• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

4. Pokemon is dying in the uk (where I live) and not many people like it, let alone girls! So I'm afraid that if I tell people I like it they may call me lame, like at my junior school. But, when I went for a tour of the school, we went to languages classroom and in the Chinese/Japanese corner there was a booklet about Pokemon in Japanese. So at least one person likes it....
There are a lot more of closet fans out there than you'd think. Just make it known that you're a fan and eventually more people will come to like it and you.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
I am going to High school next month...I think on September 6th. Most people would be really nervous, but since I've gone over to the high school for a art program a couple times I'm not petrified. But I'm nervous, mainly for this reason:

I really don't know how I will tell the older student's that I have a disability...I have no trouble talking about my Autism online, but in real life it takes me a couple days to tell someone. It's a risky thing to do in high school, you risk being called stupid...or worse. (You all probably know what word I'm talking about) even though I'm not that at ALL. If I were that I wouldn't be even typing this. I really don't know what I'll do if I make a new friend and I try to tell them...any suggestions? Please be honest with your answer.
As I learned, just be interesting and ur good...
We were made to share something interesting about us in english today and... well how is "I beat the Elite 4" better than "Lived in Japan for 4 years" or "I parachuted off a mountian" or "Stayed in a haunted house"
With my interesting, I kinda said something about my hair (which was dyed a pinky red color the day before school started, to make a splash)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Most people in my school use BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) to socialize/communicate. As I have an iPhone instead of a BlackBerry, and thus don't have BBM, I missed out on a lot. Heck, my closest friends are the few people who don't have BlackBerries.

That's weird. I don't know anybody who uses a Blackberry here in the States. Everyone either has an iPhone or an Android, and the iPhone users think that Apple is superior and the Android users hate iPhones. It's assumed that people who have Blackberries probably use Internet Explorer and eat glue.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
That's weird. I don't know anybody who uses a Blackberry here in the States. Everyone either has an iPhone or an Android, and the iPhone users think that Apple is superior and the Android users hate iPhones. It's assumed that people who have Blackberries probably use Internet Explorer and eat glue.

What's weird that that's literally the exact assumption that some of my classmates have!
"Blackberry users? You didn't hear that people of that nature eat glue and are insist on using Internet Explorer?"

Flame Mistress

This is people from rich families, so yeah XD BBM is the thing here. People get BlackBerries just to use BBM. bit of a waste, really

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
This is people from rich families, so yeah XD BBM is the thing here. People get BlackBerries just to use BBM. bit of a waste, really

Nah, it really is a waste to get a phone just for Blackberry Messenger. I mean, why not use MSN or AIM or something instead?
There's AIM and MSN for the iPhone and Android phones, too...

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Or you could use an app called touch. Use it. I use it. Oh and it's not like really posh school that rich people go to. And anyway, according to me, APPLE RULE DA WORLD OF PHONES AND STUFF. I had I iPhone, buuuuuut I sorta lost it. But I have an iPod touch instead (like everyone else in my year). Blackberries? That's more of a typical phone for work people, rather than kids. My dad told me something about which type of people had which phones, and I'm telling ya, the people with iPhones had the better jobs.

I've decided I'm not gonna tell anyone about my liking for Pokemon. Cos ill make it kinda obvious.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Haha, Blackberries are NOT dead (unfortunately). You do actually get a lot of business people still using them, over here anyways. I think it's about 30% business men and women with the high end blackberries and 70% college kids (the kind that don't get any GCSEs or at least that have large friend groups where everyone uses a Blackberry for BBM - the kind of people that go around in groups where everyone wears the same thing - ironic considering Blackberry's new atttempt at advertising "if you have Android or iPhone then you're a crowd-folowing sheep whereas if you have a Blackberry you're an individual"!). They're pretty common round here actually.

I personally like Android best but I try not to hate on iPhones, even though they do piss me off sometimes. My opinion is that the Android interface is best suited for me and the iPhone interface best suits iPhones users. It just pisses me off when they say things like 'the Android interface is too complex, the beauty of the iPhone interface is that it's so simple and anyone can use it and the design is most pleasing to the eye, it's like scientifically proven' when, for me the iPhone interface is confusing compared to Android (why does your back button change depending on what I'm looking at? Sometimes it's 'back', sometimes it's 'done', I never know what I'm looking for! On my phone has a dedicated back button - always back, whatever you're doing, like a B button on a gameboy, very reliable) and I think the iPhone interface is awfully ugly. Not everyone is going to like it - that kind of thing is subjective and that's fine, but that's why it's annoying when SOME iPhone users try and tell me that their iPhone is so clearly superior for reasons that can't be proven.

Flame Mistress

I personally like Android best but I try not to hate on iPhones, even though they do piss me off sometimes. My opinion is that the Android interface is best suited for me and the iPhone interface best suits iPhones users. It just pisses me off when they say things like 'the Android interface is too complex, the beauty of the iPhone interface is that it's so simple and anyone can use it and the design is most pleasing to the eye, it's like scientifically proven' when, for me the iPhone interface is confusing compared to Android (why does your back button change depending on what I'm looking at? Sometimes it's 'back', sometimes it's 'done', I never know what I'm looking for! On my phone has a dedicated back button - always back, whatever you're doing, like a B button on a gameboy, very reliable) and I think the iPhone interface is awfully ugly. Not everyone is going to like it - that kind of thing is subjective and that's fine, but that's why it's annoying when SOME iPhone users try and tell me that their iPhone is so clearly superior for reasons that can't be proven.
Lol, I have the exact same issue with Androids... my aunt let me fiddle around on her Android for a while. I was completely lost. I was like, "Why is it automatically giving me words on top of the keyboard? How do you get to the menu? Can you download apps on this thing? Why is C+P so hard to do? Where's the forwards button on the Internet? How the hell do you work this thing?" XD

Recon

I have and android phone and I think it works easier than an i-phone. Then again, I rearely use a phone and smartphones so really, I can't say too much about the topic

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I currently have a Blackberry but if I had to choose between Android or iPhone, I'd easily choose Android.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
My opinion is that the Android interface is best suited for me and the iPhone interface best suits iPhones users.

I completely agree with you here. I have an iPhone and I really like it; I tried to use an Android once, too, Flame Mistress, and I couldn't figure it out, either. But everyone's different and so different phone layouts suit different people.

vespiqueen

I'm pretty sure Blackberries aren't dead, but I usually see more adults use them than any people my age. I remember when they were really popular (I've had two of them before!) but now it seems like iPhones are taking over.
Not that I have a problem with that, I love my iPhone :D

Anyway, I started school last week. My first class is just an elective and it should be enjoyable but I'm so cranky in the mornings :/ But I know I'll get over it soon, once I get used to waking up early.

Deltron Z

Banned
optics clans the secret weapons of the government

THAT'S WHAT THE GOVERNMMENT WANTS YOU TO THINK!!! dont be foolish enough to give into the mechanical illusions propagated by the government's psy-op organically chemical psychosomatic war agents.... it's a fool's agenda to think that the war in iraq isn't a result of psychobeing rights and the frigid antifreeze deposits in antarctica.... THINK FOR YOURSELF FOOZ QUESTION AUTHORITY.........

Flame Mistress

I completely agree with you here. I have an iPhone and I really like it; I tried to use an Android once, too, Flame Mistress, and I couldn't figure it out, either. But everyone's different and so different phone layouts suit different people.

Yeah, I guess so. As someone who's been using an iPhone since the age of 8, it's natural that I feel more comfortable with it XD

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
YOU HAD IPHONE WHEN YOU WERE EIGHT!!! I'm 11 I have a freebie phone that my mum got when she got her iPhone 4s. My family is totally apple. Apple computers, mac books, iPhones, iPods, iMacs. The only thing we lack is an iPad.
As in terms of phones, I want a Samsung Galaxy SIII. Which I think is android.... But then I also have an iPod touch.
So either iPhone or android...

Flame Mistress

YOU HAD IPHONE WHEN YOU WERE EIGHT!!! I'm 11 I have a freebie phone that my mum got when she got her iPhone 4s. My family is totally apple. Apple computers, mac books, iPhones, iPods, iMacs. The only thing we lack is an iPad.
As in terms of phones, I want a Samsung Galaxy SIII. Which I think is android.... But then I also have an iPod touch.
So either iPhone or android...

Oh, no, my dad let me play on his ^^; I did get my first iPhone when I was 10, though. My whole family uses iPhones, but we don't have any other Apple products.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Oh, no, my dad let me play on his ^^; I did get my first iPhone when I was 10, though. My whole family uses iPhones, but we don't have any other Apple products.

Same with me - my family has iPhones, but we use PCs with Windows. I can't believe you young'uns with cellphones in middle school. I didn't have a cellphone of my own until I got my driver's license at 16. Before then, if my sister and I went out with friends, we took this little pay-as-you-go freebie phone that we were only allowed to use to call our parents if we needed to be picked up somewhere or if we had an emergency.