• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Need a brief vent here. No offense in advance, ladies.

WOMEN!! OH MY FREAKING GOD!! IT'S LIKE TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HYROGLYPHS WHILE WEARING A BLINDFOLD AND BEING LIT ON FIRE!! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THEM OUT!? *Stand on top of a cliff and screams.*

...ahem. Needed to get that one out. :p

Good sir, the answer is simple. ...You don't figure them out. D8 They are like a complex puzzle and eventually the puzzle gets so complex you eventually go "F***/EFF THIS I'M OUTTA HERE", ragequit and kick the door, and then cry yourself to sleep if you feel miserable enough. ;P

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Good sir, the answer is simple. ...You don't figure them out. D8 They are like a complex puzzle and eventually the puzzle gets so complex you eventually go "F***/EFF THIS I'M OUTTA HERE", ragequit and kick the door, and then cry yourself to sleep if you feel miserable enough. ;P

It's not so simple when you're a guy like me who can't accept it unless I win. So I continue until I do win. I blame my perfectionist personality for making things complicated :p

Moog2

Must stay awake...
SapphireIris, that pretty much sums it up. I know I have no hope at all for ever understanding women, but every now and then, I really need to vent about it. Like right there.

Don't figure them out. There isn't just one answer to girls because like all people, women are individuals and want different things. Instead of trying to figure us out as a species, figure out the individual girls likes, dislikes, and such, and it becomes a little easier.

It isn't going to make it much easier, but it's better to work one by one as opposed to trying to figure out half of the population.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
^ that's what I've been trying to do. It, ah, doesn't work too well. I'm not exactly smooth with the ladies. :p

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
One thing that I don't like about most math tests is that they ask the student to solve a problem in one specific way (let's call this Method A). Yes, I know it's to test whether or not the student knows how to solve a problem using Method A, but if they get the correct answer by doing some other method (Method B), why restrict them in the first place? If it's to make sure that the student isn't screwed if they can't solve a more complicated problem by using Method B, then wouldn't the student just use Method A on this complicated problem?

Magnegross

peepee ding dong

WOMEN!! OH MY FREAKING GOD!! IT'S LIKE TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HYROGLYPHS WHILE WEARING A BLINDFOLD AND BEING LIT ON FIRE!! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THEM OUT!? *Stand on top of a cliff and screams.*

man I decided to look at other threads for once and the first thing to come to mind was, "is there anyone in the student lounge thread that isn't in 7th grade?"

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Thanks. Be nice.

Recon

Computer Science is making me frustrated, I barely understand Java and nothing's helping so far...

I got a mid-term on it Thursday and I'm freaking out.

Flame Mistress

I find it pretty sad that our school has a Japanese Society, which covers anime, manga, the language, the culture, and so on, but not video games. :< You still get people who know about (and even play) Pokémon, Final Fantasy, and even Ace Attorney, though. Only they're all in the upper years. ;~;

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Being in charge of the first ever Academic Competition Team at your school is kinda tough. We're doing Quiz Bowl, Science Bowl, History Bowl, all that jazz. What's even more stressful is trying to compile study materials over things you previously didn't know.

Considering that all of our team members, myself included, don't know that much about literature, I've been compiling plot summaries, character lists, etc. It becomes really satisfying when you get a practice question on literature right... my knowledge of Shakespeare has probably quadrupled thanks to my lists!

But then there are these insane science questions that no one, not even the other teams in the previous competitions we watched, was able to get until the really obvious clue popped up at the end (they start with the most obscure facts first). As for math, history, geography, and chemistry, I'm awesome at that. I have to rely on my teammates for biology, physics, mythology, and astronomy though.

Anyone else participate in a Quiz Bowl?

EDIT: Oh, and also got back my SAT Subject Test scores. 770 in Chemistry, 760 in Math II.

WTF. Math was always my highest score. I don't even know what happened.

Last edited:

ebevan91

I hate those classes in college where the professor says "No matter what your grade is, if you fail the final exam, you fail the class."

It's such BS. Like right now, I have an A in the class, but if I make even ONE point below passing on the exam, I fail the class. I've even estimated what my final grade would be if that wasn't the case. I'd still pass the class even if I didn't take the exam at all.

General Nonsense

Star Glider

Women are just people. Try to think of it that way.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
But then there are these insane science questions that no one, not even the other teams in the previous competitions we watched, was able to get until the really obvious clue popped up at the end (they start with the most obscure facts first). As for math, history, geography, and chemistry, I'm awesome at that. I have to rely on my teammates for biology, physics, mythology, and astronomy though.

Anyone else participate in a Quiz Bowl?

Wow, you're really that good at sciences and math aren't ya!? That's cool. I've already participated in a Quiz Bowl ( during our first sem), and without hesitation I've tried, together with my schoolmates, even if it was meant for our first time.. It was fun and a bit nervous at start looking how many contenders were there .. participating and aiming for the champion.XD It was a good experience.

I hate those classes in college where the professor says "No matter what your grade is, if you fail the final exam, you fail the class."

^This..is the thing that our Prof(specially in Chemistry) usually tells us, which he does have a point. It's a challenge to accept and it's college so definitely you would be expecting that..

MallorylovesVulpix

Trainer Since 1999
Advice to all current and prospective University students: be sure you are 100 percent happy with the college you choose. Because it is very difficult to throw down $30,000 for one semester, be miserable, and have to do so much paperwork and spend so much time trying to transfer to another school. It is absolutely tortuous. Especially with finals, projects, etc. Thanksgiving Break starts Friday, I am so thankful for the week away from this place!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I just drove all the way to college only to find out that my class had been cancelled. This is the second day in a row I've had a class cancelled on me. Oh well, at least it gives me a little more time to work on my Health paper that's due next week.

Aside from English 112, I'm doing well in most of the games I had to retake this time around. Hopefully, at least.