• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
That's what you deserve for going to "college," as opposed to university.

Film and media studies, huh? Wow, we've got a high flier ITT boiz.

I should probably point out that I live in England and that I'm the equivalent of a senior in american highschool right now.
The reason I refer to it as college is because I go to a sixth form college which comes before university.
I actually have no intention of going to university whatsoever...

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
So, I got two of the classes I need for next quarter, which is amazing considering I had a horrible appointment time and there was only one spot left in one of the classes when I registered. I'll probably end up having to waitlist for the third class, but I'm just happy I got the two most important ones.

ebevan91

So, I got two of the classes I need for next quarter, which is amazing considering I had a horrible appointment time and there was only one spot left in one of the classes when I registered. I'll probably end up having to waitlist for the third class, but I'm just happy I got the two most important ones.

My university does registration online so as soon as that ***** opened up, I registered.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
My university does registration online so as soon as that ***** opened up, I registered.

Oh, I did mine online too. It's just that my university does this weird "first pass/second pass" thing where they restrict the amount of units during first pass, which I guess is supposed to help keep spots open for some of the more in-demand classes until second pass. I couldn't register for the third class I needed because I would have been half a unit over the limit, and I have to wait until the 29th to waitlist it. -_-

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Yeah my Thanksgiving break starts on this Thursday and then I'm out until the Monday 2 weeks from now. HOWEVER... 2 of my classes have an exam on the day we come back from the holiday :|

Ugh, that's the worst. I am probably going to have to work on the final draft of a paper over break since it's due a few days after break ends. Either way, not fun. At least I'll get to go home for a week and restore some of my sanity.

ebevan91

Is anyone in here in graduate school? More specifically Business Administration?

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Kinda stressing about the huge reading packet I just had to do for AP US– I've done enough that I can finish it in the morning/at lunch, but there were several answers I couldn't find and as this factors into my test grades I don't want it to drag down the test I took today. The multiple choice there was a little tricky because my teacher loves to catch us with little details and I know I screwed up describing the Blackhawk War (confused with the Seminole War and felt stupid), but I'm pretty confident about my essay and short answers.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So the UC committee recently approved a tuition increase plan for the UC system despite the obvious opposition to it. We've got a sit-in going on in one of the buildings on our campus right now to fight this and meanwhile I'm just in my room. It does suck though, tuition hikes are the last thing any student would ever want.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
So my exams started today, I had maths-tech free and English, both were easier than expected only problems being I had forgotten to graph a logarithm but luckily I figured it out before the reading time was over by mentally plotting points. These are my two easiest exams as I'm on an A+ for English and I excel at maths but I tripped up in my English exam. I had to write a context essay and forgot to link it back to the texts until I was writing the conclusion at which point I had to decide whether to drop marks for not linking it back, or for introducing new information in the conclusion. I chose the latter with my only piece on consolidation being that the top guy in our year completely forgot about linking back the context to the texts.
In other news I promised myself today is the only day I'll play Alpha Saphire till my exams are over which means that it is currently 10 to 1am where I live and after playing 6.5 hours I think it's time to go to sleep.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
You know, I don't remember the last time I had a great school year. I used to be such a school boy back in middle school. I've been doing poorly on most of my classes because I never get my assignments done on time. I'll never get my BAS this way, haha. I learn everything and my exams are great, but the homework kills me. Still, I haven't given up. Even after wasting 7 years coming out of high school, I'm still trying to get a degree. I got time. I have 4 and a half years left to finish 3 and a half years worth of classes. It's possible. I have the right attitude, I just have to change my habits.

Ninfia-Fan

I've finished all assessments for this year and have roughly three weeks left of year 10, then it's year 11 at another school, since my school is combined with two others to form a sort of college, but it's high school and not truly college. I've finished all assessment tasks, except for one in IPT, which is an accelerated subject and is to be completed over the holidays. Thing is, though, I don't really want to do it, but I know I have to.

I've gotten good results in the yearly exams and other assessment tasks, but I can't help but feel nervous that I won't do any good. I'm also worrying about the transition from Year 10 to 11 and the change in schools. I hope it won't be as tough as going from primary school to secondary/high school.

Darato

(o,..,o)
Need to do my final performance for theater on Wednesday.

Hoping for the best since my partner doesn't get we aren't superposed to be the ones laughing during it.

L.F.D.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
I received my book list for next year, unfortunately its going to cost a ton of money and 90% can't be bought second-hand because of the updated curriculum hence new textbooks and on top of that the course fees. Why must text-books be so goddamn expensive? >_>

I currently attend Baruch College in New York City and am a fifth year student here. My only knock about it is that it is designed for you to stay well past four years to graduate. Also everything is so damn expensive seeing as how the school is literally in downtown Manhattan. The commute from the Bronx (where I live) can also be a hit and miss. I usually hang around Hunter College to compensate for the stuck up suits of a student body with lack of social lives.

EDIT**

Majoring in communications because I sucked at Calc and failed three times when it was a requirement for all business courses here LOL.

John Madden

resident policy guy
so i've got a policy analysis to write in the next 3 days

and i just got assaulted/robbed (well, mostly assaulted, police recovered what was stolen since i reported it basically instantly) so i'm not exactly in a solid mental state right now

this is going to be fun

Have an algebra final next week, and just did my Comp final this week. Ready for this to be over this semester.
Anyone else in a double-major? I'm doing cartography and engineering

ebevan91

I failed a class for the first time ever this semester. Business Finance. I missed the first exam because reasons and even if I made a 100 on the final exam, my average would be a 2 points away from passing. And I know I won't make a 100 because I never even came close to that in previous tests this semester.

Oh well.