• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

KickAsh

halted development
Does it include the topic of people with Asperger syndrome?
Know any famous people with this unusual anomaly that benefits many others?
Sherlock Holmes?

How is this "Choral Arts" different from Choir?
At my school we have Chamber Choir, which is more like Choir. Choral Arts is like an introduction to choir.

I don't have one, but I get out in less than a month.
Nice! Once I go back after SPRINGGGG BREAAAKKKK, I'll only have 26 days left.
Then it will be SUMMMMERRRR BREAAAKKKKK

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
I realize, I have to open a new tab and check Serebii forum a lot for replies.
it's kind of addicting and distracting from studying.

it's like checking facebook, but this is a forum ._.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I took the world's easiest algebra test today. I kind of suck at it, so I was happy. My teacher handed out a review packet on Monday to use, and usually, it'll be test form C, and she'll pass out forms A and B. Well, I ended up with form A. Which was the review packet, question-for-question. Every single one. So even when I was stuck, I was able to get by since the review had an answer key that I'd looked over the previous period, and I just racked my brains for the answer. Not to mention the entire test was multiple choice.

Kacho

You are next.
I took the world's easiest algebra test today. I kind of suck at it, so I was happy. My teacher handed out a review packet on Monday to use, and usually, it'll be test form C, and she'll pass out forms A and B. Well, I ended up with form A. Which was the review packet, question-for-question. Every single one. So even when I was stuck, I was able to get by since the review had an answer key that I'd looked over the previous period, and I just racked my brains for the answer. Not to mention the entire test was multiple choice.

they didn't even to bother to change numbers?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Keq and Ksp? that has to be the easier part of chemistry, haha.

And yet people still somehow fail their tests. Apparently I got the highest grade in the class which was only a 93% and everybody else was getting D's.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I'm planning to do most of my work before I leave for home on Friday. You'd think lecturers would give you work that makes you use many different skills, but they've given us ten similar programs to make. They're easy but it's extremely long to write up code... so much boredom!

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I completely destroyed the English Mid-Term today. And by destroyed, I mean did awesome at it. They didn't even use all the words we studied. I did like the sentences the vocab words were in: One talked about how Darth Vader was awesome, and another was about Brittany Spears outraging on a cameraman. I'm pretty sure I did great on the Geometry test (wasn't a mid-term) as well- I need to get that grade back up again!

World History's mid-term is tomorrow, but there's a substitute... I didn't know substitutes can give out mid-terms. I'm betting it'll be the same one who handed out the History test a few weeks back.

Kacho

You are next.
I completely destroyed the English Mid-Term today. And by destroyed, I mean did awesome at it. They didn't even use all the words we studied. I did like the sentences the vocab words were in: One talked about how Darth Vader was awesome, and another was about Brittany Spears outraging on a cameraman. I'm pretty sure I did great on the Geometry test (wasn't a mid-term) as well- I need to get that grade back up again!

World History's mid-term is tomorrow, but there's a substitute... I didn't know substitutes can give out mid-terms. I'm betting it'll be the same one who handed out the History test a few weeks back.

are you in high school or college?
when I was in HS, some teachers just go absent or go to meetings and have a sub to monitor quizzes or tests.
That has to be the easiest job ever, just watch kids do their ****. don't even teach them.

also include playing videos or something.

My school is nice, we went on a feild trip to... A musical preformance today.
No HW... Well almost no Hw, I had 1 page I chose to do.
There is this kid, Daylin, she is not that good of a person, and she succoms up to me-I don't even like her much.. Too bad for me.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
are you in high school or college?
when I was in HS, some teachers just go absent or go to meetings and have a sub to monitor quizzes or tests.
That has to be the easiest job ever, just watch kids do their ****. don't even teach them.

also include playing videos or something.
I considered subbing (it's like 10 dollars an hour which is good) but the behavior of the kids is NOT easy to deal with, especially middle schoolers.

Kacho

You are next.
Somebody should count how many times the phrase 'shoot me now' has been used in this thread

don't we have a search function for that? or does the search has a limit on how many times it posted?

I considered subbing (it's like 10 dollars an hour which is good) but the behavior of the kids is NOT easy to deal with, especially middle schoolers.

depends. if you're subbing for elective, could be terrible.
if it is core classes and the teacher teach some honors/advanced, that one period might be better.... may be
some people go wild in substitute mode

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City

what u dont like being screamed at by a student? or punched? man i agree though, and im in the class. people go absolutely crazy with a sub.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
A friend of mine had a nightmare experience student teaching with high schoolers. She was 22, so not that much older than them, and they had absolutely no respect for her because of that. It scares me off of teens.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
what u dont like being screamed at by a student? or punched? man i agree though, and im in the class. people go absolutely crazy with a sub.

That may not always be the case! Cover teachers at our School eventually realised that no one will listen to them, so they'd dish out the work and then just sit there for the whole lesson. Any money for just sitting around is worth it! And if you have access to a computer/laptop, even better!! The only consequences were for the students, as we'd get scolded by our teachers when they were back for submitting no work.

Zachmac

Even if the sub is serious and strict, they can go wild. I remember back in elementary I got under a desk for some reason, and people started kicking me and squirting me with water. But then again that sub sucked. She was playing solitaire on the computer the whole time...
That may not always be the case! Cover teachers at our School eventually realised that no one will listen to them, so they'd dish out the work and then just sit there for the whole lesson. Any money for just sitting around is worth it! And if you have access to a computer/laptop, even better!! The only consequences were for the students, as we'd get scolded by our teachers when they were back for submitting no work.
I've had actual teachers do that.