• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Had to cut today short because of an appointment at the doctor. Score. lol

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Well duh, but how does it help, you're just drilling information into your brain. And revising is boring. and if you're bored, you forget stuff, so basically you just waste time.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
That is true. I forget most of what I revise due to being bored and thinking of better things to do...

Flame Mistress

Well duh, but how does it help, you're just drilling information into your brain. And revising is boring. and if you're bored, you forget stuff, so basically you just waste time.

Actually, it does help. Sure, writing down notes is easier, but if you keep on reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over again (while actually concentrating), it eventually does get drilled into your brain. Kinda like how I know every single detail of every single location in Pokémon Black now that I've played through it over and over and over and over and over again.

JD

Damn I go back tomorrow.. thank god my Summer Reading is due next Friday I already finished one paper one more to go I'll probably try to finish the other one tomorrow or Thursday I'll probably start it later today.

Trust me, revisjng is not something to be taken lightley or something boring that teachers invented to make your life miserable. I didnd revise as much as I could have for my exams, and I still got good results... Just not as good as they could have been (I blame TF2..., but I realy know it's my own fault.) If you keep on looking over something all the time, It's going to find a place in your mind to make its home, sweet home and will welcome you when you come to visit it.

Anyway, I go back on friday, to get timetables and other stuff sorted before proper term starts, aswell as helping inducting the Yr 7's. I'm not good with young people...

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Hahaha blame TF2!

I done some proper GCSE exams last year (Year 10) so I'll also get those results as well as my mock results when I go back...

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
It's only been my second week of my senior year so far, and i'm already being bombarded with tons of homework from both AP Physics and AP Psychology. Pretty overwhelming :p

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's only been my second week of my senior year so far, and i'm already being bombarded with tons of homework from both AP Physics and AP Psychology. Pretty overwhelming :p

I wish we had those AP classes at my school, though I can blame my Physics teacher for some of that, since he spent 99% of the year talking about Minnesota. I'm stuck with AP Chem and regular Psychology, though I guess 5 AP tests is already rough on me. Not like my GPA needs to go any higher, either.

Trust me, revisjng is not something to be taken lightley or something boring that teachers invented to make your life miserable.

Maybe that applies in college, but right now in high school, it's still possible to get away with an A without revising/studying at home. Any time we have to review for a test, I spend playing video games. Or am I just weird/arrogant?

Moneyy

INACTIVE
My first day was today, and it sucked. Half of my friends have a different lunch period than I do, and I barely know anyone in any of my classes. I also forgot to hand in my summer packet, which is ironic because I finished it the first day of summer vacation.

Turpoo

S|utbro
First day of school tomorrow, I'm really nervous, it is just hitting me that I won't be seeing my old class only 2 people out of 29. I am dreading Spanish being my first class and I know NOBODY in that class and I am guessing it is going to be mostly sophomores in that class, but THANKFULLY I have my best friend in my lunch... ALSO I just learned that my WHOLE town walks to school, no bussing, except for the half of the other surroundings towns that are in my school district, weird.

I start school tomorrow. I don't feel nervous, most likely because I've gone to that school since Kindergarten. I've just gotten all my things packed up for tomorrow.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well I start high school tomorrow. Yay. I don't know what supplies I need, don't know any of my teachers, and I have lunch period 4. That's at like 9:30 in the morning! And after school: Football for three hours. After that? Shopping with mom for my supplies, which is no fun because she always gets the cheapest crap just to save a few extra dimes.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Unlike the majority of people who have posted within the last page or so, I'm starting my fourth (I think, too lazy to count) week of high school classes tomorrow.

I've been taking the bus every morning and every afternoon to get to and from school. Does anyone else need to take the bus to or from school like me?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Unlike the majority of people who have posted within the last page or so, I'm starting my fourth (I think, too lazy to count) week of high school classes tomorrow.

I've been taking the bus every morning and every afternoon to get to and from school. Does anyone else need to take the bus to or from school like me?

I own a car and I take the public bus to school. It saves me an unbelievable amount of gas money, and the bus route is free for me because I'm a graduate student.