• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

NotABeginningTrainer

Have spent the last 3 1/2 hours preparing my official "cheat sheet" for my math midterm tomorrow. I hope it pays off, because I wasn't able to go to the review session my TA held last night. At least I got a 145/150 on my chem midterm - that was a nice little boost of confidence.
In my experience, when I'm allowed to do that, the more I write down, the less I actually need it. This is because just the act of putting it on paper is studying. But if I don't bother to fill out a sheet I usually do worse.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
My exams start on the day ORAS come out, I just don't know how to feel

thunder2910

Loves pizza

John Madden

resident policy guy
statistics exam in two days

after that, it's all papers all the time until december 4

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Checked my grades this morning and found out I got 100% on my math midterm heck yeah. Now I just need to focus on my history midterm in two days, and then this round of testing will finally be over.

In my experience, when I'm allowed to do that, the more I write down, the less I actually need it. This is because just the act of putting it on paper is studying. But if I don't bother to fill out a sheet I usually do worse.

I've noticed this as well. I always end up writing down a whole bunch of stuff that never gets covered, and/or I've already memorized the most important formulas so I don't have to look at the sheet much. Like you said, it's an effective study tool by itself, but I figure it's there for me if I really need it.

My exams start on the day ORAS come out, I just don't know how to feel

I know that feel. I have a midterm on the day the games come out and another one three days after that. Darn school getting in the way of bigger priorities >_<

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So turns out both second year film classes are on track to get the worst grades in ten years. Whoops.
The head of dept is tearing his hair out and has been forced to give us another month to sort all our coursework out, mainly because the exam is one of the hardest a-levels to get an A on and we need all the coursework marks we can get. So that's one thing I'm going to be spending a lot of time on.
Also the same head of dept just dropped the media coursework brief on both classes and told us we have until next Tuesday to submit our first draft of our 2,000 word essay....which no-one has any idea how to write.

It's purely coincidental that I've developed insomnia these past few days but it's going to come in handy for doing all-nighter's in order to get all this done.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Last midterm of the semester coming up tomorrow, excited to get that done. Multivariable Calculus midterm on partial derivatives and double/triple integrals so conceptually it shouldn't be too bad. That said I don't feel prepared enough but I'm not going to worry myself too much about that. Partial derivatives and multiple integrals aren't very difficult to understand anyway.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Finally my history midterm is over. I think I did okay overall - most of the questions were pretty easy, but there were a few that I couldn't remember the exact term that was being asked for. There was also a short essay portion which I kind of threw together, but hopefully my answer was satisfactory enough.

Now I get to relax until next week when I have to start studying for my second chem and math midterms... joy...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well my midterm didn't go over as well as I'd hoped, though I did walk in feeling less prepared than I could have been. Not going to worry about it too much though, all I can do now is worry about finals at this point, which won't be until mid December.

On a better note I got my results on my article on Latin American studies and I did well enough that I can afford to opt out of the second article and make this article 30% of my grade, as opposed to doing a second one and making both 15% of my grade. It works out beautifully since the first draft of this second article is due on Monday immediately after OR/AS, so I'm glad I can skip this article completely.

Keysmash

buys meat
Bio test Tuesday, but I'm not too worried. There's an awful lot of tests and assessments, but no true homework lately. I guess that's a good thing, but if it's not homework, I tend to have a lot of trouble getting myself to study.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
My media lecturer turned around to our class today and announced that we have to finish our coursework 2 weeks earlier than expected.
So that's a thing.
And my college wonders why their entire film and media student body is stressed out...

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Today, being a Tuesday, I usually only have one class to go to. But apparently the professor got sick today and she couldn't make it. So I had a day off. I'm loving today, I decided to start watching Pokemon from episode 1, and play Crystal along with it.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I just had two tests today, One Chemistry, the other my computer class. I really didn't want to take any of them since I was really annoyed this morning. I bet I did horrible on my computer one, but passed my Chemistry one......

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Damn, had my Biology exam today (last ones before finals) and wow, it was hard. I just hate how it was all of these stuff we didn't really talk about much and there were a lot of trick questions, so that was gahhh. I wish we had an easy one before the finals, you know?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Got a 19/20 on my history exam, which is higher than I was expecting. I hope that performance holds for my chem exam next week, because I'm feeling less confident about the newer material than the stuff on the first exam (which was mostly review). Stereochemistry is a b****.

facetious

facetious
My media lecturer turned around to our class today and announced that we have to finish our coursework 2 weeks earlier than expected.
So that's a thing.
And my college wonders why their entire film and media student body is stressed out...

That's what you deserve for going to "college," as opposed to university.

Film and media studies, huh? Wow, we've got a high flier ITT boiz.

ebevan91

Two exams this week and then I get to go home for Thanksgiving break on Friday =) About time, I really need the bread.

Yeah my Thanksgiving break starts on this Thursday and then I'm out until the Monday 2 weeks from now. HOWEVER... 2 of my classes have an exam on the day we come back from the holiday :|