• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

ebevan91

I have a midterm exam on Monday night and even if I make a 0 out of 100 on the exam I'll still be passing the class lol. I'm not too worried about this one. I know the material and as long as I make at least a C my grade should still be a B or higher.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
The deadline for us to apply to universities is coming up and that means I'm going to have to decide what my first choice is...

I need to finish a history project and study for history and biotech tests for tomorrow uggh

725roy

ambivolent
Has anyone else ever had the paranoia when you've finished all your work and yet, you're paranoid that you forgot to do something? I've been feeling like that all weekend.

Has anyone else ever had the paranoia when you've finished all your work and yet, you're paranoid that you forgot to do something? I've been feeling like that all weekend.

It's been the exact same thing with me! I did all of my math and then made spreadsheets for one of my teachers yesterday and I've felt like I've forgotten something ever since!

Anyways... This year in general is way too stressful. Last my, my sophomore year, was pretty much a piece of cake, even for being in all honors/AP classes. It was fun last year. And this year is stressful. For those who don't know, this is my schedule:

-Food & Wellness (an easy A and it's fun)
-Choir (because my friends and I all sing)
-Honors Algebra II
-German II
-Chemistry
-AP American History since 1900 (to 1900 was last year)
-College American Literature

The first half of the classes aren't bad, and then I get to the other half, the end of the school day, and it's game over for me. I don't even know to put into words how stressful this junior year of high school is. I'm rambling about stress at this point, but yeah. Tryin' to keep that 4.017 GPA up.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I just spent the weekend visiting home, which was very helpful in passing time this last weekend before X/Y, and I'm ready for this last week. Though of course it would happen that a few hours after getting back on campus, there was a small earthquake (I live on the 5th floor) of a minor 3.1 magnitude. At this point, it's about 20 minutes since then, and I just now realized it was an earthquake and not just people being stupid in the hallway. First a generator exploded last week, now a small earthquake? Next thing you know, I'll be here saying that there was a fire on campus.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
you know colleges dont really give a **** about weighted gpa right

or honestly gpa in general

Aw, but you know how generalized of a statement that is. The actual GPA may not be worth as much as people think it is for getting into college, but it does count for something to keep up a good GPA, at least while in high school. I mean, it's definitely not a decisive factor; my 4.8 weighted GPA is not what got me into the college I'm at (and there's no way I could get into some place like Stanford with simply that), but it most definitely did lead to one factor that helped me get where I wanted to be.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
dsfklsdlfkjs. So far It's been okay in my first semester of college.

...Until today/lastnight.

ksldflskdfk. I found out that I missed an online Quiz I was supposed to take for my anthropology. Jesus. I can't believe it. I missed friday on the week before last week because I wasn't feeling well, so I came back on wedensday (Would have been monday but the teacher wasn't there) and asked the teacher "hey did I miss anything, anything important?"
She told me just what we went over. And said there was nothing else.
Then on friday I came in and pressured her to make sure that there was nothing else I had to do aside from the paper because I thought our conversation got cut off by class. "Are you sure there is no information I missed that would be important?" were my exact words.

She told me no, so I thought i was safe.

Then i checked my grades yesterday and found out I have a 0/100 on Quiz two.
...sighhhhh.

I talked to her today and she told me that She couldn't do anything for me because it's my job to keep up with this, despite that she forgot to mention it to me. It said on the Sllyabus that i had a quiz online this week, and she DID send out e-mails. I jsut didn't check them because I trusted her...

Siiiiiiigh. I really really hate online tests.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
dsfklsdlfkjs. So far It's been okay in my first semester of college.

...Until today/lastnight.

ksldflskdfk. I found out that I missed an online Quiz I was supposed to take for my anthropology. Jesus. I can't believe it. I missed friday on the week before last week because I wasn't feeling well, so I came back on wedensday (Would have been monday but the teacher wasn't there) and asked the teacher "hey did I miss anything, anything important?"
She told me just what we went over. And said there was nothing else.
Then on friday I came in and pressured her to make sure that there was nothing else I had to do aside from the paper because I thought our conversation got cut off by class. "Are you sure there is no information I missed that would be important?" were my exact words.

She told me no, so I thought i was safe.

Then i checked my grades yesterday and found out I have a 0/100 on Quiz two.
...sighhhhh.

I talked to her today and she told me that She couldn't do anything for me because it's my job to keep up with this, despite that she forgot to mention it to me. It said on the Sllyabus that i had a quiz online this week, and she DID send out e-mails. I jsut didn't check them because I trusted her...

Siiiiiiigh. I really really hate online tests.

I agree.
But its nothing compared to them loosing work for an entire semesters worth of a class, that happened to me once. Took them forever to find it, but they eventually did. If i didnt complain loud enough, i would have had to re-take the class.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I agree.
But its nothing compared to them loosing work for an entire semesters worth of a class, that happened to me once. Took them forever to find it, but they eventually did. If i didnt complain loud enough, i would have had to re-take the class.

Amazing what derps can happen isn't it? I'm glad you forced them to find it though.

Not gonna lie, I don't like online tests in any way shape or form. It's so easy to cheat so we never want to learn anything. :/... It doesn't make me learn anything, it just makes me want to "get through it with a high grade". I signed up for a regular class, not an online one...

but I'm going to have to deal with it I guess.

ebevan91

Not really looking forward to going to my college tonight to take an exam... I'm not worried about the exam or anything I just don't want to go up there yet lol.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Ugh, I have a follow up mini paper I have to write for attending an open house to one of the 'colleges' on campus. It's just time consuming and annoying considering I don't want to go into paper science or conservatory biology. I want to do zoology or wildlife & fisheries, but I have to type about my experience anyway :/ Oh well.

ebevan91

too many immature sophomores on my bus. ugh their class is the worst

Sophomores are usually the worst. Freshman are expected to act the way they do so that's normal. I don't remember many immature juniors or seniors at all. There may have been a couple though.

ebevan91

I have school from 12-10 tomorrow, and that's not even a long day.
#CollegeProblems ?

There is no way I could do that, and I've seen worse. I have a friend who played in his university's band, and he had to leave at 6AM and didn't get through with his daily activities until 7PM.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Gonna have my first test of the year and I already forgot everyting that I studied while sleeping. This isn't going to go well.

e: It went okay.

Last edited: