• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Went to Uni today to find that we have to do yet another presentation. This time it's on a topic that can be covered in seconds, but we need to make something that lasts 15 minutes. And it's a group work presentation, which I also happen to hate a lot. I'm with two guys who didn't even bother turning up today. Advice to any new students, if you're visiting a large library, don't wear heels. You're only hurting yourself.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Went to Uni today to find that we have to do yet another presentation. This time it's on a topic that can be covered in seconds, but we need to make something that lasts 15 minutes. And it's a group work presentation, which I also happen to hate a lot. I'm with two guys who didn't even bother turning up today. Advice to any new students, if you're visiting a large library, don't wear heels. You're only hurting yourself.

Well, good luck with it. Lets hope you can get the full credit if they don't show up any other days. How is university, other then the large amounts of presentations you seem to have?

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Well, good luck with it. Lets hope you can get the full credit if they don't show up any other days. How is university, other then the large amounts of presentations you seem to have?

It's alright. A tad on the boring side at the moment, but still okay. I was told that if the other guys never make an appearance, I'll have to do the whole thing myself! And they'll be failed for this element. Even if they are failed, it's only worth 20% of the module mark, so it won't make much of a difference to them if they've been doing their other work. I hate group work, we never get to pick our groups. ):

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
ARGH I hate my lunchladies. Or love them. Not sure. Story that is the true:
Our Russian lunchladies were lighting a match. Gosh knows why. So, after they blow it out, they throw a live match into a wastebasket full of paper wrappers.
The expected result occurs.
So now we have a garbage can spewing flames into the air. What do we do? We don't use the fire extinguisher, or use the fire alarm. We use the hose attached to the sink. This, obviously, fails.
So as a last resort the run down the hallway screaming "FIRE! FIRE! ZER IZ E FYAH IN ZE KITCHEN!" So the principal runs in, puts out the fire with the extinguisher, and dismisses school for the rest of the day. But it was almost over anyway :/

Gelatino95

Not a tool
ARGH I hate my lunchladies. Or love them. Not sure. Story that is the true:
Our Russian lunchladies were lighting a match. Gosh knows why. So, after they blow it out, they throw a live match into a wastebasket full of paper wrappers.
The expected result occurs.
So now we have a garbage can spewing flames into the air. What do we do? We don't use the fire extinguisher, or use the fire alarm. We use the hose attached to the sink. This, obviously, fails.
So as a last resort the run down the hallway screaming "FIRE! FIRE! ZER IZ E FYAH IN ZE KITCHEN!" So the principal runs in, puts out the fire with the extinguisher, and dismisses school for the rest of the day. But it was almost over anyway :/

Are you sure this wasn't just a convoluted daydream caused by your acute ADD

Hilijix

Back in Blue
28/27 on my Geometry Quiz! That barely brought up my grade from crazy high B+ back to the barely A- level. Those test corrections I did on Monday should've helped a bit, too.

In World History we had a debate about if the French Revolution was worth it or not. It was randomly chosen, and I was on the Yes side, but No barely won. I had the Phoenix Wright song in my head the whole time.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
@Notalwaysblackandwhite, that was the best story I've heard all day.

I'm taking two classes this semester (in grad school, you take a max of 9 hours so you can do your research), and I had my first mid-term today in Aquatic Botany, which I'm pretty sure I rocked :D The only bad thing about this class is that I'm one of two grad students in it and every single undergrad in that class either is my student now or was my student at some point. It's really awkward. o_O

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Alright so here's a poem I wrote for English

Six flowers, tall and majestic,
Stand firm in the soil, unmoving
Ultimately fighting against nature
To be noticed, to prove their worth

If you couldn't already tell it's talking about Pokemon. The assignment is to talk about one thing but really be talking about something else, if that makes sense.
So, if anybody asks is there something I could say this is about besides Pokemon?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

If you couldn't already tell it's talking about Pokemon. The assignment is to talk about one thing but really be talking about something else, if that makes sense.
So, if anybody asks is there something I could say this is about besides Pokemon?

I love it! I could tell it was about Pokemon, but are you talking about six species in particular? (Bellossom, Sunflora, Vileplume, Maractus... what else?)

You could say that it was about ancient architecture, such as the three Pyramids at Giza, the Sphinx, the Roman Colosseum, and Macchu Picchu...or any other combination of your favorite ancient historical buildings. They're fighting against nature to survive for thousands of years, and they want people to notice them, study their history, and prove that it is "worthy" of rememberance.

Kacho

You are next.

On a feminist perspective, it could be talking about six prominent women in history (not top of my head right now),
women because women are traditionally viewed as fragile, like flowers
who must stand firm in their believes and actions, (well, they're actually moving if they have to act)
to fight against the nature of society standards,
to prove their worth and ability, which likely makes them prominent.

now, which pokemon are you talking about?
Is it pokemon with the move Ingrain? Pokemon with the ability Leaf Guard? Chlorophyll?
There's only 5 generations, so only 5 grass type starters.

There's only 3 pokemon with the species of "Flower Pokemon"...
6 grass type pokemon in Gen III who can use the move "Nature Power" BUT HAVE NO FLOWERS ON THEM.
WHAT Pokemons IS IT? XD

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Hurray! easy day is ahead of me. All i have to do today is some Notes, and a Lab.

Charazemma

You're only starting your dissertation now? Oh er.

Oh no. I didnt really word that properly! Ive done the bulk of it, but im writing my abstract and intro. I find Introductions HORIFFIC.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
My poem was just talking about Pokemon in general, nothing literal about it.
My English teacher said that my poem was cliche >:/ we did have to say what the poem was really about, so she probably said that because she doesn't know what Pokemon is or how it relates. Or because it was about flowers.

Kacho

You are next.
My poem was just talking about Pokemon in general, nothing literal about it.
My English teacher said that my poem was cliche >:/ we did have to say what the poem was really about, so she probably said that because she doesn't know what Pokemon is or how it relates. Or because it was about flowers.

yeah, using pop culture can be uninviting to some people...
ambiguous and vague to people who aren't catch up :p

(in grad school, you take a max of 9 hours so you can do your research)

are you going for Masters or phD? in what major?

Flame Mistress

I need to write up notes for my Orals, and fast D= Though the deadline is like on the 16th of March.

It's part of a freaking reading project... Sure, it's alright, I guess, but it's also pretty annoying since pur teacher expects them to be perfect with all the right grammar, spelling, etc. And we have to do Orals, which I suck at.

Fingers crossed that my Geography Essay was good, though that's hardly relevant...

My history teacher is amazing at teaching.
She has a routine.
SQ4R (Write a preview on the chapter)
Vocabulary Wheel
Long-*** Powerpoint (BEST. PART. Everyone in the class likes this, she gives us a really detailed description, and if possible, acts it out.)

Is there anything cool that your teacher does?

Flame Mistress

Instead of listing all the things that my teachers have done, I'll just list them in order from coolest to lamest:

1. Form Tutor
2. History Teacher
3. RS Teacher
4. French Teacher
5. DT Teacher
6. Drama Teacher
7. Science Teacher
8. PE Teacher
9. Music Teacher
10. All the others

So yeah.

Kacho

You are next.
^What's a form tutor?

My history teacher is amazing at teaching.
She has a routine.
SQ4R (Write a preview on the chapter)
Vocabulary Wheel
Long-*** Powerpoint (BEST. PART. Everyone in the class likes this, she gives us a really detailed description, and if possible, acts it out.)

Is there anything cool that your teacher does?

SHE ACTS OUT?
WHY? LOL. Did she took theater in HS/MS/college or something?

all teachers I have just go into lecture mode, it's good already if they don't read off power point verbatim :p

Jameson1

Mes amis
I had the Plaid Avenger as my Geography Professor last year.... He was amazing. It was pretty interesting to be instructed by a self-styled comic book superhero.

^What's a form tutor?
SHE ACTS OUT?
WHY? LOL. Did she took theater in HS/MS/college or something?

all teachers I have just go into lecture mode, it's good already if they don't read off power point verbatim :p

She play WoW, and has a Tumblr. She has us Larp. I'm not kidding. She's like, 40. lmao.