• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

*IZ*

Uh, I was sick today and I went to school. Thankfully, it was inservice and most classes were like 30 minutes long. I probably won't be going to school tomarrow though.

RivalsByNature

Lalala Not Listening
I had a boring day at school. The only interesting things are an English presentation tomorrow and cutting open frogs in a couple weeks.

~Lati~

Or not :/
Please tell me you're kidding...

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
So interims came out today. I did pretty well, except in algebra (which I suck at anyway):
English: A
Biology: B
History: A
Algebra 2: C
Spanish 3: B
Public Speaking: A
Band: A

Kacho

You are next.

Me? nope. Biology is fun. :D
Also have fun when you have to take chem along with biology.

On the plus side, I am glad I don't have any more progress report any more in college. It's like the only thing to motivates me is to stop checking grades and just study harder.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
are you going for Masters or phD? in what major?

I'm getting my Master's in Biology! Every grad school is different, but mine only allows a max of 9 class hours, which is about average. But, on top of that, you have to do your research and teach the undergrads, so we stay pretty busy.

He's not. When I was in Vertebrate Zoology in college, we dissected a cat...and we had to skin it first. No joke. You probably don't want to even see the list of all of the things I've had to dissect in my life to get a Biology major.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I checked my grades a bit ago, and it said I had no score for something I turned in a day late. I'll have to tell my history teacher that sometime to get those eight points!

Also, today was the day I finally finished those Cohort/Advisory assignments. In period 2, just to make the day longer sometimes, on days that are not Friday, we go to this small 20 minute class based on people from our last name (sadly with mine starting with "W" not many cool people are there, most of them are the quiet ones, not even the cool quiet ones..., I only know a few of them). These assignments were mostly PE, but some ask about college and stuff.

Is my high school the only one that does stuff like this?

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
wow, havent noticed you here in a while hili i follow you everywhere.
as for me, im so bored at school. im kinda sick so i may just stay home
oh yeah brebuef sent out my finacial aid thingy and im getting $14500/$14675 for tuition off. yay for $175 tuition, out of almost $15000.

Vernikova

Champion
Long-*** Powerpoint (BEST. PART. Everyone in the class likes this, she gives us a really detailed description, and if possible, acts it out.)

Powerpoint presentations have to be the worst way to teach a class ever. I have never witnessed a class actually pay attention to one while it was going on.

Kacho

You are next.
I dissected a fetal pig. The smell of formaldehyde is laser-etched in my nostrils from those days.

ah, try the smell of ammonia/ammonium in chemistry class.
I am not even talking about deep concentrated ammonia/ammonium. Just concentrations good enough to have you thinking about the smell the whole day to week.

Mind you, I wasn't even intentionally smelling it, or smell it the non-recommended way. (recommended is wafting.)

but the smell just sticks for a while, and if your brain remembers the smell, it'll pop up occasionally. :p

ebevan91

Having a hot, young prof. who's only a few years older than most of the students in the class is kinda strange.

She acts like the students. It's just weird having a prof. who connects with the class so well.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
ah, try the smell of ammonia/ammonium in chemistry class.
I am not even talking about deep concentrated ammonia/ammonium. Just concentrations good enough to have you thinking about the smell the whole day to week.

Mind you, I wasn't even intentionally smelling it, or smell it the non-recommended way. (recommended is wafting.)

but the smell just sticks for a while, and if your brain remembers the smell, it'll pop up occasionally. :p

I am SO glad that it's not just me who this happens to. Sometimes, I'll pass by something completely innocuous, and all of a sudden my brain will think it's formaldehyde and I will instantly smell it everywhere even though it's not really there.

Kacho

You are next.
I am SO glad that it's not just me who this happens to. Sometimes, I'll pass by something completely innocuous, and all of a sudden my brain will think it's formaldehyde and I will instantly smell it everywhere even though it's not really there.

I have lab thursday last semester and wednesday this semester.
Sometimes, on WEEKEND, like saturday or sunday, my nose would suddenly thinks it is smelling ammonia... I am like what the hack?

XD

Aww yeah! I got 3rd highest marks, tied with another guy, for a compo test! Honestly I wasn't expecting this! My compo's never been great, who would have guessed it?! Appearantly not me :D

Last edited:

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Hurray, a Bio Test and a German quiz. Definitely not the worse of days for me.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I had a science test today and it sucked. I hate how I spend hours studying the main concepts and on the test, my teacher puts only a few main concepts and the rest of it is composed of minor things he has never mentioned in class before.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Got my scheduling sheet for next year, and most of the electives on it are crap.
Either they're all gym/music classes, or just really uninteresting. There's a few with multiple levels, but they're essentially the exact same thing as the previous level (ie, If I took Public Speaking 2, it's the same stuff from Speaking 1, just with less preface). Sadly this gives me one empty period that I need to fill.

So far, I've whittled it down to the following:
Jazz Band (Only one that interests me, but because it's by tryout and our band teacher doesn't like me, and there's only one open saxophone slot, it's highly unlikely I'll make it)
Aerospace Technologies (Which is a total waste of time, but I know people in it)
Digital Design (which is not interesting to me at all, but I hear you can do anything you want in it)