• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

ebevan91

Ugh I hate night classes especially since I live off campus and it's like a 20 minute drive.

I can't wait to get out of high school. I think college is going to be awesome.

Deadly.Braviary

Where I live, you graduate high school after the 10th grade board exam and then you do 11th and 12th grades after which you take another set of exams. The board exams are taken in February for most curricula from our country. However, I'm taking an international level curriculum (IGCSEs), which can be taken in May or in November. If we took them in May '15, we wouldn't get the results in time to get admissions to our new schools (most people change schools after 10th), so we did two subjects in May '14 and we're doing the other six in October and November '14. After that, we're basically out of school until our new schools start (sometime next year in June, most likely). So those of us who are doing the IGCSEs have holidays for ~6 months. Our batch (both IGCSE and local curriculum) graduates in February of next year, so basically we're having our board exams earlier to avoid complications with admissions.

TL;DR busy preparing for exams from the end of the month 'til November, after which ~6 months of vacation

~Deadly

Zora

perpetually tired
physics gre today.

It wasn't as ridiculous as I thought it was gonna be, but still pretty ridiculous. Well, I'll find out how well I did in a few weeks.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
I spent my afternoon editing my film studies presentation script and the stupid annotated catelogue to go with it.
It really shouldn't have taken 4 hours but I ended up sat here debating whether "pathing" was a word for god knows how long.
Ah the life of an a-level student.

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
Two tests in Music tomorrow, one written, one played. I've put off the technical test for almost a week now, somehow, though it'll (hopefully) be a breeze. The theory test I know for sure will be grade-school level material, so no worries about that (though I have lost marks on ridiculously basic components...).

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Had my first midterm today in chem. I'm confident that I did pretty well; there really wasn't anything that caught me off guard (though I had to stop and think about some of the questions for a minute or two). Also found out this afternoon that I got an A on my history paper, so I'm feeling good right now. Hopefully I'll continue the trend with my calc 3 exam on Friday.

Keysmash

buys meat
Some short student-teacher conferences today about my progress in classes. Though, whereas I have four classes this day (that means another four conferences tomorrow... joy) I only got one conference done, for Tech (which I did pretty good on). The other three were left off because we ran out of time, the teacher deemed it unnecessary, and the teacher thought to put it off until after report cards.

So, not many things done today. Though, it's time for me to start on the ISU for Trig... screw accelerated curriculum. :(

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
So I missed all of Friday's classes as well as yesterday's. I was a little worried that I had missed a lot of material. Psshhh....yeah right. Nothing happened. As always, teachers just wasting time away right before exams. They should just tell us not to come until exam day. Anyway, in general, school is great. I hope it stays that way until winter break.

ebevan91

Systems Analysis test today. The professor kinda told us what was going to be on the test but he was very vague at the same time.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I have one week to revise for an upcoming Spanish speaking assessment. I assume I do this more than once throughout the year but if I do it right I have 30% of my Spanish GCSE right there. Which is nice to have, especially when it's easier early on. I'm expected to achieve an A-A*, although I think I'll probably achieve a B at best since I cannot revise for Spanish. I have an idea of what to do - read the paragraphs (there're 8 of them) every night for an hour or so (since when you're about to sleep your mind is focused on less and I guess you'd have that in your head when you're sleeping? I don't know) and every day re-write the paragraphs as close to my original as possible, noting down any key words I forget or mispronounce so I can go over them again. If I do this maybe I'll do well. But it's hard you know? Does anyone here have a particular way of revising for foreign languages? This is mainly for curiosity rather than me looking for actual techniques (although if I like them I might try them).

Togia

The Gawd
These 9AM classes will be the death of me. Even after a full nights sleep I just can't seem to focus well enough in morning classes. And the morning rush on the train is the worst!

ebevan91

These 9AM classes will be the death of me. Even after a full nights sleep I just can't seem to focus well enough in morning classes. And the morning rush on the train is the worst!

I hate early morning classes. I had been doing 8AM classes for the first several semesters of college. Now I'm doing 9:30 AM classes. Next semester I have days where I don't have class until 1PM. The other days are 9:30AM though...

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Have spent the last 3 1/2 hours preparing my official "cheat sheet" for my math midterm tomorrow. I hope it pays off, because I wasn't able to go to the review session my TA held last night. At least I got a 145/150 on my chem midterm - that was a nice little boost of confidence.

Kacho

You are next.
Have spent the last 3 1/2 hours preparing my official "cheat sheet" for my math midterm tomorrow. I hope it pays off, because I wasn't able to go to the review session my TA held last night. At least I got a 145/150 on my chem midterm - that was a nice little boost of confidence.

good luck lol.
sometimes i feel like the luck in one class don't carry to another class....

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
good luck lol.
sometimes i feel like the luck in one class don't carry to another class....

Thanks ^_^ Actually, I think I ended up doing pretty well on the midterm. Turns out the questions were a lot more straightforward than I thought they were going to be. Thankfully there were no limit problems or 3D graph problems - those really suck lol.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
I have two short answer essays for my African American Lit class and a Specification Document for my Object Oriented Analysis & Design class all due on the same day. Somebody please kill me.

Keysmash

buys meat
Everyone and their dog is out on Wednesday but I didn't hand in my form so I'm technically supposed to attend school... I don't know if I should go or not. There wouldn't exactly be 'classes' anyway, but there's some things in the school library I wanted to check out. Should I wake up early to go? Should I...?