• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Spookz

Lumos
Does anybody have any revision tips/tactics/methods etc. they can share with me? My exams are in May and I'm thinking maybe I should start revising for them now? Thanks! :)
Sometimes it helps me to (re)write out any notes.

Websites like Quizlet help too; there you can input vocabulary, images, etc. and it'll generate quizzes or games to help you review.

Kacho

You are next.
Does anybody have any revision tips/tactics/methods etc. they can share with me? My exams are in May and I'm thinking maybe I should start revising for them now? Thanks! :)

revision as in, revising paper? paper editing? I am slightly confused. Other users' replies imply that it may have been a multiple choice or free response paper.

So, what is it?

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I just can't believe they wouldn't send out a confirmation email at all. I wonder how many people will end up having to search for apartments next year because they missed the submission deadline.

It is surprising how bad Universities can be at organising things sometimes. A lot of people here would prefer to live in apartments if they could find a good one though. Mainly because University accommodation is so overpriced here. I'm currently searching for an apartment with the people I live with at the moment!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
revision as in, revising paper? paper editing? I am slightly confused. Other users' replies imply that it may have been a multiple choice or free response paper.

So, what is it?

Revising as in studying for exams.

Thanks for your other answers, by the way, guys.

Kacho

You are next.
I will make up mnemonics, and for some I would write out the order of how processes go, or cause and effect.

That is how I study anyways,

for math and science, practice, and also for science, visualize, and think about relationships of multiple things

I am a Freshman (9th grade) and my goal in High School is to earn a 4.0 GPA. We are almost 3/4 of the way through the year and I have kept a 4.0 so far! I am so close to getting my 4.0 for Freshman year!! It's a great first year of high school!! My best class is Biology!

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
A 28 is great! Congrats! I got a 28 the first time I took it, and then I took it again and got a 30 - most people do better the second time they take it, and a 28 or a 30 is plenty high enough to get into many great universities of your choice.

When I took the ACT, I just used one of those ACT prep books with the practice tests and study guides that you can get at any bookstore. A lot of them give you tips for succeeding in the portions of the test that you have trouble with. You could also take a class that you have to pay for, but you've already got a very good score so I don't think you need to spend the money on that.

Thanks! I used some of the available ACT practice tests you can find online, but they only gave me an idea on what questions might be on the test, not really a way on how to solve a problem. Since we only get 35 mins. for 40 questions, that leaves me less than a minute to solve each question. There is an ACT prep guide that's available online when you sign up, but costs an additional 15 bucks, so I'll probably try that out. But if that doesn't work, i'll pick up a couple act prep books when I have time.

Pretty satisfied with the score that I earned, but there was some parts that I think I could've done better on. Appreciate the tips/help!

Flame Mistress

As other people have said, write everything down. Apparently, that etches the info into your brain (not literally, of course). However, I just recite things in my head over and over again until I get it perfect. It's the old-fashioned method. ;D

Calamity™

aka Lamia

You might not want to start now, as it's still quite early and you may get annoyed of revision closer to your exams. One thing I find is that the hardest part is actually starting to work, after you start it's generally quite easy to get into whatever you're doing. So maybe do all your 'fun' things like gaming and listening to music early on in the day and then put in some good few hours of revision after. That's how I did it anyway! Make sure your class notes are good too because they'll be great to work from once you're done!

My first tip would be not to start revising now.

My second tip would be when you get round to it, just do it the boring old fashioned way.

1. Get a topic.
2. Write down all you know about it without your notes.
3. Look at your notes to see what you missed.
4. Repeat ad nauseam adding more depth and detail as you move on.
5. Verbalise your knowledge alongside writing it down. Teach yourself via speaking to yourself.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Thanks for all the tips guys! I wasn't going to start revising a lot - just about an hour or so a day. Is that still too much?

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Thanks for all the tips guys! I wasn't going to start revising a lot - just about an hour or so a day. Is that still too much?

An hour a day sounds pretty good to me. You'll probably end up spending around that much time doing homework anyway. And it should help you get into a routine for your future studies, seeing as they expect you to study around 2 hours+ a day when you get to University!

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
Just got through with a big tech project.
Im on the same cpu I did it from :p

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Damn, I am doing TERRIBLE on these Les Misrables quizzes (today I got a 6 out of 15). Anybody have tips for remembering what you read in a novel?

I passed my Chapter 3 exam in networking - Dynamic Routes and Protocols.

75% which is fantastic, considering everyone else my age scored a 62% avg.

G50

No longer posting
My recent Martial Arts class, I was able to experience teaching the 1st half of a class for my new school for the 1st time.

I was very nervous, and made a few teaching errors, but overall not bad for a first attempt.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Band director called out sick today.
WHYYYYYY? Band (and pokemon and harry potter and the hunger games) is my life. So now I'm bored.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I did rather poorly on a chemistry quiz. I was pretty upset by that even though my grade was only one point below the class average. I should be doing better than this.

G50

No longer posting
Band director called out sick today.
WHYYYYYY? Band (and pokemon and harry potter and the hunger games) is my life. So now I'm bored.

Yeah.... It's usually one of those classes that unless there is a second or assistant Band Director, there won't be much Band Class going on...