• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Flame Mistress

I did the stupidest thing in my Maths test today... I asked the person next to me if she had a spare ruler. I will not be surprised if I get zero marks for this test.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Fuck trigonometry. It's so confusing and I don't understand it at all.

Trig is a piece of cake compared to calculus.

Speaking of calculus, I thought I got a 94 on my last exam, but it turns out that my teacher added six points to everyone's scores because they were all so low. So I actually got an 88, due to a bunch of stupid little mistakes I made throughout the exam. I hardly ever get a B on anything. I'm really mad at myself right now.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I did the stupidest thing in my Maths test today... I asked the person next to me if she had a spare ruler. I will not be surprised if I get zero marks for this test.

Wait... why would you get a 0 for asking for a spare ruler, of all things?

Spacial

procrastination
Our school has some kind of new grading system, which has E (exeptional) for A*, VG (very good) for A, G (good, takes a genius to figure it out *sarcasm), some other things and C, which is cause for concern. I think they should scrap that way and just use ABCD, because it makes people feel worse when they get low grades.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Our school has some kind of new grading system, which has E (exeptional) for A*, VG (very good) for A, G (good, takes a genius to figure it out *sarcasm), some other things and C, which is cause for concern. I think they should scrap that way and just use ABCD, because it makes people feel worse when they get low grades.

Is this for all classes, or is this only for some classes (similar to P/NP grading)?

Fuck trigonometry. It's so confusing and I don't understand it at all.

Oh god I remember in 11th grade, my teacher had one of the worst jamaican accents DX but then somehow I understood him. And I remember before the regents I studied for no other exam except that, which kind of paid off, but then I got lower on spanish because I didn't even think of studying for it -.-

And my english teacher this year grades the canadian style, which really isn't THAT weird. But really, I remember getting a B, and I was like "HEY THIS IS A GOOD GRADE FOR ME IN AP LIT =D" but then I checked my number grade and it was a 75 and I was like "NOOOOOOOO"

My gummi bear experiment ended weirdly, the gummi bear in regular water was way bigger htan when it started but it got moldy, the one in sugar was twice it's size, and the one in salt water was puny. It was fun.

The bad thing about today is I probably didn't do to good on my biology test. I didn't get anything to study from.

Arvis

so recently this kid started hanging out with my friend and i.
i dont mind, but sometimes he can be a jerk. today we got new seating arrangements and my best friend and the kid sit next to each other and i'm all alone.
so now i feel even more like a third wheel than i did before :(

sorry for the random and long post, but i just had to vent it out :/

Hilijix

Back in Blue

Our Chemistry teacher takes away points if we ask for calculators, but she doesn't give out zeroes for it.

so recently this kid started hanging out with my friend and i.
i dont mind, but sometimes he can be a jerk. today we got new seating arrangements and my best friend and the kid sit next to each other and i'm all alone.
so now i feel even more like a third wheel than i did before :(

sorry for the random and long post, but i just had to vent it out :/

I know how you feel. Seating arrangements can either be the best or worst thing that happens in class. In French I'm seated up in the front, at the edge, with an ok guy who just doesn't want to do anything. I wouldn't want my Algebra 2 seat to be switched, but it probably will switch soon anyway.

Speaking of French, during Learning Labs we got on tangents about our favorite movies and hobbies.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Speaking of seating arrangements, do you guys (not just the ones who have posted like two or three posts above me, but everybody else as well) have assigned seats? If you don't, do you tend to sit in the same seat everyday regardless, or do you actively change seats everyday? Either way, do you like the seating arrangements (or lack thereof)?

I don't really have seating arrangements in any of my classes. I sort of like it, since depending on my mood I can sit in this seat, or that seat, or that seat over there...
In chemistry, though, we had the choice of sitting wherever we wanted, but we had to stay with the same lab group throughout the entire quarter. I don't mind it, though, since I'm friends with my lab partners. :)

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Speaking of seating arrangements, do you guys (not just the ones who have posted like two or three posts above me, but everybody else as well) have assigned seats? If you don't, do you tend to sit in the same seat everyday regardless, or do you actively change seats everyday? Either way, do you like the seating arrangements (or lack thereof)?

I don't really have seating arrangements in any of my classes. I sort of like it, since depending on my mood I can sit in this seat, or that seat, or that seat over there...
In chemistry, though, we had the choice of sitting wherever we wanted, but we had to stay with the same lab group throughout the entire quarter. I don't mind it, though, since I'm friends with my lab partners. :)

We do in almost all of my classes. In Chemistry though we only did that so our teacher could memorize our names, but people still sit in their same spot regardless. In Algebra 2, we had assigned seating before we even stepped inside the classroom! I just talked about French a few posts ago (thread subscription brought me back here). Yearbook? No one cares about that. The only classes I can remember us not having assigned seating is in Biology, where we everyone sat in the same place, and in Cohort, where no one cared at all.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
We do in almost all of my classes. In Chemistry though we only did that so our teacher could memorize our names, but people still sit in their same spot regardless. In Algebra 2, we had assigned seating before we even stepped inside the classroom! I just talked about French a few posts ago (thread subscription brought me back here). Yearbook? No one cares about that. The only classes I can remember us not having assigned seating is in Biology, where we everyone sat in the same place, and in Cohort, where no one cared at all.

I really, really hate it when teachers make up seating charts before the first day of school... I don't know why, it just doesn't seem right to me. I understand it much more if a teacher made a seating chart due to people in the class distracting and disrupting each other, but not before the teacher even gets to know the students... :/

As for having assigned seats for ease of memorizing names, I just find that either the teachers that I have memorize names extraordinarily easy, or that they just don't care.
Then again, I'm probably biased, since my name is pretty much first on every attendance list out there.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!

My teachers really don't care where we sit long as we don't screw around. Even in assigned seats we screw around. In my opinion assigned seats make things worse because The messing around spreads across the room.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
My teachers really don't care where we sit long as we don't screw around. Even in assigned seats we screw around. In my opinion assigned seats make things worse because The messing around spreads across the room.

Wouldn't the messing around also be spread across the room if there were no seating assignments, too? I mean, there could be three groups of friends all scattered across the room, all messing around and doing their own thing.