• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Physics is awesome, one of my favourite subjects, it encompesses everything in our universe! How dare you rip on it!

@Jay I don't think continents are part of the physics curriculum, I believe that it is covered in chemistry under the theory of continental drift by alfred someone or other. Unless it is part of physics in a different curriculum to mine.

God, I'm dull aren't I?

Also, lucky I got a new bag for my new term, as my cat has recently urinated on my old bag :/

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
First day at secondary school went ok. I made some new friends got a rough idea of where everything is.
My only complaint is, When i took my jumper off i had green fluff all over me ARRGH!

Aegon

I enjoy Physics, though I do like Chemistry more. I'd like to do Biology, but I'm not sure on my future career, so I'd prefer not to take science-only classes (I'm doing Business instead). Besides, the places have all been taken and there's a waiting list.

Spacial

procrastination
My form tutor is our biology teacher. We did team building (don't ask me) and my favourite quote of the day was................. "Use David's knees to throw the plank"

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Yeah I like continental drift and space/solar system. The only things in Science I like.

I got my results for my GCSE exams today. I took 2 English and 2 Science exams last year (Year 10) so there's less to do this year and I got a B and C in English and A and B in Science. All passes and I'm happy for my results.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
I wish we had those AP classes at my school, though I can blame my Physics teacher for some of that, since he spent 99% of the year talking about Minnesota. I'm stuck with AP Chem and regular Psychology, though I guess 5 AP tests is already rough on me. Not like my GPA needs to go any higher, either.

I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not, but one teacher told me the reason why my school offers so many AP classes this year compared to any other year is teacher pay. In my area, their salaries were reduced yet again so it explains the rediculous number of AP classes. Their pay is now being based on how many students take their AP class, so more students = higher pay.

Oh and nice to meet another Gustavo here :D

Yeah I like continental drift and space/solar system. The only things in Science I like.

Same, I took it last year and it was a pretty good class, shame that they offered AP Astronomy this year.....

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Physics is awesome, one of my favourite subjects, it encompesses everything in our universe! How dare you rip on it!

@Jay I don't think continents are part of the physics curriculum, I believe that it is covered in chemistry under the theory of continental drift by alfred someone or other. Unless it is part of physics in a different curriculum to mine.

Where I am, continental drift and such is covered in geology (makes sense, right?), whereas physics covers basically everything else in the universe.

Also, lucky I got a new bag for my new term, as my cat has recently urinated on my old bag :/

That's why I never bring my bag to places where I know pets can cause "collateral damage". [noparse]:p[/noparse]

Some policemen are blocking the way from my school (as in, the way our school bus needs to go through to get to our destinations), so we have to take a detour around, which is gonna take aaaaaaaaages. -_- Does anyone know if anything particular happened in London today?

Also, I officially hate Physics. It's so... dull. Ugh.
How can you hate Physics? It's one of my favs and stronger subjects :/

I only like Physics to learn about space and continents (if that's in it...), nothing else.
Aren't Continent and such counted under Geography?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think continents are part of the physics curriculum

At least here, they aren't. That stuff is in Geoscience, but I don't know, since I never took it. I can't stand any science with little/no math involved. Physics and Chemistry are my preferred sciences, but AP Physics won't be offered here until next year, sadly. I'll have graduated then. :/

I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not, but one teacher told me the reason why my school offers so many AP classes this year compared to any other year is teacher pay. In my area, their salaries were reduced yet again so it explains the rediculous number of AP classes. Their pay is now being based on how many students take their AP class, so more students = higher pay.

Oh and nice to meet another Gustavo here :D

Ah, I see. It's always the money. I'm assuming the scores people receive on the AP test is another factor determining salary?
If only one more class, I wish they could offer Calculus BC here. After AB last year, the only math class here is AP Stats, and anyone can get in that class here. I also miss not seeing my old Calc buddies all the time. Ah, the three months where we spent the whole time doing absolutely nothing. Good times, and that was only back in March.

Is my name more common than I thought? :)

Kacho

You are next.
At my high school continents were discussed in a course called Earth Science, but it could vary depending on what school you go to.

continent is also discussed in biology when talking about Pangaea and continental drift and allopatric speciation

as for the physics or chemistry debate... i understand chem easier than physics, lol.

I enjoy Physics, though I do like Chemistry more. I'd like to do Biology, but I'm not sure on my future career, so I'd prefer not to take science-only classes (I'm doing Business instead). Besides, the places have all been taken and there's a waiting list.

you can do science and business... like sell sciency materials and stuffs...

Last edited:
First day of school today! I had Science and History homework. I don't know if I'll get the History homework done because my teacher wants all the students to write a short biography of themselves, and I don't want to write it.

At least I don't get the same science teacher as last year!

monkeyman192

simply bored
Physics gets way better when you get to uni. Everything is way more interesting; quantum mechanics, special and general relativity, electromagnetism, and all other kinda f fun stuff :D

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Physics gets way better when you get to uni. Everything is way more interesting; quantum mechanics, special and general relativity, electromagnetism, and all other kinda f fun stuff :D

Physics was the only class in college that I ever got a C in....and I don't know how I even managed to keep my grade that high. My teacher was amazing but I just did not understand the material at all.

Last edited:

Aggron95

tildes gonna tilde~
Started at uni today...math was a nightmare. Apparently the elements of the empty set can be both orange and not orange, and for homework I'm supposed to prove that there is only one 0.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
Ah, I see. It's always the money. I'm assuming the scores people receive on the AP test is another factor determining salary?

Is my name more common than I thought? :)

Nope, not anymore since the schoolboard realized there was a high percentage of students that failed the AP Exam for most classes last year... So it affected many teachers' salaries.

Lol I was thinking the same thing man :D

I also had my first day today. Most of my classes are gonna be easy. German III and IB Pre Calc good pose a problem though...

Pre clac was pretty easy for me, but if you have any trouble with it shoot me a message and i'll be glad to help out! :)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Nope, not anymore since the schoolboard realized there was a high percentage of students that failed the AP Exam for most classes last year... So it affected many teachers' salaries.

Lol I was thinking the same thing man :D

I figured that that must have been the case, since teachers probably greatly encourage students to take the AP test, even if they're failing. Our teachers encourage everyone to take the test, but only because it will save a ton of money later.