• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

It doesn't help that games are hella expensive here ;;

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I need to manage my time better/staph being so lazy.

I have a one page paper (2 technically, but double spaced.) due at 1 pm today about dumpster diving in relation to hunting and gathering. (Exactly what it says on the tin. Seriously.)

I know it's not impossible in the least, but I really ought to do this stuff sooner... :X

I dun know if I can even print it out here cause my owl card ain't working :<...

I'll figure it out somehow though. I just wish they didn't have such complicated systems for paying for printing...(Can't I just use my dollar instead of needing to put said dollar on my owl card, which doesn't even work at the momment? D:<...)

/rant about school.

Kacho

You are next.
so in one of my exam, my professor gave me points for funny answer :)

But I need to properly answer questions next time

Rakansen

ラルフ
so in one of my exam, my professor gave me points for funny answer :)

But I need to properly answer questions next time

Haha! My English teacher does the same thing. He gives special commentary on your essays when you put in funny jokes.

TheEliteEmpoleon

It's been a stressful week. I had so many tests and quizzes, I lost count. On top of that, it was spirit week, and pep rally was today. It was okay, but I thought last year's was better. I'm glad its over, because all I want to do now is sleep.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Aaargh my first chem exam is this upcoming Wednesday and if I wanna go to med school then I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO get an A, which means I have to be in the top 10 percent because they're curving it so that only those people get A's (that's like 240 people)! The pressure is ON!

In other news, I have to work on my paper, but I'll let you know when I start giving a s*** about expository writing. SPOILER ALERT: never.

Buh, Uni is kind of a pain.
It's like, socially required to drink alcohol to make any friends.

If it makes you feel better, I entered college at 18 and didn't start drinking until I was 21 (because I live in the United States and 21 is the drinking age here), and I made tons of friends in college. I also had lots of friends who either drank very rarely or not at all, and I went to a small college (~2000 students). So I promise you that at a big Uni, there are people who don't drink.

I'm in a school of roughly 40,000 and I don't drink. I have friends who don't drink, either. That doesn't mean I haven't been offered shots in my hallmates' rooms. It also doesn't mean that I felt like I had to accept their offers. Personally, I never needed to alcohol to have fun. Besides, people usually don't ask more than once or twice if you want anything. Any more times than that and they're being an ***hole.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
What I should be doing: Studying for a physics exam and chem lab exam this upcoming week.

What I am doing: Watching football and lurking on Pokemon forums.

Procrastination, gotta love it.

On a side note, I had my first chem lecture exam last week. It was tougher than I expected, so I hope I did okay...

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Anyone know of any good online AP courses?
I really need to get AP credit since I'm really against going to the Community College down my street.

LonelyLittleCubone

Content Breeder
Anyone know of any good online AP courses?
I really need to get AP credit since I'm really against going to the Community College down my street.

I took some AP online my junior highschool year through the online school program, Connections Academy. I'm not sure what the policies on it are though.

Mew The Gato

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
School has commenced. It is the calm before the storm. I must mobilize my sense of productivity before the quarter explodes in my face.

school's been pretty good for me except for my biotech class because i keep falling asleep in it because i have it right after lunch :/ i might end up failing it cause i have no idea what's going on. maybe i shouldn't eat lunch. what do you guys think?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
school's been pretty good for me except for my biotech class because i keep falling asleep in it because i have it right after lunch :/ i might end up failing it cause i have no idea what's going on. maybe i shouldn't eat lunch. what do you guys think?

If you don't eat lunch, you will be MORE lethargic and more confused than you already are. Most of the calories you burn during a school day are used for energy to keep your brain alert and functioning. That's why you can be so hungry when you go home, even though you may not have exercised a whole lot and just sat in class all day. If you don't eat lunch, your body won't have the energy to keep your brain alert and thinking, and you will actually do worse in school.

The same goes for sleeping. Many studies have been doing showing that students who study a moderate amount AND get a good night's rest will consistently do better on tests than students who study all night and don't sleep. Your brain "reviews" information while you sleep and remembers it better the next day if you sleep. If you don't sleep, your brain doesn't get a chance to do this and is less likely to be able to recall information.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
It's our practical exam in lab today! why am I here?. I am just too worried about things that will happened.. specially to what lab exercise we will get. I just hope it wasn't a double indicator activity..hmmpf.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So about two hours ago, my campus experienced a widespread power outage, apparently as a result of an exploding generator. 30 minutes after my class ended (which was when the outage started) another issue was sent out saying that classes were cancelled. Too bad I finished classes already. :p

The school's wi-fi is supposedly down right now but...I'm right here...posting this. I don't exactly know how the internet is down if I'm on the school's wi-fi at the moment.

EDIT: To those interested, this is the specifics on that.

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Well, teachers are striking so I get a day off. Not going to be spending it doing too much work, though =p

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I'm having a bad day in our practical exam in our lab today. I just got home and I still need to wake early tomorrow. We still got problem sets to finish and I haven't started solving today!. Kinda frustrating because we'll have another long exam this Friday. Exams in analchem every once in a week is a bit stressful when you're not ready and prepared for it. and I feel it's the end of the sem for me.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So, I had my first college midterm today for Calculus. I didn't start studying until yesterday, but I think it's totally possible for me to get a perfect score. I'm not expecting it to be a perfect score, but I'm confident I did well. Now to wait for the results.

Also, during our Rhetoric lecture, we had a quiz on a reading by Frederich Nietzsche called "On Truth and Lie in an Extra-Moral Sense." The first question asked what Nietzsche said about free will. If by chance anyone here read that piece and remember it, you know he never said anything about free will. So that simplest answer to the question was "nothing." So much trolling and people trying to explain what he said about free will, though I managed to get it right. :p

ebevan91

So, I had my first college midterm today for Calculus. I didn't start studying until yesterday, but I think it's totally possible for me to get a perfect score. I'm not expecting it to be a perfect score, but I'm confident I did well. Now to wait for the results.

I barely passed my first calculus test this semester :/

I have always been horrible at math. My best grades were always in history, english, and some science and computer related classes.