• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Zachmac

Ugh, I think I'm going to have to go to summer school purely for literature arts. I've never taken summer school in my whole life, darnnit. And my parents are furious with me. I'm seriously giving that class everything I've got, I just can't do it.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
can u ask for tudoring?

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Just finished writing a 100 word essay.
A 100 word essay? That doesn't seem so bad.
Well, what if I said it had to be exactly 100 words and was not aloud to have ANY duplicate words?
Try to make a story with these conditions, it's not easy.

GilligBoi

Nyter

Island Challenger
I feel for your pain. Caring about fictional characters, they have no regard of what we really care in life.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Well, I have county orchestra tomorrow, from like 7am to 9pm. What a waste of a perfectly fine saturday. Plus I'm missing a birthday party.

GilligBoi

Ugh, I think I'm going to have to go to summer school purely for literature arts. I've never taken summer school in my whole life, darnnit. And my parents are furious with me. I'm seriously giving that class everything I've got, I just can't do it.

Have you asked for tutoring or have you been tested for learning disabilities? I had the same problem with algebra.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
can u ask for tudoring?

I definitely think you should find a personal tutor. Even if you have to pay for a tutor, it may save you money in the future by helping you not repeat classes. And it would also probably be worth it if you're having that much trouble with sentence structure.

Who else hates the Taming of the Shrew? Pride and Prejudice? Poetry?

I love Shakespeare, Pride and Prejudice, and poetry..... :( Pride and Prejudice in particular is a brilliant work of social satire. That's why I love it. Frost and Wordsworth are two of my many favorite poets. But I understand your aversion to literature; a lot of people don't like old writing styles or poetry because they can be difficult to understand unless you want to put a lot of time into thinking about them.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
I definitely think you should find a personal tutor. Even if you have to pay for a tutor, it may save you money in the future by helping you not repeat classes. And it would also probably be worth it if you're having that much trouble with sentence structure.

I love Shakespeare, Pride and Prejudice, and poetry..... :( Pride and Prejudice in particular is a brilliant work of social satire. That's why I love it. Frost and Wordsworth are two of my many favorite poets. But I understand your aversion to literature; a lot of people don't like old writing styles or poetry because they can be difficult to understand unless you want to put a lot of time into thinking about them.

lol big words :p

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Who else hates the Taming of the Shrew? Pride and Prejudice? Poetry?

Poetry can actually be really fun if you get something decent. You can use your own imagination to interpret what you think the writer was trying to depict via their work. And there's so many different things you can come up with a single stanza! [/nerd]

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Just finished writing a 100 word essay.
A 100 word essay? That doesn't seem so bad.
Well, what if I said it had to be exactly 100 words and was not aloud to have ANY duplicate words?
Try to make a story with these conditions, it's not easy.

Reminds me of one time in English class when we had to write an entire paragraph without using a certain letter of the alphabet. Lo and behold, the letter my teacher chose was E.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Reminds me of one time in English class when we had to write an entire paragraph without using a certain letter of the alphabet. Lo and behold, the letter my teacher chose was E.

Your teacher did that on purpose; it's a pretty common English class assignment. The letter "E" is the most common letter in the English language. Ernest Vincent Wright wrote the 50,000-word novel, "Gadsby", that didn't include a single letter e. That assignment really makes you think about the conjugations and spelling of words that you use everyday.

Scaldaver

Limitless

I agree, sort of, but in my class we go: Week 1 - Pride and Prejudice,Week 2: Taming of the shrew. There is no time to think of anything in great detail.

Hey, what's everyone taking for their GCSEs?

Twidragon

To the Power of 27

Its a fun game to play, I remember seeing something like that on the simpsons.

Anyways, I got nothing to do as all we did the last few days was go see plays in the school. So it was a waste of a day, (I was home that day)

I have to do this big research paper on something that shows "American Exceptionableisum" and I'm a bit annoyed with it. Maybe I'm over complicating things for myself, but I don't know :x

School this week was borring :(

Mine too, but essentially school is boring every week. Except for PE :D

For me, I have 2 chapters worth of math assessments to do, a Book review for literature, plus a Vocab assignment to finish. Appearantly we're supposed to find long, complicated words from specified books. Everyone gets a diff book. You'd think that's easy. Well, not when you gotta find 80 diff words. Luckily I got a head start on this as the book I drew I have read before. Oh yeah, I also have 3 tests to study for, 2 of which are on Monday :(

Hilijix

Back in Blue
So it's the end of my first week of the new semester.

English 9 had a pretty good lineup of students, a mixture of most of my other classes. And I already knew the teacher, since she's my yearbook teacher. It does seem to have the most going on though, it was the only one to have homework for Monday. I did a super fun "Literary Map of Life", and I even talked about Pokemon a bit in it! Funny, I remember my friends dreading that assignment, but I thought it was great! Reflecting on yourself is better than reflecting on some dead guy's life!

World History... bleh. I barely know most of the people there, and it's a small and quiet class. The teacher himself really knows what he's doing, but before we get into the cool stuff, he's been doing most of the talking.