• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Taking a practice graduation test in december.I keep getting pressured by the teachers

A practice graduation test? As in an exam that tests whether or not you know what you're supposed to have learned?

It's sometimes the small things that are important, but if the questions are pathetically easy, then I'd just skip it. Of course, if you don't know whether or not the questions are easy until you actually take the practice exam, it'd be too late.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
A practice graduation test? As in an exam that tests whether or not you know what you're supposed to have learned?

It's sometimes the small things that are important, but if the questions are pathetically easy, then I'd just skip it. Of course, if you don't know whether or not the questions are easy until you actually take the practice exam, it'd be too late.

Yea sorta its mostly a test that decides if your going to graduate your senior year.

Usually those tests are kind of easy but idk about this year

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Geesh. Tomorrow would be the start of my second term Midterm exams (it is afternoon here in my place now.) Last day of my vacation today.
I had to deal with the following subjects this week for 3 to 5 days.

-Basic Drawing Skills (involves actual sketching and creating art projects)
-Advance C++ Programming (written and mechanical)
-Trigonometry (somewhat a college version mixed with high school)
-Mathematical Logic (a different field of math. You know, venn diagrams and the like involving Tautology, Contingency, and Contradictory)
-Graphics Design (using Adobe Photoshop CS6. Very fun and quite technical too. With written tests too)
-Art Literature and Design (more likely about describing historical art, the kinds, and forms of art. From drawing, to vocal, to literature, art appreciation, etc.)

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Yea sorta its mostly a test that decides if your going to graduate your senior year.

Usually those tests are kind of easy but idk about this year

Oh, so it's like the CAHSEE in California where they ask questions that practically insult you because of how easy they are?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Today's my last day of the holidays and well, needless to say, I still have a ton of work to finish by tomorrow.

Hmm, well... I do have two free periods tomorrow.... and there's not really much point starting until I've had breakfast so I can spend a bit more time on Serebii...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Hmm, well... I do have two free periods tomorrow.... and there's not really much point starting until I've had breakfast so I can spend a bit more time on Serebii...

I have two free periods on Mondays as well. Well, not really: one in the very early morning, and one during TA. But I basically do nothing during TA anyway, so I call it a free period where I can basically do whatever I want. :)

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I have two free periods on Mondays as well. Well, not really: one in the very early morning, and one during TA. But I basically do nothing during TA anyway, so I call it a free period where I can basically do whatever I want. :)

I don't know what TA is but that reminds me of something we have called NTPs (Non-Taught Periods), which is meant to be an extension of whatever lesson we had last period and it's supposed to be independent study but everyone just treats it as a free.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I don't know what TA is but that reminds me of something we have called NTPs (Non-Taught Periods), which is meant to be an extension of whatever lesson we had last period and it's supposed to be independent study but everyone just treats it as a free.

TA stands for teacher's assistant.

In my case, I just grade whatever my teacher wants me to grade (rather, whatever my teacher is too lazy to grade), but I'm fine with it, since she basically gives me full control over every student's grades. That means that I can just be as mean or as nice as I want with grading and the teacher doesn't care, but of course I wouldn't do that. :)

Poetry

Dancing Mad
TA stands for teacher's assistant.

In my case, I just grade whatever my teacher wants me to grade (rather, whatever my teacher is too lazy to grade), but I'm fine with it, since she basically gives me full control over every student's grades. That means that I can just be as mean or as nice as I want with grading and the teacher doesn't care, but of course I wouldn't do that. :)

Ah, we should have more teacher's assistants in our school. When we hand in an assessment for the teacher to mark it usually takes so long that by the time we get it back everyone forgets that we ever did it and we don't usually care much about the grades than we usually should.

Flame Mistress

My form tutor's agreed to help me revise for my Theory exam, which is either on this Wednesday or next Wednesday. Having a music teacher as your form tutor really does have its merits.

If the exam is this Wednesday, this means that I have four lists of French, German, and Italian music terms to learn in two days. ;A;

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Back to school and it means that second semester has just started. I'm still getting the nervousness around specially for my main course. Haven't got lessons today except for both Chem (lec) and (lab). I guess it's time to get serious tomorrow..(where all the lectures will start all over again).

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Ah, we should have more teacher's assistants in our school. When we hand in an assessment for the teacher to mark it usually takes so long that by the time we get it back everyone forgets that we ever did it and we don't usually care much about the grades than we usually should.

The problem with having TA's just for that is that not all teachers actually make their TA's grade stuff. For example, one of my (really, really tall) friends is a TA for some math teacher, but he doesn't make him grade anything. Instead, he makes him go buy him coffee and stuff everyday from the nearby Starbucks. :)

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Back to school and it means that second semester has just started. I'm still getting the nervousness around specially for my main course. Haven't got lessons today except for both Chem (lec) and (lab). I guess it's time to get serious tomorrow..(where all the lectures will start all over again).

Your guys' second semester starts so early! When did you start school this year? o:

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
I really 'ought to be doing some reading by now. Did 3 midterms on Thursday and I said I was gonna make sure I catch up.. ugh, university. How wonderful art thou.

Spacial

procrastination
First day back after half term, came home in a good mood because our only homework that wasn't revision (I hardly do any revision) was a really simple maths homework.

Well...I haven't had school for a week for a hurricane...which was...okay, then again I had my parents bothering me about the SATs and stuff. As for actual school, my AP US history teacher is definitely not qualified to teach AP classes, then again, I am more worried about the SATs, then again, I gave up studying since I can't get to 700 on any parts. Hopefully my SAT subject tests and ACT will help me out. Then again, on ACT day, I was totally out of it; in the middle of the second section, I just stopped working, I don't even know why, it was like someone put sedatives on my snacks.

Spacial

procrastination
In swimming today my friend couldn't swim because... yeah, she's a girl, (I hope everyone gets what I mean) and when she had to tell the teacher, she said she couldn't swim, and the teacher really loudly said the reason why XD luckily there was nobody around but it was near the boys changing rooms.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I had to write an essay in class. I just wrote the lyrics to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up and handed it in.

Last edited: