• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Recon

My intensive summer film production course is over! We wrote, filmed and edited a short movie in just six weeks, and it was crazy. Now I just have an essay to work on and I'm done my grad program! Whoo!

~Psychic

Sounds like a practicum I had to do. Film and edit a 5 minute movie which includes 3D models and objects that we had to make and animate ourselves. We had around 7 weeks.

Psychic

Really and truly
Sounds like a practicum I had to do. Film and edit a 5 minute movie which includes 3D models and objects that we had to make and animate ourselves. We had around 7 weeks.
Holy cow, that sounds intense. At least we didn't have to do any modeling, and using special effects was completely optional. Did it have to have a narrative and soundtrack, too?

~Psychic

TheEliteEmpoleon

Wow junior year went fast! My last test was yesterday, but it still feels weird that summer has started for me. I'm really gonna try to relax this summer, because next year is going to be crazy.

Recon

Holy cow, that sounds intense. At least we didn't have to do any modeling, and using special effects was completely optional. Did it have to have a narrative and soundtrack, too?

~Psychic

No soundtrack, but we had to base it off of a story from the Brothers Grimm. Finding one that could be made into a 5 minute movie was the toughest part.

This year is almost over, I have 4 days left and next week to catch up on missed tests and assignments if any.
And also to look for another internship in case I get rejected.

I have 11 assignments that I still need to finish that are due this week.
I'm glad that the year is almost over, I'll delete programs like Dreamweaver, Illustrator and InDesign and hopefully don't have to use them again, graphic design is fun but I don't like designing logos, posters etc.

lol I went to college in tradional fishermen outfit from Hamburg and no one questioned about it.

Well, I finished my English statement and I had no idea what I was doing the entire time.
And somehow the teacher said "Well done!" and let me go. The other classmates got feedback or had to correct a few things.
Maybe she just thought it was good enough because I was one of the last people in the classroom, lol

Interactive design class did also go well, and since I'm finished I can finally remove Adobe Dreamweaver :U
It's a cool program for app development and websites, but I don't need it anymore.

We did the final test for arithmetics class and I failed it, sigh.
I probably get information about extra help etc since I have an internship and won't have any classes until February.

All I have left to do is finish 5 videos and a listening exam.
And the best thing is that Premiere pro still stops working, I'm gonna reinstall it.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
In February 2011 I did the beep test for the first time in my High school life as a rather overweight tween(I had done it a few times in primary school) and achieved a measly 4.2. Today I did it for the last time in my High School life and achieved a PB of 10.5 and that just makes me feel so much better about how far I've come. Besides that I've just been finding school so boring, been doing some integration in maths and I'm just so sick of it because every problem is just a variation on one of a few other problems with not much variety, got a SAC on it coming up (Australian system basically a test that goes with my final exam for the subject that will help me get into Uni) which I'm not too worried for.

I just realized that this thread is inactive because everyone probably has Summer vacation by now.

Anyways, I got accepted at a media company as intern and passed my grades for this year.
I'm done with my first year of college since a few weeks ago and I can't wait to start with my internship and also the second year of college!
Hopefully I find a solution to get better at arithmetics during my internship because I didn't get a single good grade for that class, that's currently the only thing that I'm worried about that might keep my from getting my degree.
Okay not the only thing, I still need to practice is writing statements and I also got 2 new subjects next year called marketing and citizenship class; I don't know if that will become one of my best subjects or my worst but I don't need to worry about that until February, phew!

James2344

Keyblade wielder
So I've got this maths task due on monday and after working on it for 6 hours yesterday I finished it off this morning. It is 16 pages long and my calculator currently has 19 variables/functions defined. Needless to say it was hell. It feels so good to have gotten that out of the way but I'm kinda dissapointed that I don't have long to relax cause I've got other work to do.

00swms

Chaos Theory
Heading into my 2nd year of university, after recently finishing my Texas Government course currently I'm predicting that'll have an "A" when ever the grades are finalized. In the even if it isn't I know I'll have a "B" as my lowest grade. Anyways college hasn't been to stressful do far and for the fall the course I'm taking are below. Recently I've looking to different kinds of internships and voulnteer work with more of tecnology focus towards it.

Fall of 2015 Courses

History of Art: Renaissance to Present

Human Anatomy and Physiology I + Lab

Introduction to Economics

Plane Trigonometry

Federal Government

Intended Degree: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a Minor of Accounting and Finance

Last edited:

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Starting fall classes in a few weeks. Gonna be starting at a new school this year now that I've finally transferred. Pretty excited, & I'm hoping to get pretty involved. Below are the courses I'm taking.

• British Literature
• American Literature
• Digital Writing
• Research Design

The first three are courses that'll go towards my major, English with an emphasis in journalism, and the last is a course that'll go towards my minor, international studies. I might be double majoring and tacking graphic design onto the minors as well. My international studies minor should be done next spring since I'll only need two more courses for it, and apparently I'm allowed to use a club as one of my options, so I was hoping to get involved with the Model UN at my school since that seemed like the most interesting of my options.

ebevan91

Senior year of college starts in 2 weeks. I should've been done 2 years ago but I changed majors after 3 years. First year I didn't have a major, then went 2 years and changed.

I'm taking

Business Statistics II
Advanced MIS (mostly SQL stuff)
Web Application Programming
Europe in the Age of Revolution (Elective)
Human Resources Management (Elective for business majors)

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
Starting my first year of college in about 2 weeks! I'm taking:

Religion and Magic in Ancient Greece (Gen. Ed.)
Website Design (Major)
Science Fiction and the Human Condition (Gen. Ed.)
Introductory Calculus (Major and Gen. Ed.)
Approaches to Religion (Gen. Ed.)

I'm pretty excited, and if I get the classes I want next semester and then take a history class online during the summer, I'll be entering my second year of college with only 2 more General Educations to finish up! :)

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Move in Date is next week for my first year of college, and I'm pretty nervous/excited

Any advice for new freshman? I'm doing work study, and studying in Pre-engineering the. Transferring after 2 years.
My roommate is one of my friends from high school, we've been friends since 3rd grade, and we've always got along, so hopefully things will go good.

ArtsyTrainer

Move in Date is next week for my first year of college, and I'm pretty nervous/excited

Any advice for new freshman? I'm doing work study, and studying in Pre-engineering the. Transferring after 2 years.
My roommate is one of my friends from high school, we've been friends since 3rd grade, and we've always got along, so hopefully things will go good.

I was a freshman this time last year. I was living away from home for the first time. If things don't work out the way you expect, give it time. I didn't have a very good first few weeks of college and I was really worried about how everything would turn out. Now, I love college and I can't wait to go back.

I start my sophomore year in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to my new classes.

Any advice for new freshman? I'm doing work study, and studying in Pre-engineering

1. Study often. Engineering is a tough major.
2. Eat right. The freshman 15 is not a myth and can catch up to you if you aren't mindful of what you eat.
3. All nighters are bad.
4. Don't eat the brownies at a fraternity bid day if you rush. For obvious reasons I was too drunk to realize at the time.
5. Make sure all the classes you take in your current school will transfer to your new school. Take another xfer student's advice on this one.
6. Don't be nervous. College isn't that difficult/scary.

So, over the weekend one of the students at our school died in hospital
Also we got introduced to our new principal (Who looks like Lex Luthor) while our current principal leaves for 5 weeks to learn about what goes on at other schools to try and make ours "better" which will inevitably backfire.

ebevan91

Less than a week until the semester starts. One of my classes "requires" three textbooks. LOLOLOLOL if the professor expects everyone to buy all 3 of those, let alone even just 1.