• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I barely passed my first calculus test this semester :/

I have always been horrible at math. My best grades were always in history, english, and some science and computer related classes.

That's opposite of me. Every year I've always excelled in Math but I would then have trouble in either English or Science.

Last edited:

Recon

So my probability professor is in the hospital due to some illness, and will be out for the rest of my college's term, which ends in two weeks.

This kind of sucks because I was just getting used to his teaching style, now we got someone else who I have no idea about their teaching style.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
All of the X and Y spoilers are making it really hard for me to get anything done. This is really bad since I have an exam on Monday and two papers to do this weekend >.<

Rakansen

ラルフ
All of the X and Y spoilers are making it really hard for me to get anything done. This is really bad since I have an exam on Monday and two papers to do this weekend >.<

Welcome to the club. Next week is finals week for me and I have all these essays to type up this week. Back then I would only check out this thread and then do my homework, but now I find myself browsing the Internet in search of information about X & Y and the next think I know it's already 6:00.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Welcome to the club. Next week is finals week for me and I have all these essays to type up this week. Back then I would only check out this thread and then do my homework, but now I find myself browsing the Internet in search of information about X & Y and the next think I know it's already 6:00.

Once X and Y are released, I can spoil it all in one go and then be able to get things done again. Sadly my paper is due before then. =/

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
Chemistry is really REALLY stressing me out. It is my lowest grade at a 90%. I'm like borderline A.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I always have a bit of trouble with English and History. I tend to be more of a Math and Science person.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Thank goodness I don't have any tests or assignments due around the time X and Y come out. I do wish they were coming out this weekend instead of next, though, because something came up and I might not have much time to play the games on the 12th... /firstworldproblems

Anyway, got my chem lecture results back. I got an 88.5%, but it turns out that nearly everyone in the class (including me unfortunately) got one of the questions wrong, and because it was worth so many points, my professor added an extra 10% to everyone's grade to make up for it. So my effective grade is somewhere around 97-98%, which is nice. Now I just have to wait for my results for the other two exams I took this week, but I feel like I did better on those. So hopefully it should be smooth sailing for the next 8 days. And after that I don't know how I'm going to be able to focus on school for a while

ebevan91

Craaaaaap. My average didn't change at all after taking my microeconomics midterm. My grade on the exam was the exact same as my average. I would've done better if the instructor would actually POST our assignments instead of having us figure out what we have to do ourselves. I had no idea what I was supposed to study in order to take the test. Plus she gives us like 100 questions and a time limit, so looking up answers in the textbook really takes away some of your time. I'm really regretting taking this class online. She hasn't posted any assignments or lectures in 3 weeks, yet she just assigned a midterm today.

Last edited:

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
I'm really struggling with AP World History. Not the class, since the teacher is so easy, but the subject is just so confusing. Ugh, I'm stressing over the AP exam.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm really struggling with AP World History. Not the class, since the teacher is so easy, but the subject is just so confusing. Ugh, I'm stressing over the AP exam.

My school never even offered that class, but the year is still new. Don't stress too much about the AP test just yet. Give it some time, and maybe things will get easier to understand. That's how AP European History was for me, kinda. I only got a 3, but still, I got a 3 on half of my AP tests.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm pretty happy with my grades at the moment, but my Comp Tech is at an A- because of a zero in a project I haven't finished yet. I'm pretty sure I'll have it done by the end of the term (which is next week), since all I have to do is revise a PowerPoint and work on a report (which I'm going to work on in my pastime). If I manage to finish the project before Wednesday, I'll be able to skip the final.

I can't wait to get X next week, but I'm somewhat worried it's going to take up so much of my time when my next term begins, and I have AP Human Geography along with Japanese next term, two of which some people say are difficult subjects.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Heh, this site has been consuming a ridiculous portion of my time as of late. I require every new pokemon before XY will release me from this seduction.

John Madden

resident policy guy
...Man, it's weird how I basically stopped posting on this forum as soon as I graduated from Ohio State.

(Maybe that'll change when I eventually try to get into grad school in a few months!)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Heh, this site has been consuming a ridiculous portion of my time as of late. I require every new pokemon before XY will release me from this seduction.

You have no idea how hard it is to avoid spoilers while still coming to the forums. I refuse to see anything that isn't posted the main site here. That probably will serve to help me focus more on school work during this last week, and then it will all be worth it.

...Man, it's weird how I basically stopped posting on this forum as soon as I graduated from Ohio State.

Oh, I actually went to watch a football game that happened to be against Ohio State back on September 14th, I believe. We lost like we do most games

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I aced my first exam! And it was Chem! Which is important for premeds like me! I couldn't believe the average was a 63. Some people need to stop partying and start studying, but the worse is when they cry and blame it on the lectures or something else. But yeah, hard work pays off, guys.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
So I almost screwed up in my first year at this university. Bombed my first midterm calculus grade, without any chance of passing it on my second try, so I was pretty much condemned to repeat the course. I got an excellent grade on the exam but failed to turn in any homework. Yes, they give us homework. But then comes along professor good deeds, and gives me a chance to get a passing grade if I turn in everything from now on and do an extra project at the end of the semester. I guess he thought it would be a waste for someone that knows the subject to repeat the course because of homework.

All I'm saying is that not all college professors are out to get you, some of them want you to be successful. There is still hope.