• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
finals for me are finished.

i think it's retarded that you have to wait two hours for everyone to finish :/

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Woo hoo! Yearbooks have arrived! Now we need to learn the arts of distribution...

On another note, I've still got this week, the week after, and then finals before high school's done.

Flame Mistress

Two more days of exams... Then half term... Then another four weeks... Then SUMMER HOLIDAYS WOOHOO SINGAPORE AND SOUTH KOREA HERE I COME WOOT WOOT WOOT

That is, if I manage to survive my four remaining exams. Which I think I will, since I somehow survived English and Latin.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I hate Geography. My teacher makes me stay behind for an hour on Thursday and then she gives us MORE homework to do at home. Although I can understand because we're doing 2 years of Geography in 1. I do like some of the topics though like continents and where countries are. Although a few of my friends in that class don't know. One of them thought Austria was in Australia, I mean really?

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
I found out Im going to be in AP world civ and Algebra 2 honors.
2 days of school left this year. I grad tomorow then come back friday then **** this school forever

Nasty. Me and 3 others are in the teacher's room because everyone else is dissecting rats. Ew.
Today was the senior's last day. It's gonna suck not seeing them. But hey, only 6 more days for everyone else.

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
Only have a math final. But fffffffffeverything in geometry.
I called reddit a bunch of "god hating, Ron Paul worshipping, potsmoking, cat-loving group of internet hipsters" in a 10 page long dual book report (relevant of course). My teacher laughed at it.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Wow. I don't know what to say. Honestly. Latin's still as pointless as ever though.

I had a Latin teacher in High School, and I have to say that it's a really useful to know. Knowing Latin suffixes and prefixes has helped me decipher some words when I didn't have a dictionary around, and helped me learn a lot of medical terms, too.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I had a Latin teacher in High School, and I have to say that it's a really useful to know. Knowing Latin suffixes and prefixes has helped me decipher some words when I didn't have a dictionary around, and helped me learn a lot of medical terms, too.

Well, they say it's a good pathway for learning other European languages too, but I just don't see the point when you have English as a template and you would rarely need more than 5 European languages (English, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuges) anyway.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Well, they say it's a good pathway for learning other European languages too, but I just don't see the point when you have English as a template and you would rarely need more than 5 European languages (English, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuges) anyway.

Taking Spanish and Latin in high school really helped me out understanding a lot of the other romance languages. Portuguese, French, and Italian are three languages that I haven't taken, but can understand them somewhat when spoken slowly or when they're in writing.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Wow. I don't know what to say. Honestly. Latin's still as pointless as ever though.

Knowing Spanish and Latin has been more helpful than you can imagine in the sciences. Scientific names are in Latin, so knowing Romantic languages really helps you to remember them.

Kacho

You are next.

I go to a public school and learned Latin there.
One, Latin helped me with SAT words that i can just look at the words
Two, Latin helps with biology, law, and I can't remember another field.
Thirdly, Latin gives an insight to english grammars.

Fourthly, if you live in europe, you're probably forced to know more than 2 languages, lol.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Five more GCSE exams and then I'm free! I'm actually so excited, I can't wait for this summer. Five more exams and then my compulsory education is over. It's gone so quickly.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Five more GCSE exams and then I'm free! I'm actually so excited, I can't wait for this summer. Five more exams and then my compulsory education is over. It's gone so quickly.

You moving on to college, then?

Flame Mistress

You moving on to college, then?

Sixth Form, more like, I'd guess.

Anyway... Exams. Are. Finally. OVER. Yes, the same ones I've been fussing for ages. I just feel sooooo good right now. Ugh. Finally.

And Latin is very useful. It helps you understand English grammar, it's easy to learn if you have a high memory capacity, it's very useful if you want to specialize in the Sciences, History, Classics, or Languages, it was the basis of the English language (and pretty much every other European language out there), and really, it's actually quite fun. No kidding.