• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Flame Mistress

They're pretty good results. No need to feel like a failure. ;)

Well, yeah, Geography and Art I feel proud of, because for Geography I was one of the top in my class, and for Art not many people in Year 7 even get into the As that much, apparently, so yeah. But French was just above average, which I'm not happy with. Didn't help that my teacher had to rush like half of our lessons due to... reasons...

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
Didn't pass my accounting competency exam. Have to take it again in two months. *sigh*

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Anyone here in the Catholic Board in Ontario? You guys may be the only ones who understand this. Anyhow, I just finished my science CPT. Think of a really large project. Except the freaking province was involved in its creation. NONE of the whole damn thing had anything to do with what we'd covered this year. And it's 10% of my grade. What the hell, school board!?!?

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
Last day of school. Had field day (extended P.E.). Teachers had a flash mob to Don't Stop Believing. Got a close up shot of a retiring one's butt (my horrible health teacher).

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Good gosh, my teachers grade finals quickly. Got an 88% on my English, which didn't really matter thanks to all the Extra Credit I did, and I ended my English with a score of 100.3. And Geometry was actually better with a 93%! Despite all those crazy quiz-styled reviews we got, I managed to still stay in the A- range with 91.78.

Now, tomorrow's my History final, and my last final for the year (won't actually take History again for a few years). I've still got another score to be added in, and my score is very good at 94.4, so I'm not too worried.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
First day..woah.. I got the feeling of little scared at stuffs..Chemistry is starting to creep me out. Glad we got our vacant class.. today..Tomorrow would be a tight schedule for me.

Indigoodra

I am incredibly happy.

I got 92 on my Algebra II exam, and a 98 on my Spanish II exam.

I am both anticipating and dreading the results of my Biology exam. D:

Hilijix

Back in Blue
My history final was by far the longest final I've ever taken. Final exams are 90 minutes long and I took 80 of them. And my teacher said this was shortened. I felt like I did alright, but not as good as my other finals. Most of the things I studied didn't have questions for, and quite a bit of my answers were by faint memory... I may post my grade here once it's graded.

Well, that's it. High school is done- Oh wait, apparently I forgot to turn something in for Geometry. It wouldn't really matter, since my overall A- will stay the same, but it would at least add like .40 more points. Should I go tomorrow and drop off my last homework batch?

Loffyglu

Death and Rebirth
Well, today was actually my last day of school. And I'm quite happy with myself, because I finished this quarter with only two Bs! :D The rest were As, one of which was in algebra II (pleasantly surprising, since my brain kind of shuts down whenever it sees numbers...). As for my yearly average, that would be three Bs and As in everything else. I know not everyone finds that impressive, but it's just such a big leap from my previous years; I'm mostly happy because I'm seeing myself improve more and more with each marking period~ (My grades freshman year... *shudder*) Aaaand to keep myself occupied (and for possible college credits, plus I really find the subject fascinating), I signed up for another class to take as a part-time online student at the community college; SOC 101, Introduction to Sociology. So excited~!

Also anxiously awaiting my SAT scores to come in on the 21st. Hnnng. Anyone other American high schoolers waiting for their scores on the SAT or ACT? ;w;

Last edited:

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
For my honors English 3 class next year I get to read Fahrenheit 451, East of Eden, In Cold Blood, and Life of Pi over the summer. I also get to read a chapter a day for my geography course and The Fellowship of the Ring for my speed reading course. I also have 3 or 4 books I want to read for fun. And I'm volunteering at the library. I'm really excited :3

Hilijix

Back in Blue
For my honors English 3 class next year I get to read Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451's a really good book. Every time I stopped reading it always gave me the incentive to read more. Just make sure you've paid respect to the author sometime when you've read it.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
You remember I posted less then a month back about how my AS german resit was plagues with technical faults?

Well, not wanting to be outdone, my A2 german exam was today, and in addition to a couple of minor computer problems...
TIME ITSELF BROKE DOWN!!

Seriously. Towards the last 5 minutes of the exam, the official exam clock decided it was fed up of telling the time and started going through a whole day in the course of a few minutes.

I think I know what happened though, the exam clocks use radio signals to keep themselves in sync. There was a thunder storm during the exam, and the signal must have been disrupted. The clock realised is was two minutes out and synced up again by going through 11 hours, 59 minutes and 58 seconds really quickly.

But I got either 3 minutes or 12 hours extra time due to the trouble, depending on which clock to believe.

Flame Mistress

RS: 95
Latin: 96

*throws confetti*

On another note, there's a thief going around our school - two weeks ago (which was before our half term) two pretty expensive fountain pens were stolen, as well as someone's purse, and today someone (who is also an idiot) got their purse stolen as well, which had £40 as well as their debit card in it. Thing is, it was during DT, so it must have been someone in our class, which was why every one of us had to be interrogated during our Drama cover lesson. Ugh.