• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I'm basically doing nothing at all during my exam weeks

I have an AP US history exam on Wednesday and then I'm done, and I go to Hershey Park on saturday. Life is good

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'M FREEEEE! my AP exams are over and my school year is smooth sailing from here

Lucky. I still have 2 more to go, after the 3 I had last week. Am I insane? Well, maybe a little. On the bright side, I literally had nothing going on in all 6 of my classes, so work day to the extreme, and my last day of class is next Wednesday! ...then I have to write a speech for graduation on the 30th. I better learn to get over stage fright soon. :/

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Lucky. I still have 2 more to go, after the 3 I had last week. Am I insane?

umm, YES! 5 AP exams? as in 5 high school AP exams? I don't even know anyone doing that

On the bright side, I literally had nothing going on in all 6 of my classes, so work day to the extreme, and my last day of class is next Wednesday!

okay, well that's not as bad. you're almost done; go big or go home

...then I have to write a speech for graduation on the 30th.

6 AP tests and a speech. you're really pushing yourself

I better learn to get over stage fright soon. :/

so 6 AP exams, graduation speech, stage fright... you're bats*** crazy

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Financial aid called just now, but I didn't answer it because I was in the bathroom and the phone in there doesn't have caller ID. So my grandmother comes in saying my adviser left a message. And all I can think of is: "Why didn't he call back at all last week?" Seriously, I was bothered about this two weeks ago. It's about this stupid FAFSA thing that I don't think really does me any good favors anyway, and Mom said she was doing it. Far as I know, he wants to finish it up with me tonight, but I don't have any of my parents' information like their social security number and the like, and they're not that great at remembering theirs off the top of their heads either.

What makes this more frustrating is that I told them over and over again that we were doing it and that we have turned papers in, but apparently they didn't get them, and they aren't listening to me. I don't even handle the financial aid anyway, that's all my parents, so why they're bothering me about it when I have told them I don't have majority of the needed information just baffles me, and I'm getting sick of it. I just hope he called the other number and have my parents deal with him, I seriously don't need this annoyance right now.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Still on vacations! MUAHAHAHA

Same here. Though my summer vacation gonna end up soon. I've be enrolling again for another semester this coming 27th day of May. *Gonna enjoy these two weeks before enrollment comes.XD

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Financial aid called just now, but I didn't answer it because I was in the bathroom and the phone in there doesn't have caller ID. So my grandmother comes in saying my adviser left a message. And all I can think of is: "Why didn't he call back at all last week?" Seriously, I was bothered about this two weeks ago. It's about this stupid FAFSA thing that I don't think really does me any good favors anyway, and Mom said she was doing it. Far as I know, he wants to finish it up with me tonight, but I don't have any of my parents' information like their social security number and the like, and they're not that great at remembering theirs off the top of their heads either.

What makes this more frustrating is that I told them over and over again that we were doing it and that we have turned papers in, but apparently they didn't get them, and they aren't listening to me. I don't even handle the financial aid anyway, that's all my parents, so why they're bothering me about it when I have told them I don't have majority of the needed information just baffles me, and I'm getting sick of it. I just hope he called the other number and have my parents deal with him, I seriously don't need this annoyance right now.

that sucks. I did the fafsa with my mom. try to tell your parents that it's not a complicated process. all they need is their tax info from this year, which they should've done since it's past April 15, and apparently they need their social security number. I'd say the whole process is an hour, but it's not difficult at all. I made my mom sit with me at the desktop, so that's my advice

Rakansen

ラルフ
I found out that I'm salutatorian today, so I have to prepare a speech before the 31st.

I also got my classes for high school. I got Japanese, which I'm content since I currently want to be able to be a game designer in Japan, since it's one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Then again, I heard that career goals can change a lot through high school, but I guess I'll work on my current goals for now.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
that sucks. I did the fafsa with my mom. try to tell your parents that it's not a complicated process. all they need is their tax info from this year, which they should've done since it's past April 15, and apparently they need their social security number. I'd say the whole process is an hour, but it's not difficult at all. I made my mom sit with me at the desktop, so that's my advice

I've been in college since mid-to-late 2010. We've done FAFSA for the past few years, so we know how it works. It's just that my mom is one: busy with work (she's a special ed teacher for two online schools), and two: she likes to put things off like this until the last minute. Which would explain my own procrastination, actually...

Either way, looks like it'll be finished by the end of the week. Mom called shortly after I posted and asked for my password, so if she didn't do the rest of it, it'll be done soon. Still, it's because of the annoyance of Financial Aid that I'm looking forward to my graduation next year. Though it'll be a bitch to pay off the loans...

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I found out that I'm salutatorian today, so I have to prepare a speech before the 31st.

I also got my classes for high school. I got Japanese, which I'm content since I currently want to be able to be a game designer in Japan, since it's one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Then again, I heard that career goals can change a lot through high school, but I guess I'll work on my current goals for now.

Congrats! And yes, career goals will change. I also wanted to become a coder or game designer in Japan (Bandai if GameFreak rejected me). However, I looked at all of my interests, abilities, attributes, and personality and found I may not be the best candidate for a game coder or designer. I'm more of a consumer of all media than the creators, so I've focused on training myself throughout high school to get a good job to be able to purchase and enjoy the goods that many innovative creators think of.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I've been in college since mid-to-late 2010. We've done FAFSA for the past few years, so we know how it works. It's just that my mom is one: busy with work (she's a special ed teacher for two online schools), and two: she likes to put things off like this until the last minute. Which would explain my own procrastination, actually...

Either way, looks like it'll be finished by the end of the week. Mom called shortly after I posted and asked for my password, so if she didn't do the rest of it, it'll be done soon. Still, it's because of the annoyance of Financial Aid that I'm looking forward to my graduation next year. Though it'll be a bitch to pay off the loans...

wow, I had no idea you still need the FAFSA when you're in college... looking forward forward to that next year :/

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
wow, I had no idea you still need the FAFSA when you're in college... looking forward forward to that next year :/

I had no idea FAFSA even existed until I attended college. I guess it's reserved for private schools or something (I attend a private college), I really don't know.

ebevan91

AWW YISS

Got 2 of my final grades.

Both A's.

Unfortunately those were the only 2 classes I wasn't worried about though.

ebevan91

First full week without uni and I'm already bored.

I know that feel. Thursday is my last day and unless I get a job, I'm going to be bored out of my mind at home.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Well, this week has been the start of the Summer AS Level Exams, and honestly, I'm quite mixed in terms of how hard and easy it is;

I did my C1 maths yesterday and that was one of the most difficult exams I ever sit. Sequences+Series, Simultaneous Equations and Calculus are alright topics, but coordinate geometry and sketching curves are insane, and trying to find the equation of the normal at a point on the circle is just brutal. Sadly, that was the final question on the paper, and I'll probably be marked down for it. I think with my current progress, I'm looking at a D, and that's being optimistic.

This morning, I've done my History Unit 1exam, and it was surprisingly one of the best exams I've done all year. The structure of the essays was really straight foward, and we will able to do it in the time limit. As for the questions, they were on the successes and failures of the New Deals in the 1930s US, and also on the end of prohibition and American life in 1890 to 1919 which was fantastic.

This afternoon, about an hour ago, I finished my geography unit 1 exam, and that was both hard and easy. The human side of it on population change and health issues was really nice and the questions had a nice flow to it, but the cold environments topic was brutal and difficult. I have never been taught eskers in my life or what a glacier budget is, and that may have cost me gravely on the paper, but still, the human side to it and the river topic was nice, so I might still pass.

Anyone else doing their AS Level exams?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Well, this week has been the start of the Summer AS Level Exams, and honestly, I'm quite mixed in terms of how hard and easy it is;

I did my C1 maths yesterday and that was one of the most difficult exams I ever sit. Sequences+Series, Simultaneous Equations and Calculus are alright topics, but coordinate geometry and sketching curves are insane, and trying to find the equation of the normal at a point on the circle is just brutal. Sadly, that was the final question on the paper, and I'll probably be marked down for it. I think with my current progress, I'm looking at a D, and that's being optimistic.

This morning, I've done my History Unit 1exam, and it was surprisingly one of the best exams I've done all year. The structure of the essays was really straight foward, and we will able to do it in the time limit. As for the questions, they were on the successes and failures of the New Deals in the 1930s US, and also on the end of prohibition and American life in 1890 to 1919 which was fantastic.

This afternoon, about an hour ago, I finished my geography unit 1 exam, and that was both hard and easy. The human side of it on population change and health issues was really nice and the questions had a nice flow to it, but the cold environments topic was brutal and difficult. I have never been taught eskers in my life or what a glacier budget is, and that may have cost me gravely on the paper, but still, the human side to it and the river topic was nice, so I might still pass.

Anyone else doing their AS Level exams?

I've had a look at the AS Maths syllabus and man, does it look hideous. Still doesn't compare to the Mechanics specification for those doing Further Maths (I think), though. God, I hate maths.

History I don't know much about but I deliberately overlooked Geography as one of my A-Level options as the entire syllabus just looked identical to the GCSE one, but just in more detail. We never get taught the cold environments bit, our school just covers coasts, rivers, tourism, population stuff, etc. It all looked pretty dry to me as, if GSCE was anything to go by, it's just all case studies.

I took my Sociology Unit 1 exam yesterday and it was... surprisingly ok. Tripped up on the last question on Functionalism because of time restraints though, and suffered severe hand cramps throughout the entire thing. Doesn't bode well for my English Language exam on Friday, which I am woefully under-prepared for. I've got Sociology Unit 2, Psychology Unit 1, the Zelda Concert in London and my English Lit Tuesday to Friday next week, so this is effectively the calm before the storm (yet I'm still procrastinating).

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I've had a look at the AS Maths syllabus and man, does it look hideous. Still doesn't compare to the Mechanics specification for those doing Further Maths (I think), though. God, I hate maths.

History I don't know much about but I deliberately overlooked Geography as one of my A-Level options as the entire syllabus just looked identical to the GCSE one, but just in more detail. We never get taught the cold environments bit, our school just covers coasts, rivers, tourism, population stuff, etc. It all looked pretty dry to me as, if GSCE was anything to go by, it's just all case studies.

I took my Sociology Unit 1 exam yesterday and it was... surprisingly ok. Tripped up on the last question on Functionalism because of time restraints though, and suffered severe hand cramps throughout the entire thing. Doesn't bode well for my English Language exam on Friday, which I am woefully under-prepared for. I've got Sociology Unit 2, Psychology Unit 1, the Zelda Concert in London and my English Lit Tuesday to Friday next week, so this is effectively the calm before the storm (yet I'm still procrastinating).

What are you doing for your English Lit exam? For me, I did mine in January based on Pride and Prejudice, and The Kite Runner. I'm not doing an exam for it though now, I've just been given coursework assignments on Midsummer Night's Dream and Educating Rita.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
What are you doing for your English Lit exam? For me, I did mine in January based on Pride and Prejudice, and The Kite Runner. I'm not doing an exam for it though now, I've just been given coursework assignments on Midsummer Night's Dream and Educating Rita.

I'm doing the combined Lit and Lang Pre-U course, which has no coursework. I'm surprised you did an January exam, I thought those were being phased out, as are retakes.

The set texts I'm studying are The Kite Runner, A Streetcar Named Desire and All My Sons. Kite Runner and Streetcar are both really interesting texts and are reasonably easy to analyse, but All My Sons is dreadful, even more so as it's on the Language side of the course. I've never really got to grips with analysing stuff like dramatic structure and language choices so this Friday's exam is one I'm dreading.