• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
So my chemistry teacher took his erroneous email into account. He said yesterday that there would be an extra credit question on the subject described in the erroneous email on the next chemistry exam. o:

(It's stuff about the Schrödinger equation and angular and radial stuff and quantum whatevers...)

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Ok, so today is the day when I should really, really get started on all my half-term homework.
It's just that.... well, I do have next Monday off before I go back to school... and Okami isn't going to finish itself....

Moneyy

INACTIVE
It's my weighted GPA, and all schools in my area follow this. Basically, if you have all A's, and have classes that are classified as Honors/AP, then GPA is bumped up above 4.0 for weighting. Grades of C or better in these classes counts as the grade above it on a weighted GPA scale. So, each A in an Honors/AP class bumps up GPA 0.2, so since I have 4 AP classes, +0.8 is added. Designation between A- and A+ isn't taken into account, unlike in college. Freshman are very limited in regard to these classes, though, only open to Honors English 9 or AP Spanish Language. Of course, if you don't count the fact that my GPA is weighted, then my GPA is 4.0. Adding the weight is mainly used for class rank, and colleges in the area sometimes take it into account for rigor of our classes.

Really? The weighted GPA in my school can go as high as 12. I guess it depends on the school district.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Well, she was just giving me a hard time. She was just upset by the fact that it wasn't a solid A, but there were no threats or serious arguments. :p It might just be her panicky attitude towards my grades, so maybe she's feeling the pressure I'm getting now. Speaking of pressure, the application period for the colleges I'm interested in began today. Good thing I got a personal statement done already. I better hurry and start applying.

Now I wonder why she has a panicky attitude towards your grades. Sounds to me like your grades are excellent.

Todoserugi said:
Also, how long should 2 people be friends before they go on their first date? Just curious.

Honestly, that isn't a question that can be answered by someone else. You have to figure that out for yourself. There isn't a right answer to the question. Everyone has their own views on it. It could be after a short amount of time, it could be never.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Really? The weighted GPA in my school can go as high as 12. I guess it depends on the school district.

Yeah, it probably does. When I was starting applications last night, there were different types of grading systems listed, so that must be it.

General Nonsense said:
Now I wonder why she has a panicky attitude towards your grades. Sounds to me like your grades are excellent.

Not a literal panic. I guess a better wording is that she just gets over-dramatic a lot. She was a typical cheerleader in high school, so that might explain why.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Eh...

So I had my math exam today, and I'm not exactly feeling confident about it. I think I did alright, but the first question on the test was something we hadn't done in class, so I sat there for a while trying to figure it out. I hate it when I don't feel in control of the material...

I also had a chem lab exam the other day, and I realized (after the test, of course) that I completely screwed up one of the problems. I was so mad at myself.

So, not really the best week of school, but hopefully things will get better.

I found out today that my form tutor is actually divorced. Suddenly I don't like him as much.

What's wrong with that?

Flame Mistress

What's wrong with that?

It's just, well... uncomfortable. Especially since my parents aren't exactly on the best terms right now, so it's a bit of a touchy subject for me.

His coolness does make up for it, though, I suppose. It's hard not to like someone who likes waltzing out of classrooms to greet his students.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
It's my weighted GPA, and all schools in my area follow this. Basically, if you have all A's, and have classes that are classified as Honors/AP, then GPA is bumped up above 4.0 for weighting. Grades of C or better in these classes counts as the grade above it on a weighted GPA scale. So, each A in an Honors/AP class bumps up GPA 0.2, so since I have 4 AP classes, +0.8 is added. Designation between A- and A+ isn't taken into account, unlike in college. Freshman are very limited in regard to these classes, though, only open to Honors English 9 or AP Spanish Language. Of course, if you don't count the fact that my GPA is weighted, then my GPA is 4.0. Adding the weight is mainly used for class rank, and colleges in the area sometimes take it into account for rigor of our classes.

Sounds just like my school.

Yesterday, for my Pep Rally, both the cheerleading team and the dance team did separate dances to Gangnam Style. I think my school is having an obsession with it...

Sadly, my sophomores lost both spirit cup games pretty hard, and the Seniors dominated. There was an obstacle course and blanket race Even the Freshmen did better than us (they picked the really bulky ones). While we lack in speed, we make up in wisdom! Many have told me that last year, we were the coolest and nicest Freshmen on campus. This year... Most of the freshmen are jerks.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Sounds just like my school.

Yesterday, for my Pep Rally, both the cheerleading team and the dance team did separate dances to Gangnam Style. I think my school is having an obsession with it...

Apparently, our band and the cheerleaders did the same at the iconic football game between the two different high schools in our town. It will all be a fad of the past, eventually.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
It's just, well... uncomfortable. Especially since my parents aren't exactly on the best terms right now, so it's a bit of a touchy subject for me.

His coolness does make up for it, though, I suppose. It's hard not to like someone who likes waltzing out of classrooms to greet his students.

Oh, I see. I'm sorry if I seemed rude. I hope things turn out well for your parents.

Your form tutor does seem like a neat guy, though. It's nice when teachers genuinely care about their students. I've had several of those in college, and it's made the experience much better. : )

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
On Friday, one of the students that I TA for was playing Pokémon on their 3DS. Naturally, I said to him, "If you give me that Kingdra, I won't bust you for playing with video games in class."

The funny thing is that when independent work time came and the teacher I TA for wasn't looking, we traded Pokémon, and then he got caught. I feel so evil now... :)