• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
School starts next week and I just got my schedule for the fall semester. Not looking forward to going back but oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Well... so things didn't work out exactly as planned with my school schedule. Long story short, my paperwork got messed up and now I'm locked out of my writing class until next quarter, and on top of that, genetics filled up before I could register. Luckily, I did manage to get into o-chem, calc 3, and this history class that fulfills some humanities requirement that everyone at the school has to take (I didn't know it was a thing until I got accepted...). Not thrilled about having to go to class Monday-Friday, and I have some odd gaps in my schedule, but at least I'm not sitting 50 spots down on a wait list right now, so I'm thankful for that.

Sheepy Lamby

Back to college on Wednesday to continue human resources, and also undecided because the college is giving two options to transfer my credits to university.
The problem is $$$$, I don't wanna get into student loans and universities are expensive (to me)
Sadly, now the number of diplomas, titles and certifications matter over experience; unless you have well positioned friends.

ebevan91

Back to college on Wednesday to continue human resources, and also undecided because the college is giving two options to transfer my credits to university.
The problem is $$$$, I don't wanna get into student loans and universities are expensive (to me)
Sadly, now the number of diplomas, titles and certifications matter over experience; unless you have well positioned friends.

Reminds me of this:

>applying for entry level position
>application says 10+ years experience in said field required

Sheepy Lamby

Reminds me of this:

>applying for entry level position
>application says 10+ years experience in said field required

LOL, U r right!
Lobbying is now the best way to find jobs, and let me tell you... college is a waste of time unless they offer you co-ops (but they have to place you)

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
The school year begins for me on Wednesday woop woop *note the sarcasm* so my time on here will be very limited as I need to focus on my studies more then SPPF. I'm not sure when I'll be back but I will be.

Try not to miss me too much, guys.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Well, my long, long summer is starting to draw to a close. On the 20th I'll be going to university and leaving all my friends and family behind. (At least those who don't have Skype).

TheEliteEmpoleon

Welp, junior year starts tomorrow for me. I'm actually looking forward to it; my first AP classes, being an upper classman, and because this summer has been crap. I'm looking forward to moving on. The one class I'm really excited for is Physics, though I heard some of it is pretty hard.

Keysmash

buys meat
First day of school today. No real timetable to mention, since my school is non-semestered, though I do have 4 academic courses (the maximum, iirc) in a day, with P.E., Business, and the whole load on the other, including Band. Splendid...

So, math test tomorrow. This place sure doesn't pull its punches. And no calculator allowed, either... just how ancient is this?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So, math test tomorrow. This place sure doesn't pull its punches. And no calculator allowed, either... just how ancient is this?

That's actually really common in universities, as far as I know. I'm taking Multivariable/Vector Calculus and we don't use calculators either (and our school is among the most elite of the elite when it comes to math). I think it has something to do with the fact that it's easier when problems aren't reliant on calculators both for you and for graders, but there could be something else to it that I'm missing. Either way, nobody likes finding a number like 47/13 or 4.319191 in their final answer.

Sheepy Lamby

That's actually really common in universities, as far as I know. I'm taking Multivariable/Vector Calculus and we don't use calculators either (and our school is among the most elite of the elite when it comes to math). I think it has something to do with the fact that it's easier when problems aren't reliant on calculators both for you and for graders, but there could be something else to it that I'm missing. Either way, nobody likes finding a number like 47/13 or 4.319191 in their final answer.
Vector Calculus? That is cool. I studied electrical engineering and took some advanced courses on calculus. You have to know it in order to study an solve 3 variable problems and apply them to R^4 and plus.
Math topics like that are interesting and the best part is you have to rely more on your brain than a calculator. Good luck!
Taking about calculators, last semester I took an accounting course and it was depressing to see many dudes needing calculators to multiply single digit numbers... super-depressing

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
First day of school today. No real timetable to mention, since my school is non-semestered, though I do have 4 academic courses (the maximum, iirc) in a day, with P.E., Business, and the whole load on the other, including Band. Splendid...

Every maths course I've encountered has had both a calculator and non-calculator exam paper, except for one which was more leaning towards the statistical side. I guess it depends on the topics.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
My senior year of college begins this afternoon. I am on a quest to make some friends and perhaps go on some dates for the first time in my life. I go to film school and I must admit that there have not been many attractive girls in the school, but I have also not had a friend since early highschool, so I'm hoping to get some friends, meet people, and improve my life! I hope you all will be here to help me along the way, haha

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Well all my classes from last year got split up so no-one knows anyone else in their classes at the moment and it's incredibly awkward.
I somehow landed myself with the head of the film and media department for 6 1/2 hours a week...or at least I did until we all realised that our film class was way too big so now he's kicked me over to the other class (co-incidentally where my two crew members from last year's coursework are...and the cute transfer student from Switzerland). I still have him for 3 hours of media studies but I can cope with that...just.

Haven't actually had a creative writing class yet and I'm slightly nervous as I'm a 2nd year student in a 1st year class. Speaking of which, I forgot how crowded my college is when all 1,700 students are in. And of course none of the first years know where they're going yet as it's only the 3rd day of class...I've had to direct five students in a three minute period whilst waiting for the corridor to clear out. >_< although this has provided my friends with this new game called "spot the first year". We're so cruel.

TheEliteEmpoleon

First day of school... There are pros and cons to every one of my classes and teachers, from what I can tell. The cons seem to outweigh the pros in most cases, sadly. I'm really upset about probably having to drop a class that I worked hard and auditioned to get in to, just so I can satisfy the stupid lab requirements set by the state. My school over-complicates everything.