• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
APWH exam in 3 days !!!!!

totally ready to fail the essays

I knew jack **** about that class but I still managed a 5 on the test

You'll do fine

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
what flamebeam learned in the Student Lounge Thread today: British education is something else

I knew jack **** about that class but I still managed a 5 on the test

You'll do fine

that's a freshman AP course, right? at least, I'm pretty sure it is in my school

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I took the AP Bio test yesterday and it was complete bull****. I must have studied over 100 hours for that test and someone who had little to no knowledge of actual biology could have done it just as well. That doesn't mean it wasn't hard though. It was basically 80% lab analysis, 15% math, and 5% actual biology. One of the free response questions was straight up half general knowledge and half calculator based math. Ugh I am so disappointed right now. If this was an actual bio test I am sure I would have done well, but for this I am not sure how I will do. I am hoping for at least a 4, maybe a 5 if it is a generous curve because of the new type of test.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I took the AP Bio test yesterday and it was complete bull****. I must have studied over 100 hours for that test and someone who had little to no knowledge of actual biology could have done it just as well. That doesn't mean it wasn't hard though. It was basically 80% lab analysis, 15% math, and 5% actual biology. One of the free response questions was straight up half general knowledge and half calculator based math. Ugh I am so disappointed right now. If this was an actual bio test I am sure I would have done well, but for this I am not sure how I will do. I am hoping for at least a 4, maybe a 5 if it is a generous curve because of the new type of test.

I accidentally left 10 multiple choice problems blank. but other than that, a lot of the questions were like “duh, it's this one". others... ehh. for example, with the chi square and null hypothesis in the frq (I don't know if you got that question) I just learned today what a null hypothesis is, so I messed that up. thanks for teaching it NOW, “bio teacher"

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
what flamebeam learned in the Student Lounge Thread today: British education is something else

that's a freshman AP course, right? at least, I'm pretty sure it is in my school

I took civics & economics as a freshman, that's why I had apwh this year

I wish they had AP Civics & Economics :(

Geekachu

I did my C1 maths yesterday and that was one of the most difficult exams I ever sit. Sequences+Series, Simultaneous Equations and Calculus are alright topics, but coordinate geometry and sketching curves are insane, and trying to find the equation of the normal at a point on the circle is just brutal. Sadly, that was the final question on the paper, and I'll probably be marked down for it. I think with my current progress, I'm looking at a D, and that's being optimistic.

Is that not C2? Unless you're on a different exam board, but we didn't do circles in Maths (Edexcel) until Core 2. Doing my A-Levels currently anyway and I'm basically free for a month before my exams actually start and I only have three :p Your History syllabus looks really interesting by the looks of it. I might have been inclined to take it if I'd seen those were topics on the syllabus, although it's generally a unanimous opinion among my friends that History is a horrible A-Level.

I've had a look at the AS Maths syllabus and man, does it look hideous. Still doesn't compare to the Mechanics specification for those doing Further Maths (I think), though. God, I hate maths.

Huh, Mechanics is a piece of piss. It's without a doubt one of the easiest exams in Maths.

TheEliteEmpoleon

So I did my last project of the year all last night, somehow, and it turned out surprisingly nice. It got a 90, so I'm not complaining!

fitzy909

Just another guy
So I did my last project of the year all last night, somehow, and it turned out surprisingly nice. It got a 90, so I'm not complaining!

if i ever did that my parents would kill me and it would come out absolutely cr@p. it's just the way things go for me. i try and get it out of the way as soon as i can.

ebevan91

LOL, failed my Accounting II final today but still came out of the class with an 80 (B).

EDIT: Got more grades back.

American Lit II: B
Accounting II: B
Macroeconomics: ???
Biology (lecture): A
Biology (lab): A
Java Programming: A

Macro final is tomorrow.

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

if i ever did that my parents would kill me and it would come out absolutely cr@p. it's just the way things go for me. i try and get it out of the way as soon as i can.

I guess I'm just used to working like that, since I procrastinate just about everything.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Got out of class an hour early today because the lecture was pretty short, and it was lab time anyway. We got our final assignment explained today, and I was all "Ugh, I so don't want to do this," especially since I didn't do a written assignment. However, because I was working on storyboards, the teacher decided to grade the storyboards in place of the writing assignment. So that was cool. Looks like no matter what happens from here-on out, I think I'll be okay.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
umm, YES! 5 AP exams? as in 5 high school AP exams? I don't even know anyone doing that

Neither do I. o.o

okay, well that's not as bad. you're almost done; go big or go home

Yeah, it seems the rest of my days will be more like it too. Work days! Yeah!

6 AP tests and a speech. you're really pushing yourself

Well, 5 AP tests, since my I only have regular Psychology and Track. Government and Microeconomics are both only a semester, so that's where the 5 comes from.

so 6 AP exams, graduation speech, stage fright... you're bats*** crazy

Well, it's maybe it's not so much full-on stage fright, but I'm just nervous. I suppose that much is normal, but when you put it all together like that...there's no hiding it; I'm insane.

I accidentally left 10 multiple choice problems blank. but other than that, a lot of the questions were like “duh, it's this one". others... ehh. for example, with the chi square and null hypothesis in the frq (I don't know if you got that question) I just learned today what a null hypothesis is, so I messed that up. thanks for teaching it NOW, “bio teacher"

Wait, what? Chi squared tests and null hypotheses are things you learn in AP Statistics. Null hypotheses are second nature in second semester AP Statistics, but AP Bio? That's new to me. Either way, I can't stand Bio. Not enough math for me.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I guess I'm just used to working like that, since I procrastinate just about everything.

I've tried many times in the past managing my team, but I've had trouble because I access my textbooks online. It actually worked for a few months, but I'm back to my old self now, sadly.

Anyways, I've got a persuasive essay coming up. We're allowed to discuss about anything as long as it's not offensive and against religion. Unfortunately I'm one of the only four or five people who are liberal. I'm in a private school, after all, though I'm going to a public high school. I'm thinking of writing about gun control and the 2nd Amendment, though, since it's the closest I can get to expressing my opinions.

725roy

ambivolent
As for academic grades for this year, I've determined that my GPA is mainly going to be determined by whether or not I passed my Algebra Final today. Let's hope logarithms were my strong suit because that's it for them. I have a chance of taking one more possible test for Extra Credit this year, and I may just take it, just so I can get that elusive 4.0. Every other grade in every other class I have is literally an 100% A, but as for Algebra, it's an 89.1% B+.

In other news, I'm a week and a half into my IBMYP Personal Project, making a video game, and so far it's going superbly well!

ebevan91

According to my computer clock, it is currently six hours after you made that post

Godspeed

Don't forget about the Ottoman empire or whatever

You need to fix your clock then.

It was 1AM when he made that post, not 1PM. So really it has been what, 18 hours?