• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Chili

Well still.... I was mad at her. Because she was my best friend.

Gaddamat my mum is so annoying. I get a 42/60 in my science test (this is Gcse's by the way) this is my raw mark and when we scale it that's the grade that matters. Not to mention that this is a mock gcse paper and even then the quality is way too high for a 9th grader. And on top of that my ranking is joint 4th. sometimes i just lose my mind and shes just there to make everything worse that unappreciative little... Does anyone here know how i feel because i really want to vent my anger.

I know that feel. I remember messing up on my SATs a few weeks back. I felt horrible just checking the score, and then my mom made me feel at least five times worse. I stayed in my room for the next few days, it's like whenever we crossed paths she would always mention how I messed up and how I will never go to a good college etc. etc.

Flame Mistress

Gaddamat my mum is so annoying. I get a 42/60 in my science test (this is Gcse's by the way) this is my raw mark and when we scale it that's the grade that matters. Not to mention that this is a mock gcse paper and even then the quality is way too high for a 9th grader. And on top of that my ranking is joint 4th. sometimes i just lose my mind and shes just there to make everything worse that unappreciative little... Does anyone here know how i feel because i really want to vent my anger.

Oh yes. My mum's your typical Asian mum, so she pretty much flipped out when I failed to get over 90% for all my end-of-year-exams, even though they're not that important in the end, anyway. At least I got over the median score for all of them - my dad threatened to throw away my 3DS if I didn't. =/ I bet she's going to flip out at me for not getting 100% for my Theory exam, too (assuming that I actually don't, which is about 99% likely).

Oh yes. My mum's your typical Asian mum, so she pretty much flipped out when I failed to get over 90% for all my end-of-year-exams, even though they're not that important in the end, anyway. At least I got over the median score for all of them - my dad threatened to throw away my 3DS if I didn't. =/ I bet she's going to flip out at me for not getting 100% for my Theory exam, too (assuming that I actually don't, which is about 99% likely).

My parents used to take away my stuff too XD but then they realized that it didn't boost my grades...my parents are so smart

Last edited:

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Fruck sakes, I thought I did pretty well on my Crime Victims midterm and I got a D. Even worse is I got 51.1. :WEJGOI:EDGJ:EHGEL

Some idiots haven't taken it yet so we have to wait until next week to go over it.

Chili

Ugh, we have points cards and if we don't have a certain amount of points. We die. jk. Well we aren't allowed to do fun things. Like a party.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Argh, gradients were the only topic I never really got either, that and Sin/Cos/Tan graphs, with the wavy wavy lines. There isn't much of it in the exam though so you should concentrate on stuff like simultaneous equations and triangles (not the nice stuff like acute angles but the horrible stuff like using sin/cos/tan to calculate angles).

Things get interesting when you get to physics and you start to learn what actual gradients are (colors and stuff) in physics... at least that's what I've heard. Both gradients and gradients would have to be used!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I have to do math homework, and drivers ed homeworks tonight, yay I'm so excited -_-

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Wait, you have homework for driver's ed class? That optional nine-day class that you decided to take?

Yep no one said it cost $650 for nothing, we drive, do homework, and also sit still for 3 hours with a minimal 15 minute break somewhere in there and that's not included in the 3 hours

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Yep no one said it cost $650 for nothing, we drive, do homework, and also sit still for 3 hours with a minimal 15 minute break somewhere in there and that's not included in the 3 hours

Sit still for three hours? Are you implying that you don't actually learn anything in the driver's ed class? o:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Sit for 3 hours. Really?
Yep 3 long never ending hours I go back to it tomorrow we had no school today

Sit still for three hours? Are you implying that you don't actually learn anything in the driver's ed class? o:

Actually I am saying what we do in the 3 hours is sit there and do book work, at least that's what we did on the first day, I'm going to try to make the first drive time before anyone else if I can

dinosaurs: yes we have to sit for 3 hours a day, do book work, do a total of 30 hours in class including 12 hours driving, and 6 observation

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Actually I am saying what we do in the 3 hours is sit there and do book work, at least that's what we did on the first day, I'm going to try to make the first drive time before anyone else if I can

Well, I would've rather not taken the driver's ed class and just be taught by somebody else, but now that you're in it, you should make the most out of it.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Geez, that's pricey. I only have three months until I'll be starting the whole drivers-ed thing.