• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Flame Mistress

Am I one of the only people who didn't get anything to do over the summer? =p

Well, I would've complained if it weren't fopr the Olympics. XD

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I hope you guys don't mind me joining, but out of mild curiosity, is anybody here in college/just accepted?

There are members of all ages here! :) We have a lot of middle school, high school, and college students. I'm in graduate school; I graduated college a year ago.

Do any of you have to take P.E. at your school to graduate? I do, and I'm really dreading it..

What year are you in? I was required to take P.E. from first grade through eighth grade (so 8 years there), and then I was required to have 1 semester of P.E. in high school (so 1 semester out of 8). P.E. isn't required in college.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Do any of you have to take P.E. at your school to graduate? I do, and I'm really dreading it..

Kindergarten through eighth grade. Though I didn't really mind, since all we really did was do stretches and do free play everyday.
We would have gone swimming, but the nearby pool would always be occupied by the elderly whenever PE period came along.

They really have to have the Olympics in Northern California for once...

Flame Mistress

Kindergarten through eighth grade. Though I didn't really mind, since all we really did was do stretches and do free play everyday.
We would have gone swimming, but the nearby pool would always be occupied by the elderly whenever PE period came along.
You lucky thing >.< We have our own field and swimming pool, so... yeah T^T

Well at least there's been an actual one there...

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Man! Our PE class today was quite annoying exhausting..and tiresome..
No last period of classes... we'll be having our 100 item test next week in one subject..Oh yeah, we're celebrating our last day of Science and Technology days..XD

Jinvaani

Man! Our PE class today was quite annoying exhausting..and tiresome..

Physical education? I'm pretty sure that I never learned anything from those lessons, it was just an excuse for the jocks to show off how good they were at soccer, whilst the rest of us got humiliated by being picked last, and being shouted at for not being good enough.

I'm glad those days are over.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades

Did you get any tickets for the Olympics?

I have tonnes to do this holiday (annoyingly) but im in my friends holiday house in the south of France right now.

vespiqueen

I'll be a Junior this year. I did have P.E. in elementary but all we did was play kickball everyday, so it wasn't really a big deal back then.

I just hope that I don't have it as a year round class :/

Spacial

procrastination
We used to have two double PE lesseons every week, plus a load of clubs afterschool. Most of us went to all of the clubs and stuff, while a group of others (including me) couldn 't care less about sport, only went to one or two clubs, and were never, ever chosen for teams. We were lucky if we got 2 games a term, but then most of us couldn't bother, and the teachers left us to do loads of basic stuff that we already knew

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You lucky thing >.< We have our own field and swimming pool, so... yeah T^T

"so... yeah T^T"? Why not "so... yeah :)"?
Oh wait, I can't really swim, either, so I'd just fail that part of PE. Right.

Well at least there's been an actual one [in Northern California]...

There has? Where?
Los Angeles doesn't count, because it's in Southern California. :p
And even if it did, it doesn't count, since I wasn't alive back then! ):

I'll be a Junior this year. I did have P.E. in elementary but all we did was play kickball everyday, so it wasn't really a big deal back then.

I hated kickball in elementary school. I never could kick the ball extremely high to amaze my classmates or anything. :/

vespiqueen

I hated kickball in elementary school. I never could kick the ball extremely high to amaze my classmates or anything. :/

I was never fan of kickball, and being a girl didn't help. Usually the guys were team captions and they would put us girls waaaay out in the outfield where they knew the ball wouldn't go.

I had P.E. as a freshman, and it was awesome. However that's only because one guy did really good magic tricks. The only thing we could play was basketball which sucked. Instead we sat on bleachers and played cards.

Flame Mistress

"so... yeah T^T"? Why not "so... yeah :)"?
Oh wait, I can't really swim, either, so I'd just fail that part of PE. Right.
I utterly hate swimming, that's why.

There has? Where?
Los Angeles doesn't count, because it's in Southern California. :p
And even if it did, it doesn't count, since I wasn't alive back then! ):
I never said there was one in Northern California. I said there was one in California. So you should be satisfied with that. /firstworldproblems

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
DID SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT CALIFORNIA?!?!??!?!?
Sorry, but I'm going to study really hard when I go to secondary school so I can afford a mansion in the Silicon Valley. That's what I want to do when I grow up.

I really like swimming, I got an A* in my report for it.

vespiqueen

I had P.E. as a freshman, and it was awesome. However that's only because one guy did really good magic tricks. The only thing we could play was basketball which sucked. Instead we sat on bleachers and played cards.

Magic tricks in P.E. sounds pretty cool ha. I'll probably be in the bleachers most of the time too.

Charazemma

Do not wish it upon yourself. If your government is anything like ours, they will screw it up and f*** everyone over.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I utterly hate swimming, that's why.

I never said there was one in Northern California. I said there was one in California. So you should be satisfied with that. /firstworldproblems

"BUT MOM, I WANT THERE TO BE ONE IN SACRAMENTO!!!" (Sacramento is the capital of California. No, I do not live there.)
"I can't control it, sweetie. I'm sorry. I may be your mom, but I can't make you happy all the time.
"WAAAAH!!!!!!" *throws a hissy-fit*

DID SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT CALIFORNIA?!?!??!?!?
Sorry, but I'm going to study really hard when I go to secondary school so I can afford a mansion in the Silicon Valley. That's what I want to do when I grow up.

Yup, I said something about California, all right. So did Flame Mistress.
I went to the Silicon Valley, and it was... intolerable. >_< I'm sorry for dirtying your water.

I really like swimming, I got an A* in my report for it.

Well, I live extremely near a body of water, and I can't really swim, so naturally that means that I should learn. I'd probably get an F in my report for being bad at swimming.
I can't even tread water!

Do not wish it upon yourself. If your government is anything like ours, they will screw it up and f*** everyone over.

Now that I think about it, having the Olympics in other countries does promote traveling... which is exactly why airplane tickets are so expensive!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not a regular here, but school stuff is something I can chat about. :p

I'd probably get an F in my report for being bad at swimming.
I can't even tread water!

I couldn't swim across the width of my school's pool to save my life. There's a good reason I prefer track and field to swimming.

I really need to stop procrastinating my summer assignment. I need to read Ralph Ellison's Invisble Man and discuss the rhetorical strategies in 10 quotes for that and Pride and Prejudice. I also need to write two essays that can serve as essay for college applications. School starts August 20th here. ._.
Who else still has summer homework to finish?

mauwie

TiPsYLiGHTS
Ew. PE. I even had to take it when I was in college. My professor (who we called coach) made me run a lot during that class, and I am so bad at running. I move like a snail. Still got an A in the class :p Soo happy it's over.
I'm enrolled in grad school now and start in the fall. I can't imagine they make me go through PE again *snort* That would be awful.

10 quotes for that and Pride and Prejudice.
Ah, I love that book. And the movie, though it is quite girly girl-ish, for some reason it makes me happy.