• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Well, do they do their job correctly?

There was a fight at my school a few weeks ago (they happen fairly often) that was actually between a student and our single security guard. It quickly escalated to physical attacks.

Never get in a fight with a school security guard.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well the one for school isn't time consuming, because its one of my classes. The one I'm auditioning for isn't really either, as there are only like two or three rehearsals before the concert, and then its over.

Man, I wish I had great opportunities like that for extracurricular activities, though aside from sports, I never found interest in most extracurricular activities. I really failed in that department, which hopefully won't have too much of an impact when my college applications reach those that I applied to.

Woah, so you go to one of those schools in the US that have security guards and everything? I can't imagine having them in my school. I really don't see why the staff can't have trust in their own pupils (unless they're actually really bad).

The thing is the security guards are too corrupt to be useful. Students get cool with them and they allow them to bring in things. It's stupid.

John Madden

resident policy guy
comprehensive GIS exam on tuesday, microecon exam on monopoly/monopsony/monopolistic competitive firm behaviour on wednesday

guess what i'm doing all day tomorrow

Finals week starts today. Statistics and Biology, both classes that I've taken before and failed. If I fail again, I'll never hear the end of it...

TheEliteEmpoleon

Man, I wish I had great opportunities like that for extracurricular activities, though aside from sports, I never found interest in most extracurricular activities. I really failed in that department, which hopefully won't have too much of an impact when my college applications reach those that I applied to.

Really? No extra-curricular stuff interests you? There's gotta be something, right? Sports are always a good thing for college applications, so I've heard.

Anyway, I'm home from school again... Stupid wisdom teeth...

ebevan91

Got both of my finals tomorrow and I'm not going to study #YOLO

Finals week starts today. Statistics and Biology, both classes that I've taken before and failed. If I fail again, I'll never hear the end of it...

I'm taking both of those classes next semester.

Flame Mistress

Last Friday, we had this double football session where these former Premier League players/coaches/whatever coached us for a bit. At the end my PE teacher asked me if I was interested in coming to football practice, especially since football's fairly unpopular compared to all the other sports in my school, and they're kinda short on members. Should I join? (btw the football I'm talking about is soccer)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Really? No extra-curricular stuff interests you? There's gotta be something, right? Sports are always a good thing for college applications, so I've heard.

Anyway, I'm home from school again... Stupid wisdom teeth...

Oh, I am in Track, but that's all, really. I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt to have a number of other extra things. Of course, back in Freshman year, I didn't think I'd be getting such good grades, so that's not entirely my fault.

Finals are kicking my ***. Grades are good but the time I'm putting in to study has been ridiculous. I don't have any tomorrow though so maybe I'll just sleep all day...

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I have a Crap load of homework -_- I'm doing a pamphlet on rabies for health :3

Arvis

Since it's the last week of the semester, i have tons of work to do.
which includes study guides, old worksheets i never turned in, two art projects and i have to read two books by Thursday morning.
Yipee -_-

TheEliteEmpoleon

Oh, I am in Track, but that's all, really. I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt to have a number of other extra things. Of course, back in Freshman year, I didn't think I'd be getting such good grades, so that's not entirely my fault.

Cool! I do track too. Plus, if you have good grades, colleges might look at you anyway!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Cool! I do track too. Plus, if you have good grades, colleges might look at you anyway!

The only thing different is that the sprint coach is retiring from coaching track to coach his daughter in softball. And the hurdles coach, which is my coach, isn't going to be with us this year, for my senior year too. This means that one of the coaches is managing both of those, plus pole vault. It's going to be hectic, but at least this coach was my hurdles coach freshman year. As for grades, I know colleges will look at me for sure. It's a great understatement for me to say I have good grades, but grades aren't everything. They are a huge part, though, I'll admit.

Shiny Milotic is a BOSS

<-- Best Shiny Ever!
Mid-terms are coming up... Probably gonna fail miserably but oh well... I generally am a great student but exams suck.

TheEliteEmpoleon

The only thing different is that the sprint coach is retiring from coaching track to coach his daughter in softball. And the hurdles coach, which is my coach, isn't going to be with us this year, for my senior year too. This means that one of the coaches is managing both of those, plus pole vault. It's going to be hectic, but at least this coach was my hurdles coach freshman year. As for grades, I know colleges will look at me for sure. It's a great understatement for me to say I have good grades, but grades aren't everything. They are a huge part, though, I'll admit.

Geez, that does sound hectic! Good luck with all those coaches. I myself don't have too bad grades; they're all around 92-94 except Earth Science, which I have a 99 in! But I don't think grades in Freshman year count that much.

Man the personal statement is so tough to write for me. I read a lot of them and have seen things that reeaallly make people stand out. I read about someone going to Japan, someone never watching TV, and someone being gothic, it's like compared to them, all I have is playing Dragon Quest all night. Besides that, I just have generic cliche things to write about that college people don't give two bothers about. Gotta think of something good soon.

John Madden

resident policy guy
The first time I read personal statement guidelines was the first time I was actually glad to be physically disabled.