• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
I'm fed up with my studies right now, but it's only because I'm not starting any classes for my major until next semester (despite being a second-year student; I'm very indecisive, but I finally decided that psychology and the sciences were not for me). Can't wait to start journalism and English. I've enjoyed writing since high school, so hopefully this will be a good fit for me.

As for grades, I'm projecting about a 3.5 this semester. Very proud of myself.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Anyone else in a double-major? I'm doing cartography and engineering

i'm probably doing a double master's in public administration + city/regional planning

(i say probably because i haven't gotten into the MCRP program yet)

so far it's looking like i'm gonna have at least a 3.5 in my first semester in the MPA program

with a decent shot at a 4.0

Queequeg

This has been the best semester of college so far. I have an excellent shot at a 4.0 despite taking 5 classes- 2 humanites, 2 BME and organic chemistry. I killed o-chem and will finish with one of the highest grades- that subject is perhaps my favorite thus far.

Next up is the MCAT in January. I feel ready.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Ahh winter break. I could care less about my final grades right now, I just want classes to be over. School is definitely not the same as a real life job. School stresses me out. And at work, at least I get paid, and I don't have to take work home.

Gotta love vacations, though. I'm gonna be playing 3rd gen PKMN like there's no tomorrow.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
First coursework deadline was reached today. As expected; my entire film class had a last minute meltdown and we seemed to bond together and get everything sorted. Which actually meant I nearly killed someone with a pen and had to show 4 people how to submit their essays online. The point is, it's done, no-one's failed as of this moment and we don't have to think about anything until January.
Now if only that were the case with my media coursework...

NotABeginningTrainer

Is this anyone else's finals week? 'Cause I just failed my Calculus 2 final. I'm going to have to retake it next semester, but I got some AP credits so I have some breathing room.

John Madden

resident policy guy
is this where I mention that I only have to try on two out of three of my remaining finals because I aced one class so preposterously hard

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
So because I could not find my phone
[7:07:30 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: I set my computer up with
[7:07:37 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: an online alarm clock for like 4:30 for extra study time
[7:07:46 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: and then woke up at 7
[7:07:48 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: and was like
[7:07:51 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: "da hell?"
[7:07:55 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: and I check my comp
[7:08:01 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: it restarted due to updates
[7:08:11 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: goddamnit

I need a real alarm clock zzzzzzzz

ebevan91

So because I could not find my phone
[7:07:30 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: I set my computer up with
[7:07:37 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: an online alarm clock for like 4:30 for extra study time
[7:07:46 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: and then woke up at 7
[7:07:48 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: and was like
[7:07:51 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: "da hell?"
[7:07:55 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: and I check my comp
[7:08:01 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: it restarted due to updates
[7:08:11 AM] Aife Rayna Barton: goddamnit

I need a real alarm clock zzzzzzzz

I love computers but sometimes I can't rely on them.

>Running late
>Gets in car
>"Oh sh- I forgot to print something out out"
>Goes back inside
>Turns on computer
>31 ****ING UPDATES ARE FINISHING INSTALLATION

Wednesday is kinda the Audiovisual design day for me (I study Media designer in community college)

We had animation class in the first period: We had to draw the person across the table.
Then we had Audiovisual class, where I have to make a montage with photos that change from colored photos to to Black and White with only a few parts of the photo in colours.
The next period was another Audiovisual class, where we had to edit multiple clips of a car chase into one scene, we also have to add green screen clips and sound effects in the montage.
(It's not gonna be a realistic movie scene, which the teacher already said before we started. )
The last period was Media Techniques, where we had to edit a sound clip of the teacher having an interviewed and cut out all the mumbling and coughing in Audition.
We also watched the movie Magnolia in that class.

Wednesday is my favourite day of college :U

It's really fun!

Navin

MALDREAD
Genetics test averages ended up low 70s for the semester. And the class is originally on a straight scale. I don't know if these professors are planning for most of us to get a C+ and ruin our GPA and med school chances or what. They said at the start of the term that most students get a B...don't even know how that's possible. #MichiganDifference

Zora

perpetually tired
Genetics test averages ended up low 70s for the semester. And the class is originally on a straight scale. I don't know if these professors are planning for most of us to get a C+ and ruin our GPA and med school chances or what. They said at the start of the term that most students get a B...don't even know how that's possible. #MichiganDifference

it's okay. I once had a final where the mean was 25% (and median was 26%). and the high was a 54%. ain't that something.

meanwhile, I should finish this EM final. even if I stopped caring about this class not long after it started.

ebevan91

Got my Systems Analysis & Design final today. It's not until 4PM and it isn't even 9AM yet. Gonna study and maybe play a little Dragon Age Inquisition in-between.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Met with my program coordinator about the other half of this dual degree program I'm trying to get into, now all I need to do is get through these next three finals and then write a personal statement sometime before Christmas

Vernikova

Champion
Signed up for my classes for next term. Nothing but History and English which is great.

Keysmash

buys meat
Got a B on my math test. Ehhh.

One more week until break, and teachers've crammed three or four tests in there. Not looking forward to next Monday...

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Only one more day of classes before finals next week (although all my classes are actually going to be review sessions, which is nice). I'm not too concerned about my math and history finals because I basically have 100% in both classes, but I screwed up on my second chem midterm, so I'm going to need over a 92% on the final to get an A in the class. Good thing I have the weekend and all of next week to study.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Two more days of classes, Monday & Tuesday, & I'll be done with this semester. n_n Hopefully I can do well enough on my cultural geography final to scrape by with a C in the class. I'm currently at a 66 with two tests done, & I turned in my project this past Tuesday that I hopefully did well on. All I need is a C for it to transfer, and I'll be happy if I get that; I'll be really thrilled if I score anything higher than that.

Rest of my classes I'm not worried about. I finished economics on the third, & I have an 88 in that class as my final grade, so a B, unless she decides to bump it up 2 points to give me an A; she said she'd be willing to do that if people were close to one grade or another & she felt they deserved it through showing up to class & participating. .-. I didn't really participate, but I never missed a class, so hopefully that gives me the two points to give me an A. n_n I have to write a paper for theatre still that's due Monday, take the final test in geography on Tuesday, & I have my oral exam for Spanish that's on Monday as well. Didn't do so great on the written part since I couldn't remember what some of the tenses were, but cumulative finals are the worst. n_n

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I passed my Literature final with a 93% and ended up excelling the class with relative ease. However on my Communication Skills final, I was the one of the five people who passed it in a class of fifteen students with me at #5 on the list. The score was a 70% which did save me from a 69% or lower overall but yeah I kinda fell behind the first half of the class (the lectures were a bit of a pain to keep up with). I was able to get back on track so that's great.