• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Scaldaver

Limitless
True very true , i'm in HS and my worst subject is Math :) I'm only good with practical sorta stuff like Arts, Cooking stuff like that.

I'm exactly the opposite. For GCSEs I'm taking Geography, History, French, SPanish, Astronomy, Three Sciences, English Lit/Lang and Math x 2. Anyone else like me?

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
I got a 70% on my last Les Mis quiz, which I was quite happy with (seeing as I failed the last two). My parents aren't so pleased however...

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Okay, since there's no HW help thread any more, can someone tell me how I should start verifying this?

cos3x = 4cos^3(x) - 3cosx

(I wasn't sure how to write superscript, so I used a carrot to indicate that the cosine on the right side is cubed. This means the problem reads "cosine of three x equals four cosine cubed of x minus three cosine of x")

Any trig masters know how I can do this? I can use any of the following formulas: double angle, half angle, power reducing, and angle addition/subtraction.

Kacho

You are next.
Okay, since there's no HW help thread any more, can someone tell me how I should start verifying this?

cos3x = 4cos^3(x) - 3cosx

(I wasn't sure how to write superscript, so I used a carrot to indicate that the cosine on the right side is cubed. This means the problem reads "cosine of three x equals four cosine cubed of x minus three cosine of x")

Any trig masters know how I can do this? I can use any of the following formulas: double angle, half angle, power reducing, and angle addition/subtraction.

lol. as a rule. if we're doing hw thread, please indicate what class it is, haha.
it looks like pre-calculus....
now are we trying to prove that the left side is the right side?

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
lol. as a rule. if we're doing hw thread, please indicate what class it is, haha.
it looks like pre-calculus....
now are we trying to prove that the left side is the right side?

Either side works. I tried the left side because it would be easier to make a triple angle easier to work with than to make something into a triple angle.

Kacho

You are next.
Either side works. I tried the left side because it would be easier to make a triple angle easier to work with than to make something into a triple angle.

Ok, pre-calculus escapes my mind more than calculus derivative and integration rules. If anyone else wants to jump in and help gelo, go ahead....
this is harder than remembering a certain pokemon's movepool :p

I got my progress report. 2 C's, 1 A and B. However, I now have 3 B's. I swear, between Heartland Pops, college, and a boyfriend, I don't know how I'm going to manage Virtual School. And I'm not even a junior yet.

Also, can anyone give me some facts about RIPv1?

Psygirl

Master of Psyduck
I swear, the desk chairs in my Medical Terminology class are made out of material that causes suffering to butts everywhere. That, I say, is probably the worst part of the college experience that I have encountered as of yet. Even worse than the loads of work and papers that we have to write.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
The lecturers that we got this semester are so annoying! They don't even bother replying to emails. For that reason I'll have to go in to Uni on Monday after work!

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
well, i can hope to retake some of my quizzes. If so would have me achieve above a D.

Urgh, History test did not go well today. We had to plan an ancient civilisation, of course, I had to miss out on certain details. Missed out on the surrounding wall, watch towers, training camps etc. Also didn't have time to 'beautify' the pic, so it's in B/W... Hopefully I pass this test...

Charazemma

Motivation, where are you? I need to write the introduction to my dissertation. That first sentence is always the worst...

ChloboShoka

Writer
I haven't been to college for nearly two weeks. Doctor prescribed me with tablets which made me feel ill and it turns out I'm allergic to them Been getting calls and texts non stop from my classmates.

Motivation, where are you? I need to write the introduction to my dissertation. That first sentence is always the worst...

You're only starting your dissertation now? Oh er.