• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

I finished writing my cover letter for a company where I wanted to have an internship and sent it to the teacher for approval.
I can't wait to send the letter to the company, I really want to be an intern there.

Update: My cover letter was approved by my teacher and I emailed it to the intern company along with my resumé.
I hope I get invited to the internship job interview :U

(Sorry if posting twice isn't allowed.)

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
I just finished my last semester at community college and therefore graduated. :0 I didn't walk at the ceremony, but I'll have my diploma for an Associate's in Liberal Arts in July or early August, depending on when they get mailed. I finished with a 3.54 GPA as my cumulative and a 3.75 for the semester. Probably the best I've done the whole time I'm there. The only thing that held me back from a 4.0 GPA was a B in Spanish, and that was because I stopped caring, haha.

I'm going to be starting at the university in the fall to get my Bachelor's in English with an emphasis in journalism and minors in international studies and graphic design. ;3 My first semester schedule is British literature, American literature, digital writing, and research design. Fun, fun. Lots of literature my first semester, haha. I'm really excited for the digital writing course though. It sounded really cool when I read the course description for it.

The people from the internship company wanted to know why I wanted to be an intern at their company. I emailed them why and I hope it gave a good impression so I can have a intern job interview there.

Writing the final thesis for my bachelor's degree really SUCKS! I have to ask some people some question, but no one ever responds! Sigh, hopefully I'll be done be the end of next month...

If it's a survey you can ask to some people, why not ask Serebii people? Then again, i'm sure its something stupid like you can only email people from your school or something like that with the questions. Luckily when i was in undergrad i never had an annoying project such as that.

As for myself, got a 3.0 in my 2nd law school semester, so i'm still in it with a B+ average after my first year of law school. So, looking at the year in review i can honestly say that law school is a pain in the *** and i would not wish that hell upon any person whom i'd feel sympathetic towards. Screw Contracts, Obligations, Legal Writing I and II and Constitutional Law I. You will not be missed.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Okay so first year of college is coming up.. Taking 18 hours as a freshman :/ and next year I'm taking 3-4 junior classes and a senior class. Gah I hope this pays off

Zora

perpetually tired
Okay so first year of college is coming up.. Taking 18 hours as a freshman :/ and next year I'm taking 3-4 junior classes and a senior class. Gah I hope this pays off

What exactly are you taking? I took 19 credit hours during my second semester at college (Physics I/Physics I Lab/Calculus II/English 2/Critical Thinking/Latin II) and it was a very stressful semester. Doable, mind you, just not fun.

If it's your first semester, it might be better to hold off on a class that's GE and a timesink.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Well I'm majoring in Electrical Engineering.

So College Algebra, World Geography, interpreting films, Comp 1, trigonometry, and freshman seminar. One of my classes got canceled so now I'm at 16 instead of 18

I still have ± 4 weeks for college left, I have a job interview with the company for my internship next week, Awesome!

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
It's been about a month, but I graduated from college! It was an amazing experience being able to go meet great friends and learn new things. Also since it's June I would like to thank anyone graduating from high school or college. It's a big accomplishment, you should feel proud!

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Graduated from high school not too long ago and i'm starting college in about 2-3 months from now. Oh boy...i'm kinda scared actually.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
My teach wouldnt let me drink my apple juice after bookwork was done! I finished the whole chapter second out of everyone, and was done way before anyone else except Lacie because she's actually a big cheater and uses her phone...

She just took it and told me "no". Like, okay??

I didn't have college today, it was great. Pretty sure that almost no one will come to class since we don't really have assignments where we need to be in class for.
Though we might get an instruction about the new Graphic Design assignment.

And the presentation classes can be pretty useful but all we do in that class is showing our portfolio to the teacher and get feedback on it, it's not that it's a bad thing but I thought that we would learn more about presenting ourselves etc, I want to improve my portfolio but I also want to learn more about presenting myself as a media designer.

Today I also took a lot of photos while cycling around, I have a photo assignment and I'm taking a lot of photos so I have plenty of pictures to choose from when I'm making the montage.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
It's a weird feeling, but this is the first summer since I was a little kid in which I've got no academic examinations to study for at all. I know that in the end, GCSEs and A-levels meant very little in grand scheme of things anyway, but I think I've been conditioned to associate the British warm weather with the anxiety and pressure of having to do well in exams, and now that I haven't got any to study for, it's' really a hollow kind of feeling... kind of puts into perspective how easy school seemed, looking back, compared to life as it is now.

Well, I graduated high school a week ago yesterday. I got to do the opening speech at my graduation, despite not being valedictorian or salutatorian of my class. I was very thankful that my class voted me to speak, and I so enjoyed representing us. I'm attending university starting this fall, and I can't wait to start. I went to visit for the third time yesterday, and we signed up for classes. For my fall semester of freshman year, I'll be taking: Honors Biology, Honors Critical Thinking, Honors Intro to Education, Modern World History, and Theatre & Film.

I'm rooming with my best friend from high school, and I love the school I have chosen. I'm just excited that I have this summer to breathe before transitioning.

Until next time~

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Well we gotta new aid, finally, but he's former military so his style kinda conflicts with our current easy goin teach. She allows for headphones and whatnot so long as ur done with work, but this guy's a little more strict and tells us to take em off! But, he's not too set in his ways, he's very confused as to her easygoingness in what she's teachin, so I hope we can convince em to settle down a bit and keep the relaxing air.

Though, maybe its a good thing he's tensing up the atmosphere like that? Whatever the case, we'lll be ok. c:

Whims_of_a_Romantic

Struggling student
More assessments...whyyyyy ;~;
I had my Maths class - didn't pay any attention to my teacher since I end up self-teaching myself in the end (don't understand her methods), she told me to stop what I was doing. I just blearily blinked at her, and went back to my algebra work (':
Yeah...don't think she likes me too much now

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
More assessments...whyyyyy ;~;
I had my Maths class - didn't pay any attention to my teacher since I end up self-teaching myself in the end (don't understand her methods), she told me to stop what I was doing. I just blearily blinked at her, and went back to my algebra work (':
Yeah...don't think she likes me too much now

I know the feeling. But in college it's easier to get away with it.

Anyway, I've decided to take summer class for Vector Calculus. I really fell behind on my studies, so now I have to really step it up if I wanna finish on time. To bad I can't pay for more than one class. I need to keep my budget in check.

Today was the first time ever at college that I had a free period.
There were a few moments that the teachers were sick or a substitute teacher took over but this time there was an actual free period without teachers, fun.

Modeling class was fun though (Modeling as in making models in Cinema 4D, not becoming a model. Unfortunately)

Psychic

Really and truly
My intensive summer film production course is over! We wrote, filmed and edited a short movie in just six weeks, and it was crazy. Now I just have an essay to work on and I'm done my grad program! Whoo!

~Psychic