• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The strongest team of 6 Ash has used in battle

What is the strongest team of 6 Ash has used in a full battle?

• Charizard, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, Heracross, Bayleef (vs Gary, Johto League)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Bayleef, Totodile, Noctowl (vs Harrison, Johto League)

• Pikachu, Swellow, Grovyle, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie (multiple occasions, Hoenn League)

• Pikachu, Heracross, Swellow, Sceptile, Torkoal, Gible (vs Tobias, Sinnoh League)

• Total voters

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'd say Alola had the highest average and overall strength. Given that it had a legendary, an ultra beast, an incineroar that could tangle with one of the strongest mons in Alola and a pretty solid Lycanroc. Even Rowlet wasn't that bad of a weak link by the end, given its use of feather dance and durability feats. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them get a KO from anyone below the Elite 4.

Kalos would be second, with Greninja being incredibly strong, and none of them being laughably weak.
The presence of so many flying types would be a problem if A. they didn't have secondary typing to reduce their weaknesses and B. The anime actually cared about such things. But neither were the case.

The team against Gary is third. Snorlax was already ludicrously tanky and Charizard had had its valley training. Ash's strategies were quite effective. Heracross and Bayleef had become fairly heavyweight while Muk has a special utility against speedy pokemon.

His team vs. Paul would be a very close fourth. Infernape was strong, but wound up pulling much more than its own weight. Which makes the team somewhat fragile if Infernape can be statused. Torterra in particular was a bit of a lodestone. Buizel was quite ineffective as well, in both the early full battle and the final league battle.

Totodile and Torkoal kinda bring the average down for Johto and hoenn teams respectively. Several of the Orange League mons have gotten stronger since that battle. Against Tobias; Swellow, Sceptile and Pikachu were great, Heracross was decent but Gible and Torkoal were always unreliable. The Unova Team was his biggest joke since Kanto.
To be fair to Torterra, he did much better against Drapion than Buizel/Staraptor

Illusio

No words, only rage
Alola was the most balanced. Pikachu, Incineroar and Lycanroc were strong, Rowlet was good, and Melmetal and Naganadel still had time to shine even though they weren't around as long.

I'd put Kalos above it if it wasn't for Noivern being underwhelming and Goodra having a weak league. The rest range from great to nearly stupidly broken, but those two throw the balance off.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Ash's broken Greninja is the deciding factor here
Only beaten by 10 million Volt Thunderbolt but even that will be beaten once Pikachu masters being fat again and (hopefully) beat Leon's Charizard.

RafaSceptile

Only beaten by 10 million Volt Thunderbolt but even that will be beaten once Pikachu masters being fat again and (hopefully) beat Leon's Charizard.

Yeah, probably PM2019 Ash's Team will be stronger (and hopefully more balanced) than both Kalos and Alola Teams.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Charizard defeated an Articuno,Haxachu tied with a Latios,Sceptile defeated a Darkrai,but none of those legendary pokemon are on the level of Alain's Charizard.

Illusio

No words, only rage
To be fair, being legendary/mythical doesn’t automatically make you strong. Dawn’s Buneary wrecked a Phione and yet I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone consider it to be top tier.

That's a fair point, and I should've explained it better since I don't like it myself when people hype up Noivern over the Zapdos thing.

I said Tapu Koko because for the SM story it was the big guy for Ash to beat. They met at the beginning, fought a few times and it was hyped to be a strong Pokemon since Pikachu was always behind it. So when we got to the league and Pikachu beat it, it was a big moment since he finally surpassed the Pokemon that seemed out of its league, similar to how Zard X was out of Greninja's league. I don't know if it's as strong, but it is a big moment for Ash and Pikachu which is similar to X.

Charizard defeated an Articuno,Haxachu tied with a Latios,Sceptile defeated a Darkrai,but none of those legendary pokemon are on the level of Alain's Charizard.

Maybe Darkrai since it almost swept the entire league, but not the other two.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Yeah, Torterra gets so much **** because he never won a non TR battle after evolving, but a lot of people tend to overlook the fact that all of his opponents were powerhouses. The fact that he clashed evenly with an E4 Pokemon is incredible enough as it is.
As I mentioned in the past Torterra's biggest enemy is the ban of Earthquake in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheCrazyMaster said:
Yeah, Torterra gets so much **** because he never won a non TR battle after evolving, but a lot of people tend to overlook the fact that all of his opponents were powerhouses. The fact that he clashed evenly with an E4 Pokemon is incredible enough as it is.

At least two of his opponents were powerhouses, but I remember that he lost to Denzi's Elekible despite it arguably being Denzi's weakest Pokemon at the Nagisa Gym since he sent it out first. I feel that in the case of that match, Dodaitose should've been able to win because Elekible wasn't that threatening.

TheCrazyMaster

At least two of his opponents were powerhouses, but I remember that he lost to Denzi's Elekible despite it arguably being Denzi's weakest Pokemon at the Nagisa Gym since he sent it out first. I feel that in the case of that match, Dodaitose should've been able to win because Elekible wasn't that threatening.

Yeah, but to be fair that was pretty shortly after it evolved and the other two came later after it had time to improve. Plus Volkner is easily one of the strongest gym leaders in the anime, and I think it’s at least fair to assume that Electivire is strong enough to be on a team that’s been sweeping all its challengers.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
And that makes it as strong or stronger than Alain's Mega Charizard how?
He didn't only beat Tapu Koko (who smacked away Base Necrozma), but he only took a single hit during the whole fight. Plus, going by what the narrative tells us, Koko> Kukui's Incineroar, and Incineroar was the strongest (non-Ash) trainer-owned pokemon in all of Alola

SH65

Victory Over All!
He didn't only beat Tapu Koko (who smacked away Base Necrozma), but he only took a single hit during the whole fight. Plus, going by what the narrative tells us, Koko> Kukui's Incineroar, and Incineroar was the strongest (non-Ash) trainer-owned pokemon in all of Alola
My point still stands how does that make Tapu Koko or SM Pikachu as strong or stronger than Alain's Mega Charizard?