• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Okay so.. I got the soil I needed and I am waiting for wednesday lab or maybe next week to reveal if my soil actually have the bacteria I needed in it lol.
hahah, I hope so, too. At which sites did you end up sampling?

Just shy of two weeks until school starts. I am entering an advanced science course having skipped its prerequisites due to positive favor with our instructor, but there is still a ton of personal studying I have yet to do to properly prepare. x_x I have a book to revise and additional study of bird identification to further qualify myself for an internship... bleck, curse you, procrastinating nature of mine. Ah well, it's been a great summer, and these extra preparations should come easy and manageable, once I get in gear. ;P

AJ2000

Had a 3-hour lecture this morning. Wasn't that bad, quite fun actually. My professor knows how to be fun and engaging, so we don't doze off in class. However, he did give us a project due next week, which seems like it's impossible to do. We have to take pictures of someone we don't know (can't be friends, family, etc.), and then arrange them into three different magazine spreads. He was so specific on what the subject had to be. No animals, just humans, and it can't be something nerdy (pictures of someone playing video-games are out of the question).

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Just finished reading a book I strongly disliked. 118 pages in two days. Nothing is worse than having to push through a book that you have no interest in.

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
My first day was OK , not much new same little old school, same classroom , same desk , same people, ..... Bla bla bla . Can't wait for highschool >.< ! The only new things were my new main teacher and other teachers.

Rakansen

ラルフ
My first day was OK , not much new same little old school, same classroom , same desk , same people, ..... Bla bla bla . Can't wait for highschool >.< ! The only new things were my new main teacher and other teachers.

Haha, I started high school this year and all I can say to you now is that you should cherish every moment of middle school. High school's an entirely different place, but there's also so much freedom compared to middle school, it has its pros and cons.

:::

Today was my second meeting for the anime club and the first meeting where we actually watched an anime. We watched Free! due to popular demand, but we'll watch Angel Beats next...

Kacho

You are next.
hahah, I hope so, too. At which sites did you end up sampling?

Just shy of two weeks until school starts. I am entering an advanced science course having skipped its prerequisites due to positive favor with our instructor, but there is still a ton of personal studying I have yet to do to properly prepare. x_x I have a book to revise and additional study of bird identification to further qualify myself for an internship... bleck, curse you, procrastinating nature of mine. Ah well, it's been a great summer, and these extra preparations should come easy and manageable, once I get in gear. ;P

a park near me

Rakansen

ラルフ
Today was an okay day, I had to help a lot of people in my tech class with spreadsheets because they struggled with calculations, but I've never been good at them myself. After that I had to work on desktop publishing. Since it was homecoming week we had a special dress-up day, so today was a patriotic day in honor of 9/11. I ended up wearing a shirt I received after touring the U.S.S. Midway in my trip to San Diego last year.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Oh boy. I have my first AP Bio test tomorrow. Honestly I don't think it will be too hard but we'll see how it goes. I'm loving the class so far.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Our 3rd long exam in Chemistry is today.. I think my mind is supersaturated with Alpha values and derivations! Gosh.. I'm feeling the worst case scenario here. Got to practice more about derivations though.. I still got to practice more on computations. Hope I can make it through the passing scorers..*sighs*

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I have a big psychology research study which I have to write up in a couple of weeks, but I really don't want to do the study. It's in the relationships section, and none of the suggested topics really appeal to me, so I'll either have to come up with something fun or just take any one which comes my way. Either way, I'll probably end up making up the results in because I am sure as hell not going onto the streets of London and asking people why they think older woman prefer younger men.

725roy

ambivolent
My Calc class isn't very hard yet. It's funny, It's full of seniors on the slide.

ebevan91

Speaking of calculus (business calc for me), I regret going 3 years without taking a math class in college. We're doing early calculus stuff like slope and functions and I don't remember any of this stuff.

Kacho

You are next.
so I have one stat exam next week that I need to know how to use excels and which stat functions to best describe data and stuff, lol.

I also inoculated my soil sample. I hope I got something :p

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
Using MATlab, and we're learning the basics of how to write code using matrices, transposing them, creating function handles and all that good stuff!

Can't wait to go more in depth with this program and hopefully we may start plotting them by next week.

Last edited:

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
So, today I went to my class presentation, you know, those things where we meet the homeroom teacher like a week before school actually starts.

It's sorta funny but also kinda depressing seeing your friends looking all better than ever, because they've been doing the things they wanted to do and they enjoyed them while you look like a washed up hack because you had zero to do. The fact that I was still counting sheep by the time my dad came back from work to pick me up probably didn't help either.

Also I love our schedule already, free afternoon for four days of the week, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Using MATlab, and we're learning the basics of how to write code using matrices, transposing them, creating function handles and all that good stuff!

I heard MATHlab is quite a good tool for plotting stuff and the like. I tried it too last sem..XD.

I got my result of our start-of-term exams.. and it's frustrating! *Improving though compared from our end-of-term exam from last sem. Our today's exams were so depressing!

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
My English teacher is super scatterbrained, but hopefully I'll get a good grade. I need to freaking get out of a CC already.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Done with my first week back! I like all my classes and teachers, but some of the classes will be hard to do really well in. I just have to get back into the swing if things I guess, and then it won't seem that tough.

ebevan91

My English teacher is super scatterbrained, but hopefully I'll get a good grade. I need to freaking get out of a CC already.

I'm on my 5th year at CC. I liked it at first but I'm tired of it now.