• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

725roy

ambivolent
My Earth Sciences teacher is a slap in the face of reality. Like he today he was literally get irked at us for not knowing how to study. He didn't take any excuses either.

Reality Slap in the face.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
My first day of school was a lot of fun, seeing old friends, getting info. about my classes, etc. etc. We really didn't do anything, except for Pre-Calc. we took notes on Section 1-1 of our book, which is just Functions. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Today was a lot more fun. I had Study Hall first hour, so I took that to get ahead on my math homework that we were assigned that day. Choir was great, we did Range Checks, I'm the only bass in my class. We also got our music for Homecoming Coronation. We're singing Smile by Uncle Kracker and The Way You Make Me Feel by Micheal Jackson, which is A TON of fun. I get the male solo, because the two other guys can't sing that low, which is awesome. In Creative Writing we watched the Monty Python sketch Dead Parrot and dissected why that was a great Duologue Scene to pieces. In Mystery and Detective Lit. we started reading The Murders in The Rue Morgue by Edgar Allen Poe, which I've read before. We were assigned study questions and I've answered the first two. They take up the majority of three pages in my notebook already :x. In Pre-Calc. we had a sub and an assignment that I finished in class. College World History is awesome! We are covering all history up to the Medieval Ages. We were discussing the creation of the universe and a theory that there may be a higher power or supreme intelligence. And I had another Study Hall, but tomorrow I start my Career-Link at the local Elementary School.

I'm have at least one friend that sits close to me in every class, so it's nice. We also have a new Foreign-Exchange Student from Germany this year. She's really cool, although really quiet. I'm thinking about inviting her to my party that I'm having next week.

Homework tonight is light, I only have the Study Questions from Mystery and Detective Lit. and I am going to write a bit in my Creative Writing notebook, I had a really funny conversation with myself in my head that would be great as a screenplay. I also have to call the Community College to take my Minnesota Accuplacer test, so I can stay in College World History. It's just the reading section, and that's only like 20 questions and I hear it takes only like a half hour to finish.

Completed my Networking exam today, got a 78. Not bad for the 1st exam ever in the history of my life...and I've already had 5 assignments which requires microsoft powerpoint...WHICH I DON'T HAVE...can anyone spare $150?

ChedWick

Completed my Networking exam today, got a 78. Not bad for the 1st exam ever in the history of my life...and I've already had 5 assignments which requires microsoft powerpoint...WHICH I DON'T HAVE...can anyone spare $150?

I can't spare $150 but I can offer some direction. I'm assuming you're a college student? Check with your bookstore and see what they offer. Mine and many other universities and even smaller colleges offer the whole student office suite for 25 bucks (to students). You can also download the trial if you need a little time and there are some other methods. Many universities also offer remote software licenses. For instance I can login to my universities remote system and use the entire Adobe CD3 suite over the internet(CS5 would be nice but eh). So maybe check and see if you have something like that.

Last edited:
I can't spare $150 but I can offer some direction. I'm assuming you're a college student? Check with your bookstore and see what they offer. Mine and many other universities and even smaller colleges offer the whole student office suite for 25 bucks. You can also download the trial if you need a little time and there are some other methods.

I'm taking dual enrollment...part college (vocational) and normal highschool. But, thanks for that great tip. :D

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Well, today I took a quiz in Math II over my homework that I thought I did very well on, but it turned out I missed 2 out of 5 on it D: Thankfully, my teacher may not count it, because we are allowed to opt out of one homework assignment every 9 weeks. She's a kind lady :)

Drawing I was fantastic today! I worked with China markers, professional crayons, and watercolor to create un tres beau illustration! :D At least, in my opinion that is...

Chemistry = kill me!!! My teacher literally tried to kill us with boredom (not really). She took forever to explain everything, and since our classes aren't divided into advanced and regular, I'm forced to go the sluggish pace with all the other average intelligence :p

Comp 2 was quite interesting, as it was my first time working with white charcoal. We're working on pieces for a gallery in October called, "Spiders, Snakes, and Snails (oh my!)."

I can't wait for tomorrow! French II and Painting I = best day ever!! :D

today was my first full day back. it wasn't too hard, i just need to get back into this whole cycle. waking up at 7 is something i definitely hate though. i have a busy schedule this year but i get to go home early on account of spares last period. kinda nice. :)

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
today was my first full day back. it wasn't too hard, i just need to get back into this whole cycle. waking up at 7 is something i definitely hate though. i have a busy schedule this year but i get to go home early on account of spares last period. kinda nice. :)

Try 5:45, then you're in my world :p

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Just in, we have a two hour delay. Because of flooding.
Anyway yesterday was my first day of school, and also my first day of high school. High school seems alright... so far. I don't like being in honors classes because I'm really not that smart. But being in normal classes are so boring. Yesterday in Biology we jumped right into the Biology stuff, but today in Spanish we still did 'get to know each other' activities.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Well, I didn't get the sheet with what assignments we were supposed to do over the summer for AP Calculus, for one reason or another, so I had to do it all in one night.

Luckily, it wasn't that hard for me, and somehow I didn't feel tired at all the next day.

But it still kinda upsets me that my school focuses more on mediocre sports teams (they can't even make it to state level) than on providing a better curriculum (only 4 AP classes? Seriously?). At least they're actually making steps to prepare students for the ACT (new timed tests at an avg. of one minute per question).

There was also supposed to be a new hallway added in, but the contractors don't have a construction permit. At the earliest, that new hallway won't be added in until mid-October. So I have to share lockers until then. >_<

Ces

A crane fell down near my school today. I think one person was hurt. Our opening ceremonies are postponed for a while due to that and other things, which I'm happy about. I wrote quite a depressing poem in one of my English classes today. lol

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Today was my sixth day of school. I take Drama, Advisory (which is random and we mostly is filler), Geometry, Lunch, Biology, and Yearbook. I seem to be getting the hang of high school by this point.

Homework seems surprisingly forgiving today. Had none for drama, only a margin for Geometry, but three pages for Biology. Couldn't even get a turn to take a picture in yearbook...

Something I noticed that was someone in yearbook got Dress Coded' (went against it), but after the day, when I did my youth group at church, I don't think Dress Code really exists. I think it's because I go to a Charter School, while everyone else goes to other random High Schools and don't really have dress codes.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan

I wake up at around 7:30, because my earliest classes start at 9:00, which are a computer science class and a social dance class. We're learning the Foxtrot. Taking social dance? Best. Idea. Ever.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
First day today. Fairly light day, but it'll pick up. Outside of Band, I only have major academics this semester.
Good news is, I got to see my girlfriend today! :D
And all my other friends I saw either often or limited amounts throughout the summer. :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok I'm in college right now and I have to take two buses to get there, and I ****ing hate the bus with a passion!!!! The school part is ok but getting there is such a pain in the *** lol.

Darkseeker

Crimson Denizen
Well, I don't have to go to college until tomorrow...Being hit by a car has it's benefits XD

John Madden

resident policy guy
My junior year at Ohio State still doesn't even start for another two weeks. :I