• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Kacho

You are next.
For second week of school I'm surprisingly not too terrible with balancing my 17 hours classes, as well as having enough time to work out :)

September's here! Time to gear up for another year of studi--

*Completed Uni in May*
*Graduation in January*
*No longer a student*

Oh...after 18 years I'm too old for the school grind. :(

maybe if you live with children you can grind about their school if they are too young for internet?

ebevan91

How did it go?

Awesome! I take it you must be in a community college, correct?

Oh, awesome for you, too. Why is it that you want to transfer?

Because I only go to a community college which is a 2 year school. Associate's Degrees only. If I want a Bachelor's or higher I gotta go to a 4 year university.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Summer is coming to a close. The academic year starts up for me in a couple weeks, and while I am apprehensive of returning to the stresses associated with exams and all the to-do's of both large and small proportions, I look forward to what I will learn and accomplish. In the free time I have left I want to spend extra extra time with my bees, roll around in the grass with my cat, visit with friends and family, and comb beach gravel for agates... because so soon I will have to leave all the near-and-dear comforts of home behind. There are other projects I would like to continue to work on at home as well, such as raptor education, writing my identification guide, and trapping small mammals after we're done surveying owls. Ah well, perhaps next summer...

There's so much things in summer I planned to do that I missed out on. There were so much books I wanted to read for summer reading, I wanted to learn the Python programming language, get into lucid dreaming, and, as ridiculous as this sounds, I wanted to delve into the art of deduction, in the end all I really did though was watch a lot of YouTube videos and play a lot of PC games, particularly Lord of the Rings Online!

:::

Not anything big happened today at school, it was the first meeting for my high school's theatre company, I had no plans to get into acting but the freshman representative wants us to act at least once this year, so I'm thinking of acting in the second show, so I can get the hang of things in the first show.

Last edited:

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
For second week of school I'm surprisingly not too terrible with balancing my 17 hours classes, as well as having enough time to work out :)

Exercise is very important, glad you can find the time to get some in!

There's so much things in summer I planned to do that I missed out on. There were so much books I wanted to read for summer reading, I wanted to learn the Python programming language, get into lucid dreaming, and, as ridiculous as this sounds, I wanted to delve into the art of deduction, in the end all I really did though was watch a lot of YouTube videos and play a lot of PC games, particularly Lord of the Rings Online!

Not anything big happened today at school, it was the first meeting for my high school's theatre company, I had no plans to get into acting but the freshman representative wants us to act at least once this year, so I'm thinking of acting in the second show, so I can get the hang of things in the first show.
Ah, some of my goals for the summer were to study biology and practice my hand at sketching and writing, but alas... distractions. I decided to read TLOTR triology which was relevant, but... then I got Skyrim and a mod which grants me Galadriel's bow and Legolas' slender war knives. :B I even ride a great elk around, pretending I'm the elf Thranduil or Ashitaka (from the film, Princess Mononoke). Gah, so much role-playing shenanigans...

Acting was an activity I was brave enough to do in elementary school; nowadays, not so much, though I have always admired the courage of my friends during our well-done high school plays. Good luck to you!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I love it when the day is a short one, and you've got a highschool pep rally you have to attend.
They're the best for one thing alone, nobody acts mature and people will always scream out the stupidest things you'll ever hear. And when candy is thrown into the stands, they retaliate which is hilarious as a senior...
I'm going to miss highschool. :(

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I have a Friday class that ends at night when most of my friends have no Friday classes :/. Don't like how most of my major courses are either too early or too late in the day. Have no motivation to study on the 2nd week of school; the horrible heat that suddenly came in September isn't helping. 93 Fahrenheit in September? What the heck...

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
We are starting uni again in a couple of days. We have been on a 2 week break, and suffice to say it hasn't been the most productive for me. We had a 3 day field trip up north and after that I didn't have much motivation to do much work aside from a couple of hours each day. It's good though that I only have 2 exams this semester, so I can use some of my ample free time too catch up. Sometimes I wish I was more motivated, but there's no use complaining. I realise I have to do something about it, like get off this forum haha.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Awesome! I take it you must be in a community college, correct?
Yeah, I've been in one for 5 years. I was unsure about what I wanted to do and I already have a degree, and almost a second (I needed the classes for the daycare I work in), but I decided I just want to get the show on the road and finish up.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
So, I've had three days of school so far, and my timetable's pretty bad... I have five days without a lunch period free (which is half my timetable), and I have fewer frees than last year (because I have fewer clashes... but still xD). They're also introduced this thing where you MUST sign in to commit yourself to silent study at least four hours a week, when they used only to make kids who were failing do this. That's annoying, since I really don't like the silent study rooms and prefer to have a little background noise. D:

TheEliteEmpoleon

Tomorrow starts sophomore year for me. I can't wait. The classes are going to be tough, but I'm going to have fun like I always do. I really want to not procrastinate as much this year, though. Last year it was bad; I did too many projects and homeworks at midnight.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I've been working on college applications and homework ever since I got home from mass this morning... The only break I've had to day was to go to GameStop and reserve a copy of X. Well, at least tomorrow should be an easy day. I have two art classes and an online class tomorrow.

Shadow XD001

Today was my first day of Junior year. Last year, I only had a couple of teachers I liked, but this year might be different. It's still too early to tell though.

179 days left!

Rakansen

ラルフ
I've been working on college applications and homework ever since I got home from mass this morning... The only break I've had to day was to go to GameStop and reserve a copy of X. Well, at least tomorrow should be an easy day. I have two art classes and an online class tomorrow.

That's really scary, on Sunday I stayed home because I already went to Mass on Saturday, but I had to do homework and during that day I went to GameStop to download a Shiny Dialga and I ended up reserving X... :eek:

I've recently been stressing myself out so much on assignments, tests, and exercise to maintain my grades, but it just ends up making them worse. It's somewhat difficult to adjust to a high school when you've never taken advanced classes (I've been in private schooling my whole life), and we're graded so heavily in P.E. on running (I'm only good at interval training because that's all I do when I work out). I guess it's time to accept that running isn't my strongest suit, and that it's almost impossible to NOT get a 'B' in high school.

Oh well, just a few weeks more and I'll be on my second term with my nice fresh copy of Pokémon X... :redface:

Kacho

You are next.
Okay so.. I got the soil I needed and I am waiting for wednesday lab or maybe next week to reveal if my soil actually have the bacteria I needed in it lol.

Mystic_Blaze

Fabulous~
I started my junior year in highschool today, and although I have a lot of annoying people in my classes I do have some friends here or there. The best part was that the summer homework I didn't do wasn't collected and it turns out the assignment is smaller than I previously thought so I can get it done easily today. I'm really happy right now :D (sidenote: I have nothing to really do this week in school since we just started so I think its time I grabbed my 3ds and some pokemon games and have fun in school.)