• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

I just had my English presentation, I almost got an A.
The teacher said I looked like a teacher when I stood there by the whiteboard.
And I got to record it, I didn't even prepare anything. Kinda just explained everything from a book I read lol

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Started second semester of my first semester in college! Okay so,
I'm really liking my Psychology and English class. My new biology is alright, but I heard the professor is pretty tough, so I better keep my eyes out. I didn't do bad in my first semester of bio, but considering the fact that I'm majoring in it my grade needs to be wayy higher, but I don't know how i'll do it with a tough grader. :(
But that's not my main concern. Then there's...dun..dun..dun...Organic Chemistry. Man, can't believe I thought general chem was a pain because this is worse.

I missed the train and the teacher asked why I was late and I said I was just late.
My teacher then said something about a getting a stick.
Hahahahah I don't know.

The first 2 periods were school project class: Me and 3 classmates are a graphic design "company" and we have to design a chewing gum brand.
The brand's name is "Chwe" and we have to think of a better name and try to think of a way how chewing gum can bring people together.

I had to make a paper display stand thing for the chewing gum package and the printer didn't work; I have to upload my stuff online to the college's printer but there was an error.
I walked through the entire building because I looked for the ICT people, administration etc.
Then I tried to manually print it via the college's local computers but it didn't work either.

I guess I have to print it when I'm home.

I have a lunch break now, I have math and Graphic design class later.
We have to remake 3 logo's in Illustrator, I looked at the logo's, I think it will be a challenge, but I can do it!
I got an A for making a vector art out of a photo of myself anyways :U

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
But that's not my main concern. Then there's...dun..dun..dun...Organic Chemistry. Man, can't believe I thought general chem was a pain because this is worse.

I feel you. Back when I was a first year (taking general chem) I told myself GenChem is hard, Organic Chemistry is a whole lot harder..huhu. Good Luck on your Organic Chemistry:)

It's Friday here and we had no classes (because of the PapalVisit) Hooray for the Long weekend!.The start of 3rd Trimester was ok I guess,.but with my current major subjects, I think it'll be a whole lot of challenge.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So the last two days were a blur of stress and emotional breakdowns.
I don't think we as a group of friends have had a more stressful period since the summer exams last year and all it's resulted in is two people not talking to each other and me being referred to the psychotherapist...
On the plus side: at least there's no pressing coursework deadlines I really need to worry about...

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I'm only taking two classes right now, due to not having enough funds and still waiting on some financial aid stuff to go through. Sooo, my Winter/Spring is gonna be about Judo and English. Obviously not gonna be too stressful, as a matter of fact throwing people around in Judo will probably be a nice de-stresser LOL. I don't have the books for English, and I probably won't even bother getting them at all since I can just reserve them at the library. No point spending $200+ on books that I can read while I'm at school for free anyway.

We have project week in college and I chose for Motion Graphics, we get taught how to work with After Effects & Cinema 4D :U

I made a super cool animation with a shape
and I had to make some kind of 10 second promotion for a Comedy Central or MTV show.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Welp, the first day of the semester AKA "Syllabus Day" is Wednesday. I got lucky with the scheduling this semester and all of my classes are afternoon/evening classes so no more waking up at 7AM to get ready for me.

Today was day 2 from the project week and a man who works for audiovisual company gave us tips and tricks on cinematography.
I also filmed the shots for my video.
Me and my friend have 2 different versions; In the second one I have special powers :U

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Finally got the media essay done...or at least to my standards. My lecturer may not share my opinion but at this point I don't think anyone really cares anymore we all just want to move on to the filming...which brings me to my next problem; how the heck I'm going to plan, film and edit a 5 minute music video in under 3 weeks.
Who needs sleep? I sure as hell don't.

Zora

perpetually tired
class starts next week and i finally get to register tomorrow. yippee. /sarcasm

but anyway, gonna register for (math-major level) statistics, group theory, senior lab II, some physics seminar, and numerical analysis. and then i get to graduate with my physics degree. and probably a math degree too.

ebevan91

Went to class, came out with an Eon Ticket! Also found some friends on campus that also play Pokemon. Kinda weird knowing that I talked to these guys every day and I'm just now discovering that some of them like Pokemon.

Last edited:
Today we had did motion tracking with After Effects and Cinema 4D.
It was frustrating.
First we didn't have Cinema 4D because my homeroom teacher was supposed to give us licenses last week and he never did.
Than a lot of stuff didn't go the way we wanted, it even frustrated the teacher.

I made something.
It's terrible lol

I don't have to go to college tomorrow.
A lot of my classmates won't go, I might go because I want to know what the people from the other workshops made.
There's also a party from 4 to 8.
I could do that or just spend an entire Friday doing nothing.

Last edited:

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
So after worrying about Financial Aid for the last month or so I finally got some good news. My current income bracket cuts down my tuition fee to less than half of what I would have to pay normally. Now I just have to pay it off before the end of the week and I can relax. Phew.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
After much planning to get back on track, I'm all set to start classes monday. I'm only taking two classes but I should be able to catch up with my classmates in a semester or two. I'm so far behind in credits...

So I went to the other college building to see what the other students made during project week.
Pretty cool, they also study audiovisuals but they focus more on filming than editing.
I'm the only person from my class that's here. lol

After the presentations there will be a party.

Sorry for the double post.

The party was pretty fun, there are students there who are also DJs.
I made some new friends, some old classmates from elementary school and high school go to the same college.
Before the party started, I hung out with the students at the mall.
They bought booze lol
Did you ever sit in a bus with drunk students? Hilarious!!

The music at the party was okay, those DJs made their own remix and there were either no drops or bad drops.
A teacher from my college was there and told me I could get extra points, or coins. Probably just coins because she introduced me to my college's Principal\Dean\Director\Boss person and he gave me a few extra coins to buy drinks.
I barely buy drinks though, I have an entire drawer full of coins from various clubs.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Just got through a particularly stressful week. Had three writing assignments and an o-chem midterm. I think I did pretty well on all of them, but I'll find out for sure next week. I also have a genetics midterm on Monday, but I'm so burnt out right now, I just can't bring myself to study for it. XD