• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Wasn't feeling too great so just walked out halfway through our first lecture.... again. I really need to stop doing this. :) To be fair, he was going on about pointless things and I just came back home to get on with assignments! More productive!

John Madden

resident policy guy
I'm supposed to start working on a lab in my cartography course this week that's going to help me immensely with my final project.

...And it's due on the exact day my design plan for said project is due.

Aside from that (and a reading of a map of poverty in the US in 2005) I don't really have anything aside from simulation turn reports to do for two full weeks. It's like undergrad's almost too easy.

Zibdas

not bad
I just spent three hours this morning trying to finish a Science project...
Only to discover I was doing the wrong thing entirely.

D. Scott

I just spent three hours this morning trying to finish a Science project...
Only to discover I was doing the wrong thing entirely.

Owwww. That's got to...

...owww.

Anyways, guess how long Ian has been up, folks? If you've guessed "about six hours now", then you're correct! I've been up since 1:45 AM. ****ing sleeping issues.

School is going to be long, today.

Unorthodox

The PO ubers fanboy
when I get acute insomnia, I take melatonin... but then I sleep through the alarm. decisions, decisions...

D. Scott

when I get acute insomnia, I take melatonin... but then I sleep through the alarm. decisions, decisions...

How much do you take? Try cutting down on it if possible, see if that still helps you sleep but not deep enough to sleep through the alarm. *shrug* I dunno.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Came home early to do some presentation notes. Finished those hand-written presentation notes about thirty minutes ago. All the presentation notes have been stained by Coffee. The lesson being that if you're a Computing student, do everything on a Computer!!! (And keep Coffee away from said Computer cause that situation could be a whole lot worse.)

I have a larp for History on the French Revolution. Here's the script so far.
Giovanni: Ah, my son! I have some rather exciting news for you!
Napoleon: What is it dad?
Giovanni: Well, your mother and I have decided…you’re going to military school!
Napoleon: Say whaaaaaaaat. Why me out of all your offspring? Why not Joseph?
Giovanni: We feel you’re a bit more…how should I say this, uh…smarter than them
Napoleon: Thanks for the compliment, I think.
END SCENE
Location: The French Military School, Napoleon is spending his first day in class.
Napoleon (to himself): Why are these people twice my age and size? Either I’m extremely smart or they’re complete nincompoops. Anyway, I feel flattered.
Jerkface #1: Hah, who’s the new squirt?
Teacher: His name is Napoleon Bonaparte, and he’s only nine. Can you believe that?
Jerkface #2: He doesn’t even look like he’s from France. I bet he’s like, Spanish or something.
Jerkface #1: He seems Italian to me.
Napoleon: Yeah, you’re right. Born on the island of Corsica, on the island is where I spent most of my days. If I may ask, what are you?
Jerkface #1: We’re French you doofus, all of us are. Our parents make enough gold and silver to send us here.
Jerkface #2: I should ask you the same question. You aren’t French, or look like you have any gold or silver.
Napoleon: I think they would have the money, I mean, look at where I’m at. I guess my dad just wanted the Bonaparte’s to have a name, and I was their best candidate.
Jerkface #1: Well, it seems we have someone a, not French, b, barely noble, and c, an easy target.
SLAP FIGHT COMMENCES
END SCENE
Teacher: Wow, you’re only 16, and you’re done with military school. You seem to have had excelled in artillery and math, while graduating at the top of the class. Congratulations!
Napoleon: I order you to pick up the guns.
S1: I’m not taking orders from this 16 year old, when I’ve been here for 10 years. Go play with your ball-in-a-cup.
S2: I won’t take orders from small fry over here either.
Napoleon: Guyyyyysssss…
Soldiers walk away and Napoleon is greeted by the General.
General: I order you to take control of this army while I uh, go for reinforcements…yeah.
S1: Man, were going to lose another battle, like AP’s football team.
S2: I don’t know why he’s putting him in charge but guess it’s worth a shot.
Napoleon: Everyone is counting on me to lose. But have a good some strategies that I’m going to use. I order my army to attack Toulon at night, head east.
Soldiers Run.
END SCENE
Napoleon: I hereby order a new slogan of a new regime, better security and efficiency, equally and frequently to restore economic profits, new industries and building new canals. But I’m not going to get involved with the Revolutions of France, I also want to make peace with the CC and recognize religion and also make jobs open to any type of town this new slogan is the Napoleonic code. At this time, I will now empress my love, Josephine.
Josephine: Yes, finally! I have loved you for so long, and we are now Emperor and Empress of France!

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
jeez... post-primary school (1-9th grade) seems sooo difficult when i read these last pages...

any1 got a tip for me? im in 8th now. Is it really really really important with high grades in 9th grade? judging from what people tell me its like, if you dont get B or higher in every subject you could just go die cause there is no future for you.

*IZ*

jeez... post-primary school (1-9th grade) seems sooo difficult when i read these last pages...

any1 got a tip for me? im in 8th now. Is it really really really important with high grades in 9th grade? judging from what people tell me its like, if you dont get B or higher in every subject you could just go die cause there is no future for you.
Oh well High school (9th-12th) isn't that bad. Its a little bit more challenging and you get a little more homework. The only advice I can tell you is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. That affects your grades like crazy.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Oh well High school (9th-12th) isn't that bad. Its a little bit more challenging and you get a little more homework. The only advice I can tell you is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. That affects your grades like crazy.

From my experiences I actually got LESS homework. But yes, do your homework or you'll end up like my friend, a Super Senior.

*IZ*

From my experiences I actually got LESS homework. But yes, do your homework or you'll end up like my friend, a Super Senior.

Well yea it sometimes depends on your teachers and such. But I got a cousin whos a super super senior. I'm not even joking with that.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
i. had. an. ela. algebra. spanish. AND. science test today. all i want to do now is go lalalalalalalala. i go to school already from 8am to 5pm so thats torture enough without four tests (2 unit exams, algebra breezed through it and ela hurt my wrist writing so much, 1 spanish quiz i barely remebered the name for winter, invierno, and a bio pretest that made me think hard about what i could remember and what i couldnt remeber from last year cause it was two of the exact tests we had last year)

Kacho

You are next.
I got a 76 on my bio midterm 1 >_<
I blame it on the weekend before the midterm spent playing my pokemon scramble challenge... *sigh

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
I feel numb on the inside. Midterm after midterm and a chapter test. I also have an internet project and a lot of homework to do.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Today might've been my longest day of homework yet... A fifteen page grammar packet with nearly a hundred questions, a five page Geometry Trigonometry review, and about five small World History questions (the irony because that usually takes a lot of time). It wasn't hard, it just took forever.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Today we really did nothing in class which was good. Our whole class just had to write an essay for 80 minutes, but other than that we did nothing. Watched some movies, played some games. I wish everyday was like this.