• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I really should be finishing up that paper that I'm supposed to turn in on Monday for health class, but instead, I'm procrastinating as usual.

It's really sad when you'd rather be studying for math and chemistry than writing the remaining paragraph and a half of a paper... -_-

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Found out all of my profs are striking tuesday and wednesday next week, so I don't have classes those days.

I'm not really sure what to feel about that.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I think I said before that I'm hating English at the moment because we're not studying anything worthwhile, but I finally sat down to have a look at the book we're reading, The Kite Runner, and... well, it's brilliant. Finished it in one night and I can't wait to start covering it in class. So much better than the Great Gatsby.

Flame Mistress

What I should be doing: Revising for my Chemistry test on Tuesday.

What I am doing: Posting on SPPf, listening to music, and making my Shippers' Secret Santa present.

Ugh, Chemistry... I really should push myself to revise, since everyone who's already taken the test says it's pretty hard, and it's also an hour long, apparently... but I just can't be bothered.

*IZ*

What I should be doing: Revising for my Chemistry test on Tuesday.

What I am doing: Posting on SPPf, listening to music, and making my Shippers' Secret Santa present.

Ugh, Chemistry... I really should push myself to revise, since everyone who's already taken the test says it's pretty hard, and it's also an hour long, apparently... but I just can't be bothered.
You should should study Monday or Sunday because you might forget if you study so early. :)

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You should should study Monday or Sunday because you might forget if you study so early. :)

I'll disagree with this, but only because it's how I function.

I'd study some on Saturday, and take note of what I don't get, then study a second portion of the subject on Sunday, then a third portion on Monday, and then collectively study everything that was on my "I don't get it" list and study it at the last minute.

vespiqueen

I never study on weekends, I usually study in my Art class for any upcoming tests since Art is my first class of the day.
I wish I didn't procrastinate so much :/

ebevan91

2 final exams this week, both are online classes. Gotta go to the actual campus to take them though.

Recon

Finally finished my first college lab report, my god that was annoying. Thank god I'm changing my major.

AS for studying, I study to reinforce my knowledge. I could definitely pass every class if I study, but I want to do better than passing, so I study.

Flame Mistress

So, I've found a nifty way for memorizing the seven Diatomic Elements:

Vaporeon = Hydrogen
Flareon = Oxygen
Espeon = Fluorine
Jolteon = Nitrogen
Glaceon = Chlorine
Umbreon = Bromine
Leafeon = Iodine

It's based on a mnemonic our teacher gave us to memorize, which had girls' names instead of Pokémon, obviously (Heather, Olivia, Fey, Nina, Clara, Brianna, and Ivy, respectively). I feel so clever for doing this, but I know I'm not really. //headdesk// Now I shall return to revising, posting on SPPf, and listening to music all at once. Multitasking FTW

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Working on a long Microeconomics assignment that's due Tuesday. I'm done with most of the actual work, and mainly have the drawing of rough graphs for the four market structures (perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly). I think I'll finish it up tomorrow, being the lazy student I am.

Along with being lazy, I generally don't study for anything, but that's because it doesn't take much of anything for me to understand something(not quite photographic memory, but along those lines). I've keep a perfect record this way(bar an A- a few times for you picky ones), so I'm fine not studying, unless I really don't know what I'm learning. That's only happened a few times, though. I'm still nowhere near a genius, though I'm hoping to be at least high school valedictorian at graduation this year.

Flame Mistress

Working on a long Microeconomics assignment that's due Tuesday. I'm done with most of the actual work, and mainly have the drawing of rough graphs for the four market structures (perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly). I think I'll finish it up tomorrow, being the lazy student I am.

Along with being lazy, I generally don't study for anything, but that's because it doesn't take much of anything for me to understand something(not quite photographic memory, but along those lines). I've keep a perfect record this way(bar an A- a few times for you picky ones), so I'm fine not studying, unless I really don't know what I'm learning. That's only happened a few times, though. I'm still nowhere near a genius, though I'm hoping to be at least high school valedictorian at graduation this year.
So in other words, you're a born genius.

Man, I wish I was like you. Apparently my dad was a bit like that, but unfortunately I inherited my mum's brains (she's very clever, yes, like my dad, but she lacks his musical talents and photographic memory //headdesk//), so yeah.

Recon

For a long time I was able to get As and B+ without studying. That changed when I began taking AP courses and having a harder schedule to work with. I began putting in around 2 hours worth of studying per day and that number only increased as I got into college. However since on college term is only 7 weeks long with all classes lasting that length of time, it makes sense seeing as how quickly we go through material.

For Diatomic Elements, I used Dr. BrINClHOF (Brin-col-hof) Saved my butt on a couple tests.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Played netball in PE today. Turned round to revive a pass, BANG. Ball hit me right in the middle of the face. My nose still hurts.
Science wasn't as eventful as Friday's Science but still. Science is good. Our teacher just lets us ask him random questions about anything sciencey during most lessons.

vespiqueen

I WISH I had a photographic memory or something similar! You're so lucky!
My memory is awful, I forget what I had for dinner sometimes.

Flame Mistress

Played netball in PE today. Turned round to revive a pass, BANG. Ball hit me right in the middle of the face. My nose still hurts.
Science wasn't as eventful as Friday's Science but still. Science is good. Our teacher just lets us ask him random questions about anything sciencey during most lessons.

Netball is a dangerous sport. People in my year have broken their ankles playing the sport.

Anyway, it was Parents' Evening today, which is where teachers give feedback about their students to their parents. Apparently all my teachers said great things about me, except...

RS. Religious freakin' Studies. I've been answering pretty much every question my teacher has given me correctly, I've always done my homework right, I've been a generally good student all round, yet she tells my parents that I seem to have had no biblical knowledge beforehand, and is honestly surprised that I'm from a Christian family (we've been studying Christianity), despite the fact that I know far more than anyone else in my class, let alone the kids at my church, even the things they actually teach at church! What the hell? That is utter bullcrap, I tell you. Not to mention, I got 90-something percent on my end-of-year RS exam last year. I swear, she hates me. Ugh.