• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Our mad lecturer also made us late people make him a program of apology. Needless to say none of us took this seriously so we pretty much made him joke programs. He'll either finally see the funny side to something in life or get even madder next time we see him. Either way the outcome will be fun. :)

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
In our high school, we've got a small random 2nd period called Cohort, and the classmates are all last name based. Mine is near the end of the alphabet, and is last alphabetically for freshmen.

In cohort, we're doing a join-up with another cohort, which is ironically at the start of the alphabet, and will represent the state Alaska. We're apparently competing against other teamed up cohorts in a chant or something. Me and a friend joked that since there's a Super Cohort, there might be larger competitions involving Ultra Cohorts, Mega Cohorts, and Giga Cohorts...

Anyone have any cool facts about Alaska?

I guarantee you'll get an A in that class if you dress up like Sarah Palin.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Here's a poem I wrote for English:

There once was a young fellow
Chayton was his name
He wasn’t known for being mellow
And he oftenl demanded fame.

One day he awoke
He gave a large yawn
He put on his cloak
And admired the dawn.

Strolling downstairs
Thinking of food,
He patted his hair
In the most delightful mood.

Mint candy on the floor;
He ate that right up,
The coke near the door
He drank from a cup.

He said “How yummy,”
And lay back with a sigh,
But something hurt in his tummy.
“Oh no, I’m going to die!”

He rushed to the ER
In panic, in fright,
He pushed open the door
With all of his might

And said “Please come,
There’s no time to spare
My fingers are numb.
Is anyone there?”

Then fine Dr. RJ,
So young, so charming,
Said “Oh my goodness, hey!
What is so alarming?

“It’s just a small tummy ache,
No reason to fret,
Now go eat some cake
Before you forget.”

I'm really stuck on this last stanza. Any help with the last stanza? Suggestions in general?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
And tomorrow is Sport's Relief, so I get to enjoy many brilliant things, like mandatory donations, forced excercise, forced participation in sporting challenges designed for 12 year olds and complete chaos because my school can't organise anything right.

I'd be perfectly happy donating a fiver or something to a good cause, but I don't know why the hell I have to bother with sponsorship forms, sporting challenges, all that crap in order to give people money.

I really wish I had the rebellious streak in me to skive off for the morning.

Flame Mistress

Well, the Year 8 Form Tutors are... interesting.

There's apparently this one guy who keeps on staring at this one female teacher whenever she takes her jumper/jacket off. Pedobear, anyone?

I will go crazy if my Language Arts teacher doesn't add in my extra credit grade that will get my B up to an A before this Friday.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I guarantee you'll get an A in that class if you dress up like Sarah Palin.

Lol. Funny thing is, when asked about the last year the cohort did Alaska, that's what they did.

In English, out of nowhere we were given 30 minutes to write an essay about the strict dress code (no shorts that reach longer than the length of your arms, no thin straps, no holes in jeans, stuff only girls would mostly worry about) ... Turned out to be a just kidding moment that would later teach us how to organize thoughts for writing.

88% on a Geometry test, and another test will take place in Mid-Term week in place of a mid-term (since it's yearlong and I don't think a 3/4 term exists.) Better go for more test corrections!

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
My school year just ended today. I got home, slept for awhile, ate some snacks, watched some anime, and browsed the internet for anything new. After 6 hours, I'm already getting bored and missing school.

My school year just ended today. I got home, slept for awhile, ate some snacks, watched some anime, and browsed the internet for anything new. After 6 hours, I'm already getting bored and missing school.
Get some new hobbies. Maybe sports or something that can pass your time. Soon, you'll realise that the hols are over really fast if you waste it all; You have that sense of satisfaction, the 'I made use of the break' feeling~

pirate555

Word.
After a whole spring term spent trying to pluck up the courage to tell someone what I actually think of them, I'm packed and ready to go home not having done anything about it at all.

On a more productive note, my contract is signed and I have a full-time job lined up now for next year. Hurrah!

On the whole not a bad few weeks, save for the lost sleep over the former point. *yawn*

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I've got the day off because it's the last day of the grading period, so that's nice. But Spring Break isn't until the 2nd, because of a schedule muck up, (the quarter should have ended next Friday) so we have to go for a week of the 4th quarter before we get some more time off.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I've still got one more week of finals left, then I get the week off... I've heard high schools don't want spring breaks to be exactly like each other, but we wait the most... At least it's Friday, but I've got a ton of stuff to do.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
i have another week of school too hilijix,
and then only one week of spring break :( my sis gets two weeks and she goes to school less time than me.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Get some new hobbies. Maybe sports or something that can pass your time. Soon, you'll realise that the hols are over really fast if you waste it all; You have that sense of satisfaction, the 'I made use of the break' feeling~

You're right, after my graduation at high school with in 7 days, I'll be having a vacation wherever my family could give us.

And Importantly, I have to give myself some study time for my new college course on video game designing and development.

If anyone of you reads my post, is anyone of you studying in college know what it is like to study on video game designing and development?

Kacho

You are next.
You're right, after my graduation at high school with in 7 days, I'll be having a vacation wherever my family could give us.

And Importantly, I have to give myself some study time for my new college course on video game designing and development.

If anyone of you reads my post, is anyone of you studying in college know what it is like to study on video game designing and development?

I am not majoring in those, but given that it is computer science major, could be frustrating and long hours of programming or something /speciulation

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Yesterday, me and a group of guys I usually sit with got told off by the senior CompSci lecturer, essentially for doing our work... Apparently it is unacceptable to go to sessions and simply get on with your work. We're showing a lack of motivation by not getting excited with our topics and having debates about them while working. I thought the rule was to not talk while working?!! I don't really see how one can be excited by CompSci anyway.