• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

BJPalmer85

They did approve a dodgeball tourney, but the Hunger Games might be pushing it solely because of the context.

i can see where that would be a problem, especially with how uptight parents are today.

B

Flame Mistress

I just proposed the idea that our school should do a laser tag version of the hunger games where each grade chooses two students via a lottery and the winning grade wins a pizza party.

Our school does that every other year (or something), only it's with stickers, the whole school's involved, and a bunch of other stuff. Basically you get a target, you have to kill that target by sticking a "DEAD" sticker on them, and then you take your target's target, who then becomes your own target, and rinse and repeat. I managed to kill two people last year, which was supposedly a lot compared to the others. I was also No.1 (everyone had a number assigned to them to avoid confusion), which was nice.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Our school does that every other year (or something), only it's with stickers, the whole school's involved, and a bunch of other stuff. Basically you get a target, you have to kill that target by sticking a "DEAD" sticker on them, and then you take your target's target, who then becomes your own target, and rinse and repeat. I managed to kill two people last year, which was supposedly a lot compared to the others. I was also No.1 (everyone had a number assigned to them to avoid confusion), which was nice.

Our school has something like that called senior assassination where you're assigned a student to shot with a water gun? Each student pools in $5 and the winner gets all the money. Only those in the senior class can play.

Flame Mistress

Our school has something like that called senior assassination where you're assigned a student to shot with a water gun? Each student pools in $5 and the winner gets all the money. Only those in the senior class can play.

The only prize you got for being one of the final survivors was a box of chocolate, heh. You still had to pay £2 to participate, though.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
That's good. And tomorrow's Friday. Don't let the fact that tomorrow's Friday make you less motivated! :)

Well, if by that you mean don't study hard, then too late. :p Though the test was much easier than I thought. No doubt I'm going to miss some questions, but I'm confident with most of that test. Quite a few question about Benzene, though a ton on hybridization, which is easy.

So the SATs are tomorrow for me. Too bad my score stopped improving.

FrozenConstellation

There for grace I go
Currently have 3 ISPs (independent study project) that I have to do...ugh....

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The student government's planning some sort of class-wide Mafia game or something that's going to go on after school near the end of this quarter. Each participant is going to get a raffle ticket as well as play Mafia with other people, and whoever is in the top three, as well as whoever is picked in the raffle, will win prizes. :)

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Well, after 3 months of AP Statistics, I have resorted to calculating the probability of encountering a female Sneasel in the Hidden Grotto in the Giant Chasm: .05*.02*.3=.0003 or .03%. The expected number of regenerations to find a female Sneasel: 3333.33! Thanks to Stats, I know Game Freak has pretty much made the Hidden Grottos to be redundant :p You'll have a better chance of finding a Yanma in SoulSilver or HeartGold before the Nat. Dex than finding a female Sneasel in the Grotto. Thank you school -_-

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Well, after 3 months of AP Statistics, I have resorted to calculating the probability of encountering a female Sneasel in the Hidden Grotto in the Giant Chasm: .05*.02*.3=.0003 or .03%. The expected number of regenerations to find a female Sneasel: 3333.33! Thanks to Stats, I know Game Freak has pretty much made the Hidden Grottos to be redundant :p You'll have a better chance of finding a Yanma in SoulSilver or HeartGold before the Nat. Dex than finding a female Sneasel in the Grotto. Thank you school -_-

I'm too lazy to check whether or not Sneasel can be found in the Dream World, but if it isn't, a 0.03% chance of finding a Sneasel is pretty high when compared to 0%. :/

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I was hoping for a relaxing weekend, but unfortunately I have deadlines to meet for next week. Written around nine hundred lines of code, and spending hours going through it all and adding comments to show that I know what I'm going on about. Then creating a user guide, method documentation papers and stating feedback. And this is just one of three projects. A long few days ahead of me.

Flame Mistress

I'm on my way to our school's Christmas Fair. I sincerely hope that they meant video games when they said that they were going to be selling games.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Only 3 more school days with drivers ed after School left, I can't wait for it to finally end

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Not feeling the best this weekend, hate having a blocked nose. Hopefully it'll clear up by Monday.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader

Flame Mistress

So, it turns out that they did sell video games after all at the Christmas Fair. However, the only DS games on sale were Harvest Moon DS (looks too ugly), Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (I've already watched a playthrough of it), New Style Boutique (not interested in fashion), More Brain Training (I already have), and some kind of sudoku game. The others were all PS2 (they're still around?!) and Wii games, which I weren't interested in. I thought about buying Pandora's Box, but by the time I came back to the stall someone had already bought it, which I'll take as a sign that there are Professor Layton fans in my school. I have not been this happy in school since the time I won first place in my year group for a creative writing contest.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I'm on my way to our school's Christmas Fair. I sincerely hope that they meant video games when they said that they were going to be selling games.

Christmas Fair? In November?

I've heard of places celebrating Christmas in December and January, but not November. Or unless it's like a pre-emptive sort of thing?