• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
I heard MATHlab is quite a good tool for plotting stuff and the like. I tried it too last sem..XD.

I got my result of our start-of-term exams.. and it's frustrating! *Improving though compared from our end-of-term exam from last sem. Our today's exams were so depressing!

It is! MATlab is an excellent tool (next to Python) and is widely used and recommended in lots of industries out there today!

And "tried"? Haha what happened?

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
okay so i've officially completed 2 weeks of college! and it already feels like a lot :/

Calc 3: just... no. it's not even that i can't grasp the concepts. it's just... ain't nobody got time fo dis. but seriously, i have too much going on, and my teacher, while nice, confuses me and makes me lose hope

General Chemistry: this is my most important class because I wanna be a doctor. We've only done the first 2 chapters (which I know all too well from my summer program), and my recitation professor thinks I'm awesome; so far so good

Expository Writing: ugh I'm sick of this class already. the reading assignments are interesting and short, which is perfect, but I don't wanna right papers, nor do I feel that I have to. yes, the written portion of the MCATs is like 50% of the test, but I'll focus on that my junior year. Obviously, I'm gonna make an effort because it's Expos, i.e. it's a required course and I have to do well to get into med school.

Marching Band: yes, this is a class, and for it only being 1 credit, it's a lot of work. I have a game tomorrow, and game days usually last about 10 hours! So that's my extracurricular life for the next 3 months.

Music Theory: I've only done one lesson because it's an online course, but I'm excited for this class. I hope it's not too hard, or there's gonna be a problem with my GPA.

My downtime: studying, watching TV, more studying, errands, more studying... for those of you in high school or primary school, enjoy your childhood while you still have it. AND ENJOY SLEEP! it becomes a privilege.

This message has been brought to you by flamebeam. Peace out, ya'll

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
It is! MATlab is an excellent tool (next to Python) and is widely used and recommended in lots of industries out there today!

And "tried"? Haha what happened?

I see.. so that's why our Prof. recommended it so much! haha. Anyway, I did tried and it was super effective. But the menus/options were confusing me out..haha

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I started school a week ago, and I've already had eight tests, had to read and entire book, and I was given over seven hours of homework this weekend. On top of that, I still have to find time to study for SATs. AP courses suck.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I started school a week ago, and I've already had eight tests, had to read and entire book, and I was given over seven hours of homework this weekend. On top of that, I still have to find time to study for SATs. AP courses suck.

how do you have 8 tests in 2 weeks? no, really, break that down, because i've never heard of that in my life

anywho, I'm on serebiiforums when I should be working on homework because I have 4 classes on Mondays. hooray for bad decisions!

Moneyy

INACTIVE
how do you have 8 tests in 2 weeks? no, really, break that down, because i've never heard of that in my life

I meant quizzes and tests, I guess. I had only three tests and the rest were quizzes. Still pretty difficult in my opinion.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
It's been a few months since I graduated from High School, an I must say, I somewhat miss school. School, to me, was something that I always knew was there. I wouldn't wake up in the morning and wonder "what is today going to be like." I miss that concrete feeling of knowing what the day is going to bring. I miss knowing what tommorrow would be. Once you're out of school, you just don't know anymore. Plans could change in the blink of an I, and that is something that I don't like. It was always relaxing to me to know that I ha something that would not change, something that would always be there for me.

TL;DR- School is always there for you, so appreciate it while you can.

anywho, I'm on serebiiforums when I should be working on homework because I have 4 classes on Mondays. hooray for bad decisions!

I'm sure most people here should be doing their homework instead of posting.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

That would be me if I actually got homework on a regular basis. Which is crazy considering I'm in college now, especially where I'm at. I better enjoy that before classes start changing that on me.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I am terrible at writing (At least for school) and about half of my assignments are writing assignments. On top of that, four of my classes have us write a (mandatory) paragraph about something before class to "get our minds working."
It's like I have a mental block regarding school writing.
Even a simple question such as "Describe a market economic system" is difficult for me, even though I know how how a market economic system works.

Last edited:

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Well this year's start was a rather bumpy ride. You see, my very first class had to be on one of those classrooms that are really easy to forget about because you've never really had classes there or even went near it. Because of this, it took me a while to find it. Then, when I arrived, I found out that apparently there was a classroom switch and I nearly randomly hopped on a 12th grade economy class. No thanks.

Then when I finally arrived to the damn classroom, you had to do one of those sheets where you're supposed to write about yourself and I took out one of the pens that my parents said they had on their drawer and apparently worked fiiiiiiiiiiine. Guess what, it didn't. Couldn't write **** with it, had to borrow a pen on my first day already. That's gotta be a record.

And that's not even the end of it. Afterwards we had to like to like vote for the class delegate. But you see, I'm not a very bright person so I flunked last year. Because of this, I didn't know anybody in my class, not even their names. So I kinda just wrote a random name and hoped for the best. Thank god my vote slipped by or I would've annoyed my teacher even more than I already was. The man seemed like a rather easy person to piss off too so I might have to watch my back, haha.

But aside from that little rocky start, it was fine, I guess. I still hardly know anybody, although I did manage to get along with a couple of the guys so yay.

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!

okay, but there's a difference between not doing homework in high school and not doing it in college. in high school, it was like "oh wellz". but in college, it adds up quickly, you fall behind in class, your GPA falls, and you can kiss your dreams of med school goodbye. luckily, I've only been on sppf for a few minutes, and I only have one class tomorrow (after my hectic 4-class day of hell today), so I'm doing well... for now

General Nonsense

Star Glider
The freaking fire alarm went off in my dorm at 2 AM. Apparently someone accidentally left something on the stove and it burned. Now I am really tired on the day I need to study for an exam. -_-

Moneyy

INACTIVE
okay, but there's a difference between not doing homework in high school and not doing it in college. in high school, it was like "oh wellz". but in college, it adds up quickly, you fall behind in class, your GPA falls, and you can kiss your dreams of med school goodbye.

Sounds like high school to me.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Sounds like high school to me.

I think it varies from person to person. For me, it feels just like high school, only with much more free time, and depending on your classes, more work. I still have plenty of time to mess around and still do my work, so it really depends on what you're studying and how you study.

ebevan91

I remember in my pre-algebra class in 8th grade, our teacher assigned homework every week and never took it up once. Then at the end of the school year, he said to take all of our homework from throughout the year and turn it in. I was so screwed because I only did the homework MAYBE 2 or 3 times. My grade ended up being a low C because of that.

Then in college my business calc class gets assigned homework every day but it's never taken up for a grade. It's just to help us prepare for tests.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I remember in my pre-algebra class in 8th grade, our teacher assigned homework every week and never took it up once. Then at the end of the school year, he said to take all of our homework from throughout the year and turn it in. I was so screwed because I only did the homework MAYBE 2 or 3 times. My grade ended up being a low C because of that.

Haha, I'm surprised your grade only went down to a C, actually.

In my Honors Geometry class we're doing something similar to that, except our homework is collected after every chapter and is only graded on whether you turned it in or not.

:::

Not much things happened today, I had a substitute teacher for both physical education and English, but the two surprisingly turned out to be stricter than my actual teachers. During anime club today we watched the first two episodes of Angel Beats, it was a pretty good anime but it was very confusing, I'm planning on watching it though since it's only thirteen episodes.

I got an e-mail from the president of the video gaming club, it seems as though we'll finally have our first meeting this Friday!

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
In my junior year English class, I spent pretty much the entire year of that class playing my DS. My teacher never suspected anything and I sat maybe a few desks away from her. I guess that if she did know she probably didnt care considering how well I was actually doing on that class, despite my apparent lack of attention due to me playing Pokemon all year. And she also caught me giving answers to a quiz to one of my friends in the class. Never got in trouble for that either. God she was chill.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I'm taking Invertebrate Biology this semester, and we have to catch 50 different invertebrates.

If thats not bad enough, we have to freeze them, and pin them on a collection display ...

I dont even know why i chose this subject ...

Celeb¡

Making Mega Celebi
Ouch. Not something I'd like. 50 different invertebrates isn't exactly common... are you sure the school isn't out of it's mind?
I never had to do anything like that, other than maybe collect 10 different types of flowers in a week.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm taking Invertebrate Biology this semester, and we have to catch 50 different invertebrates.

If thats not bad enough, we have to freeze them, and pin them on a collection display ...

I dont even know why i chose this subject ...

That seems like a large assignment, but it's really not. You probably see 50 different invertebrates every day and don't even think about it. Every different species of insect, bug, or crustacean you see in a day is a different type of invertebrate. You can walk outside an collect ants, snails, millipedes, ladybugs, bees, wasps, crane flies, mosquitoes, water bugs, LOTS Of spider species, crickets, grasshoppers, termites, pillbugs/roly-polys, more beetles species than you can imagine, lots of butterflies and moths, cicadas, and worms. If you live near the ocean, you can collect crawfish, crabs, oysters, starfish, sand dollars, sea biscuits, and lots of mollusk species. You could honestly collect more than 50 species of JUST beetles or spiders in your backyard.

Plus, you're allowed to collect any invertebrate. The Entomology class that was offered at my college had a required insect collection that had to have at LEAST 100 different insect species. No one who has taken the class has ever had a problem collecting 100 different insects, because there are just so many, no matter where you live. My point here is that it seems like a lot, but it isn't when you really start looking for invertebrates.