• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Helping my son with an AP class... Anybody know what remote sensing is?

~Ace

i can show you how
Right so... 6th day back, all was well, then i realised i forgot my "gym" kit so i watched the class play bench-ball, hyped for next thursday to play.

Ces

School is going well for me. Having anxiety issues now and then, since it's a new school, but I'm not as depressed as a was last year, so waking up is much easier. I've made a few new friends already, and most people have been very kind. I think this school year will go well.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I have to go to school on my sixteenth birthday. What's bad about it? I have a test in AP US History, doing PT for JROTC which is insanely grueling, especially the mile run after the hour of grueling exercises.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
I wish dude, l absoleutly hate my teachers, waking upf or school at 6 in the morning for this ****, darnit

Well, today I have 69 Algebra 2 questions from the textbook. I have to read 43 pages of a history textbook for APUSH and then answer 2 questions each a page long. 2 page essay in chemistry along with a Photoshop assignment for Digital Media.

voog2

Well schools been good so far. Well, ok. Some parts are good. Some are bad. That's Grade 8 for ya I guess... I think?

My teachers are good, for the most part. My LA teacher looks like she's 17, lol xD She gets pretty mad easily though. But it's not too mad. My Math and Science teacher (same person) is pretty good. He doesn't really get mad, and when he does it's not like a crazy spaz attack. He gives quite a bit of homework though. Plus I dislike the seating arrangement we have in his class. Not near any friends -_- Other than that, it's ok.
My gym teacher is nice. There's nothing mean about him. He's not like 'DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY!!'. He's a nice guy. I like him.
My Religion teacher is nice also. She really doesn't give much homework, and we haven't done any actual work in class so far :D
My Band teacher is a nice guy. He's got a rather odd, but funny sense of humor. He tells funny stories too. My family knew him a bit outside of school too.
My Info Pro Teacher... -_- I don't like this guy. (BTW, Info Pro is like computer class if you don't know) He's rather strict. I got in trouble for changing the background on my school email account to purple, lol xD He does give a decent amount of free time, though. That's like the only good thing. Maybe I dislike him so much because I just dislike him telling me the 'proper' way to type on a computer.
And well that's it for teachers. My school is pretty cool, for a school.

ChedWick

Helping my son with an AP class... Anybody know what remote sensing is?

From a geographical stand-point I know a little. It's the surveying via satellites which can survey in one of two ways, active scanning or passive. Passive is taking in info such radiations which are emitted where as active you're sending out signals to that bounce back like radar.

Psychic

Really and truly
Well, today was day 3 back this term and I only had one class. I don't have any classes tomorrow, either, so my weekend starts on Thursdays. :) On the downside, said Thursday class doesn't remotely interest me and I really need to switch out asap. Looking good otherwise.

~Psychic

John Madden

resident policy guy
2 page essay

You're going to love university.

e: Last term I had seven exams, seven full Java programs each spanning 100+ lines and requiring at least three days each of work, and a 15-page research paper on the political economy that required a good week of research.

And this term's basically going to be the exams and the research paper, three times over.

~*junior year*~

Last edited:

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Stayed up until about 3am doing homework and then got a text reminding me that we didn't even have school today. I'm quite glad. =D

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Rough calculation, but today was something like the 140th day of school for me this year due to me being in Australia. It also means that I've only got another three months - less than, actually - left in Year 11 and then my final year of school awaits, which is quite scary. The Year 12's have been sitting their trial exams and it's really quite nerve-wracking seeing them cram and be all anxious and whatnot; it makes me quite fearful for next year. I'm in IB, and it's tough, but it's only going to get tougher.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Rough calculation, but today was something like the 140th day of school for me this year due to me being in Australia. It also means that I've only got another three months - less than, actually - left in Year 11 and then my final year of school awaits, which is quite scary. The Year 12's have been sitting their trial exams and it's really quite nerve-wracking seeing them cram and be all anxious and whatnot; it makes me quite fearful for next year. I'm in IB, and it's tough, but it's only going to get tougher.

O: I just started the IB. It seems okay now, but I can see how there's going to be a major workload soon. And all our final year students ended up hating the IB by the time they were done. >.<

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
The maths departments has some new chairs. They're comfortable, they're sturdy, they're clean, they're just the right height and they're apparently good for your posture. The problem is the design.

They're bright blue and look like they're scaled up from nursery chairs. If you were to walk in and see a class sitting in them, you'd wonder if they're allowed to use scissors.

Also the head of sixth form spent all assembally rambling on about his bloody shed again. And he made an analogy for a sucessful school year that was somewhat derailed by the sun not being an overly desirable destination. What with the burning and everything.

pirate555

Word.
Also the head of sixth form spent all assembally rambling on about his bloody shed again. And he made an analogy for a sucessful school year that was somewhat derailed by the sun not being an overly desirable destination. What with the burning and everything.

Hah, heads of sixth form are all unique and yet all the same in that once you've had a week's worth of assemblies with them, their speeches are utterly predictable. Mine used to spend each assembly complaining about Republican Americans. In a UK School.

My final year of university starts in October, and it can mean only one thing: final exams that define my degree grade and therefore the unfolding of my life path Dozens and dozens of 21st birthdays. 21 is seen as the "big birthday", and as such attendance if you get an invite is pretty much compulsory. The first of these involves traipsing 250 miles down the country and possibly spending the night with my heavily pregnant sister-in-law, who probably doesn't want a sofa-surfer while she's waiting for her life to turn upside-down with her first child due. Hey ho, at least it'll be a nice party and a chance to catch up with the uni crowd.