• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh, okay, so the maximum is literally decreased, and extra points would go into extra credit, right?

Yeah, that's what I do understand about his curve. Speaking of which, I have a test in that class tomorrow, and I actually have a better understanding of what we're actually supposed to know.

ebevan91

I used to take Drivers Ed, it was a good class imo. It helped me out a little and it wasn't a 'real' class, we didn't have to worry about tests or anything.

I only took the course because they hacked off a large portion of my auto insurance.

725roy

ambivolent
So I've been doing the IB stuff and all I can say is. ESSAYS. ESSAYS EVRYWHERE. I've got 4 due in the next 2-3 weeks, and it's driving me up the wall.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I got a Chemistry test back today and found I had a C+ was one point away from a B-. However, I pointed out that my teacher didn't see that I wrote the answer with correct units in another part of the paper, and I got my B- after all.

I've been doing better in French recently. Two quizzes aced with my quiz with a B being dropped due to her quiz grading policy (lowest quiz grade is dropped). Thing is tomorrow is a test which may change all of that. I WANT TO ACE THIS.

I don't want to take any exams tomorrow, especially writing. I hate writing.

same here, well depending on the essay topic. I was angry when I got a 2 on the AP language exam, but then, I remembered that I can't argue to save my life and that I read slower than a snail crawls (well at least then, then again, I was actually reading the passages carefully instead of skimming like I was supposed to)

so I'll be taking the SATs on Saturday...too bad it doesn't matter. But yeah, seriously, I can't even increase my score anymore, and last time I took the exam , even after I practiced (and not the BS type either) my score still fell, especially for writing, for which I was expecting at least a 650 DX (talking about this writing is making me feel like a grammar nazi, but then I can't get grammar correct either so meh)

Last edited:

Recon

Yesterday at 9 pm, Freshmen were supposed to start signing up for classes for the next two terms. Almost immediately, some people were dropped into wait-lists and some weren't able to get into the course at all. Thankfully, I've only been locked out of one and wait-listed for 2 classes, which I have back-ups for.

I'm gonna try to get into the closed class first, if I appeal to the professor, I might still be able to get in. Wish me luck

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Yeah, that's what I do understand about his curve. Speaking of which, I have a test in that class tomorrow, and I actually have a better understanding of what we're actually supposed to know.

That's good. And tomorrow's Friday. Don't let the fact that tomorrow's Friday make you less motivated! :)

Registering for Spring semeter today. Looking forward to slacking through another set of classes -_-

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I just proposed the idea that our school should do a laser tag version of the hunger games where each grade chooses two students via a lottery and the winning grade wins a pizza party.

BJPalmer85

If you are in college and decide to take a "break" with the plans to go back....DO NOT DO IT!! you will hate yourself and regret the decision and it will take you far longer to go back than you planned

just some words of advice for the younger members

I just proposed the idea that our school should do a laser tag version of the hunger games where each grade chooses two students via a lottery and the winning grade wins a pizza party.

and this sounds like an awesome idea

B

You have my support in that idea. Best of luck, amigo.

The only problem is that the school has to approve it so we can have funding to do it.

Aye, that's true. If any of the primary faculty members are old farts that are part of the Anti-Fun Brigade, chances of it being approved are slim.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Aye, that's true. If any of the primary faculty members are old farts that are part of the Anti-Fun Brigade, chances of it being approved are slim.

They did approve a dodgeball tourney, but the Hunger Games might be pushing it solely because of the context.