• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I sent an application today to the College I want to go to. I'm hoping to do IT BTEC Extended for 2 years.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Ahh Crap, I forgot to drop off my D hall slip today, I'm going to get in such trouble today :( I'm screwed now

ebevan91

Done with this semester. I don't go back until the 14th of January or something like that.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Done with this semester. I don't go back until the 14th of January or something like that.

Lucky you - I'm beginning to get the extended holiday homework.

Flame Mistress

We met our new Chemistry teacher today, since our current one is going on maternity leave (why do all the good teachers get pregnant/get other people pregnant?). It seems like I'm on her bad side already - she picked on me three times this lesson alone. Goody.

In other news, we have to read Jane Eyre over the Christmas holidays. Double goody.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Geez, that does sound hectic! Good luck with all those coaches. I myself don't have too bad grades; they're all around 92-94 except Earth Science, which I have a 99 in! But I don't think grades in Freshman year count that much.

Well, freshman year doesn't count for too much, but it still matters since that will get you into tougher classes easier, and it does help for your transcript. Class rank is a big factor in a lot of colleges, which is something I have a huge advantage in.

I know right? I can so get into Harvard like that.

Actually, writing about video games can be quite great to write about, if that's really something that you think is important to you. I didn't apply for Harvard, so I don't know about that one, specifically, if that's any different. Though I hear that colleges rather you write what you want them to know about you, and not what you think they want to know about you. I wrote about video games for one of my statements, and I had it revised by my English teachers and some friends. They said it was a fantastic representation of who I am, and my current teacher, who hates video games, found it very interesting to read. Of course, I didn't apply to very many colleges, and I won't know of my acceptance until March, so I can't be 100% confident yet.

John Madden

resident policy guy
damn it, stop talking about admissions so i can feel better about delaying filling out all these LSAC applications until later this month

Recon

So I'm in a video on my school's main site. Makes me feel good.

Also, I'm done at 2:00 this Thursday. Woo!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Does anybody know of a site where you can search for certain university courses in America?

ebevan91

Does anybody know of a site where you can search for certain university courses in America?

What are you asking? You can go to a university's website and view their courses there. Not all universities offer the same courses, but most do.

So think of some universities you want to go to, look up their course offerings, and decide which one you like the most.

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
What are you asking? You can go to a university's website and view their courses there. Not all universities offer the same courses, but most do.

So think of some universities you want to go to, look up their course offerings, and decide which one you like the most.

It's more that I know the course I want to do, but I wouldn't know which unis offer it. We have a website called Unistats for British universities where you can search for specific courses, see who offers them, and compare. That's the kind of thing I was looking for.

ebevan91

It's more that I know the course I want to do, but I wouldn't know which unis offer it. We have a website called Unistats for British universities where you can search for specific courses, see who offers them, and compare. That's the kind of thing I was looking for.

I don't think such a thing exists. If it does, I haven't found it. There are WAY more colleges/universities here in the US than Britain so I think it'd be much harder to compile a database like Unistats.

What are the courses? What major? What field are they under? Some schools specialize in fields more than others.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I don't think such a thing exists. If it does, I haven't found it. There are WAY more colleges/universities here in the US than Britain so I think it'd be much harder to compile a database like Unistats.

What are the courses? What major? What field are they under? Some schools specialize in fields more than others.

It would be languages - is there a specific university that is good for that?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Phew... I am finally done with this semester. Six weeks of vacation, here I come.

I also just found out that I got an A in both lecture and lab for health class, so I'm feeling great. : )

Flame Mistress

Phew... I am finally done with this semester. Six weeks of vacation, here I come.

I also just found out that I got an A in both lecture and lab for health class, so I'm feeling great. : )

Six? Weeks? WHAT?!

The average school in England only gets like two weeks. This is just ridiculous.

(Oh, and, congratulations on the A's!)