should remember that Gliscor is Ash's Pokemon with the lowest Win Rate?

Also, Kalos is 2nd when Goodra and Noivern had just a tie and a lose during the League, and Melmetal and Naganadel are probably stronger, so that makes sense.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’d say Kalos with Sinnoh and Alola just behind it due to Ash-Greninja.

Can’t really say much for Melmetal due to its limited useage (Naganadel at least went about equal with Tapu Koko) and I honestly find Rowlet’s strength to not be as impressive as people make it out to be. The rest of his Alola team is pretty strong though.