• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

natie

Mr. F
I don't think it sucks, I happen to quite like it. Besides some of my University work is based on it, which is why there would be no point in me changing it.
At least give different distros a try in a VirtualBox, you'll think differently of Ubuntu in no time.

I thought Ubuntu was the shit when I started using it, then moved on to the likes of Fedora and ArchLinux and eventually ended up with Scientific Linux. Fantastic no-nonsense distro.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
At least give different distros a try in a VirtualBox, you'll think differently of Ubuntu in no time.

I thought Ubuntu was the shit when I started using it, then moved on to the likes of Fedora and ArchLinux and eventually ended up with Scientific Linux. Fantastic no-nonsense distro.

Yeah I'll be sure to try that out then. I'm still mainly a Windows person, but it could help to have knowledge on more Operating Systems. :)

TonksLivesOn

Tonks is da best. <3
Roar. No school this week, but I only JUST found out that I have a test tues, and today is fri. plus, this weekend is new years. im so dead.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Roar. No school this week, but I only JUST found out that I have a test tues, and today is fri. plus, this weekend is new years. im so dead.

How did you find out during the holidays? Or how did you not find out before?

John Madden

resident policy guy
This week in ACADEMIX: I spend all weekend either drunk or stressing out over this interview for an internship in Canadian Parliament and then promptly wake up 6:30 AM every weekday for classes and introduce even more stress.

This is ironically going to be my least social term here since fall '09.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I can relate to the stress. So much work to do and so little time. I can't wait for the first semester to end, but then the new one starts straight away. I was sort of hoping you got a short break between semesters. ): Oh how wrong I was...

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
How did you find out during the holidays? Or how did you not find out before?

Our school has this thing called "Student Portal". You can log on and see the band schedule, teacher pages, etc. and I'm going to assume that's what she used.
Dear me, I haven't practiced my clarinet all week, and I have new band pieces. Gotta practice tomorrow. Gosh, I need to stop procrastinating -.-'

*IZ*

One of my teachers is a badass. I had an 89% because I didn't turn in my binder because I lost it and it was worth 50 points. A few days ago I checked my grades online hoping to see if the teachers put the finals in, well I noticed that I had a 93% in that class. So I look through the work and noticed that the teacher just gave my those 50 points. Boy do I love that teacher now. haha

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I have a bunch load of Summaries due but since we are getting a new teacher I'm not going to do it.

I'll just say I handed it to the past teacher or something.

I still have a week of break, and I don't want to go back to school ever for someone reason (to use to staying at home).

John Madden

resident policy guy
I can relate to the stress. So much work to do and so little time. I can't wait for the first semester to end, but then the new one starts straight away. I was sort of hoping you got a short break between semesters. ): Oh how wrong I was...

It's even worse for me because I actually did have a 3 1/2-week break between terms and I wanted to come back here by the end of the first week.

Geekachu

In all honesty, I can't be bothered to revise too much, so I'll just pass it off as living on the edge.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
My Christmas break finishes tomorrow, too. Aside from the fact that I've still got some things to do, I also have a Maths exam on Friday the thirteenth.

In all honesty, I can't be bothered to revise too much, so I'll just pass it off as living on the edge.

...This basically describes what I was going to say.

Which Maths Exam are you doing? I've got Further Pure Two on that date but I don't know if that's the only exam that day.

Geekachu

Spookz

Lumos
The new quarter starts on Tuesday for us. I don't actually have class until Wednesday, but I have meetings to go to on Tuesday and I need to pick up my transportation pass sometime soon.

I guess you could say I'm excited for school to resume. There are a lot of shows I'm working on now, which will keep me busy.

Not sure how I feel about one of the classes yet. Our usual Sound Design teacher won't be with us this quarter so we'll get an adjunct professor.. no one really likes him and we didn't get along last time I had class with him. Maybe things will be better this quarter.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
My exam's just the Core 1 Calculus paper, which (without sounding too arrogant) isn't anything too hard. I don't know about Further- I didn't take it. Kinda wish I did, though.

It depends. Further Pure 1 is loads of wierd, tricky and horribly long winded things that serve very little purpose, Further Pure 2 is basically the same as Core stuff.

It's good that you don't find core 1 too hard though, since the rest of the core exams are basically the same topics. Oh god, the endless differentiation...

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
I just finished first day of school back from break. It was extremely boring, and a girl in Spanish called the whole class liars. This girl no like being called a liar when she isn't. Then she nailed the computer with a stuffed animal (don't ask) and it wouldn't turn on. Hopefully she gets suspended~ she almost hit a boy in the head with it, and the computer was on a cart with about 20 pounds of other stuff on it, and it shot forward about a foot. Poor kid would've been at the nurse, at the least. :/