• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
School concert went better than expected. Due to a screwup on the gym teachers' part, my handball team got to recline in comfort during gym. A boy called the math teacher an idiot in Spanish. (she didn't hear.) And... Control Freak fell flat on her face during gym.
Three days until I'm free. (oh, and 40 minutes. SING AND A MOVIE gets us out of the half day on Friday. And we're watching the Polar Express.) Life is good.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Argh...
Grandma: Get off youtube.
Me: I'm doing my homework.
Me: Well, there's no sound coming from the speakers, and I'm not wearing headphones, and there's on Chrome tab open. I'd say it's safe to assume I'm NOT on youtube.
Grandma: Go get the mail.
Me: I'M DOING MY HOMEWORK. IT'LL TAKE ME AN HOUR OR SO. GO AWAY.
Grandma: *Huffs and walks away*

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Argh...
Me: I'm doing my homework.
Me: Well, there's no sound coming from the speakers, and I'm not wearing headphones, and there's on Chrome tab open. I'd say it's safe to assume I'm NOT on youtube.
Grandma: Go get the mail.
Me: I'M DOING MY HOMEWORK. IT'LL TAKE ME AN HOUR OR SO. GO AWAY.
Grandma: *Huffs and walks away*

You really shouldn't disrespect your grandma.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I've been done with Finals since Friday, and I only have 2 Grades back. Both C+.

I'm mad stressed, hoping I don't fail any classes. If I don't, I'm pretty much home free until Graduation.

MM13

Seestra
My last day of class was on the 9th but i had exam from the 12th till the 15th. So now im home till at least the 7th. I start school on the 9th. Im kind of scared to see my Anatomy and Physiology I grade. The exam was really hard, even the smartest people in my course found it hard. Having a language barrier also doesn't help. I had to go to an english college because the program im taking (Veterinary Technology Wildlife Rehabilitation) is only offered at one college in Ontario and it's in english.

Other then that Im happy to be back home for 3 weeks. :)

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!

She disrespects me. Guess what she called my brother? If she had it her way, whipping would be legal. And she has a collection of bullwhips, I swear. She called a story I wrote "garbage." I just got an "a" on it. :/

Gelatino95

Not a tool
She disrespects me. Guess what she called my brother? If she had it her way, whipping would be legal. And she has a collection of bullwhips, I swear. She called a story I wrote "garbage." I just got an "a" on it. :/

Maybe it would help a little bit if you acted respectful to her instead of yelling and acting short-tempered. Even if she doesn't return the sentiment, at least you're being a better person.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Maybe it would help a little bit if you acted respectful to her instead of yelling and acting short-tempered. Even if she doesn't return the sentiment, at least you're being a better person.

I said this quite calmly... and she always does this to me. Even though I've said, "I don't appreciate being called a baboon playing a clarinet." (not kidding.) Even my mom's talked to her about it.
Anyway, my concert's in 15 minutes. And I'm freaking out. How wonderful...

I said this quite calmly... and she always does this to me. Even though I've said, "I don't appreciate being called a baboon playing a clarinet." (not kidding.) Even my mom's talked to her about it.
Anyway, my concert's in 15 minutes. And I'm freaking out. How wonderful...

A concert, eh?

Our conductor is usually an awkward speaker and pokes fun at the band by saying to us, "Don't be that guy." if we have one of those rest, note, rest things.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

She shouldn't disrespect her grandchild, regardless of seniority or whatever.

I've finished four of my five finals, got 2 B's and an A-, the fourth final grade hasn't come in yet, though that class was an easy A+. Taking my last final tomorrow, and I need to start studying.

Akrasia

So last week I had my first finals at university. I wasn't really ready for them and hadn't really studied much this semester (because I never needed to study in high school). So I had a bit of a scare when I thought that I had failed my Calc 2 Exam, which I found out hours before my Honors Chemistry final that I did okay only thanks to the curve. And since that exam was early in the morning and I don't trust myself to wake up to an alarm, I ended up staying up all night in the library messing around on the internet. Anyways, I was a mess and thought seriously about suicide for a few moments, and in turns out it was for nothing - my calc exam had been entered wrong by the TA so I 3.5'd that, Honors Chemistry turned out well enough, and my average GPA was thus almost a point higher than I was expecting it to for a brief time (3.5 vs. 2.5ish). And that would have been bad because I would've been at risk of getting booted from the Honors College at my school and losing scholarship money. If my grade had been as bad as I thought it was, I would have had to have 4.0'd all my spring semester courses to stay in.

But, I have figured out that I ought to be much better in the humanities. My schedule ended up being screwy for Fall Semester because I had come in wanting to do Biochemistry but quickly switched to Philosophy - so of the 12 credits I took (dropped a lab and intro biochem course), Philosophy was a 4.0 and then Calc and Chem were worse. Next semester I am taking philosophy, English, microeconomics, linguistics and political science, so I think I will be much better off, even though I am taking five more credits.

But aside from that SNAFU, the semester was great. I had gone to a Christian school all my life, which was unpleasant if not horrible at times (as an atheist). So I made friends that in a month surpassed those I had previously had, started dating someone awesome, and read a lot of great books... which in retrospect is probably why I didn't study enough. Not that I partied at all (big state university, so lots of partying) - it doesn't suit my personality.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Just got the rest of my final marks. I finished with an A+ in English, which isn't too surprising since my professor thought everything I did in class was brilliant.

On the other hand, I'm not at all happy about my History mark (which I'm not going to post here). By my (high) standards, it's a pretty bad mark and I'm really ashamed of myself. ;_;

But on the bright side, my GPA for my first semester in university is 4.0 (A)! And I won't have to see my History professor ever again.

Rave

Banned
I got an A and 2 B's this semester. I'm happy.