• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Decided not to go to a party last night, I get a phone call just after midnight from my friend and apparently a lot of stuff happened which is going to make monday morning interesting. I feel bad for laughing but let's just say that karma slapped some people.

I have 3 weeks to film and edit a music video by myself for my media class, then straight after that I'm helping film a short psychological thriller for my film class oh and then there's the extra credit project that I have to plan, direct and film at some point...
So much filming, so little time.

My interactive design teacher wanted us to download FileZilla for his class, but the program contained a virus and most of my classmates can't start up their Windows now.

I chose for an advanced installation which was a good thing because I almost downloaded MacKeeper.

lol
Apple Power!!!! :U

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
My interactive design teacher wanted us to download FileZilla for his class, but the program contained a virus and most of my classmates can't start up their Windows now.

I chose for an advanced installation which was a good thing because I almost downloaded MacKeeper.

lol
Apple Power!!!! :U

Lol holy crap that sucks. I always, always go for custom installation, since a lot of the programs I download often wanna try and sneak in a toolbar or other extra junk.

Anyway, my week started off well. Got there early and practiced some music in the Music Hall's piano rooms. Judo was fun though, we learned quite a few interesting throws and pins, some of which you can execute from even a simple hugging position. I need to learn how to take slower steps though, since I usually rush and end up skipping a step. Almost twisted my wrist while I was flinging my friend over my shoulder. Then sensei put me in a headlock as a class demonstration. That old lady has a freakin vice grip LOL.

After Judo my friend and I went to the library and I helped her with a read and response paper. It always seems like my friends come to me for English help, hah. I still need to take my 101 class, since I couldn't finish it last semester due to not being able to afford the textbooks and reading materials. Hopefully I have the money to take it again in the Fall.

Lol holy crap that sucks. I always, always go for custom installation, since a lot of the programs I download often wanna try and sneak in a toolbar or other extra junk.

Hahahah, same! It's the best method.
The virus scanner of my friend even blocked that file.

Today I almost missed the train because the other train arrived and I had to play the irl version of Frogger on my way to the train.
First period was art class, my graphic design teacher walked in and said that she had a car crash, the boy was driving his scooter and was hospitalized.
He didn't have a scooter insurance and he had a stain on his lungs or something, the teacher started crying and asked us if we had some spare change for the scooter.
Everyone gave a few cents and I gave a five dollar bill because that was the only money I had in my wallet and if I didn't.give it, I would probably feel guilty about it later.
The teacher even shook my hand.
During Fulltime job studies class or something we filled in a form about the project week and a made a pie chart out of the hours that we spend doing everyday stuff.
The next period was graphic design class, we already finished all the assignments so we could catch up on homework, though most people just played video games and the teacher didn't really care about it lol
I can understand that since it's the student's own responsibility hahahah

We played an old baseball-ish game from elementary school, it was fun.
I caught 3 balls in one round, my team won lol
There were 11 students or something during that class, a lot of classmates skip the last periods nowadays.
I sat in the silence coupe in the train and a group of girls sat at the chairs where I sat as well, I was on Tapatalk and they were talking and started commentating on me typing on my phone.
Not to sound like someone who is complaining, but I came to the silence coupe for silence lol

Last edited:

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Today's the first day of the new semester of classes and I'm already hating it. My first class is personal finance, which is all well and good, but the teacher has a very slow, nasally voice, and we also have to do keyboarding on top of it. I'm already a fast typer and I know how to use the keyboard, as does everyone in the class. Yet he expects to spend two weeks just learning to type letters accurately. This'll be a great semester... at least there's psychology, that'll be great.

Sprinted to the train station, came in the train covered in sweat, eww.
I also forgot to check in at the train station but I didn't get caught, phew!
Today was the first day that I didn't wear a beanie at college, a lot of people thought I was someone else lol
During art class we had to finish the portait photos of each other.
People draw me with a mustache and beard now
It's weird, I'm not used to it hahahah!
During audiovisual class we had to show our short films.
I got 80 out of the 100 points, nice!
We looked at our car chase montage during the other audiovisual class, a lot of people laughed at mine because I added a MLG montage in it out of nowhere.
During media techniques class we learnt about the contents of a camera and pixels, I didn't have a notebook so I took notes on a small piece of paper, I got a headache but I could write down everything!
Then we watched part of the movie Colombiana.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Just filmed 4 hours of footage today for my media work. My guitarist was ill so I had to literally beg the swiss guy in my film class to step in at the last moment...thank god he did.
So now to edit it all together haphazardly until I film the other half of the footage over the weekend...and hope to hell I don't get murdered by my lecturer for it not being a "high enough standard."
ugh.

I was the first person to arrive in the class.
And I go to college by train, normally everyone is always waiting at the door but the entire room was empty.

It was spooky.

Last edited:

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Wow, that moment when your teacher starts about Schrödinger's cat. I finally understand it now.

John Madden

resident policy guy
First order of business: "After a review of your application, I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted into the MPA/MCRP dual degree program. Congratulations! From here we will need to fill out the dual degree form to lay out your coursework requirements and to make it official. Do you have some time in the next few weeks to come in to meet with me? My schedule is pretty flexible, so just let me know what works for you and we’ll figure something out."

Second order of business: "I sent you a teeny token of my appreciation for sharing the book pdf for our public finance class." (it's a $10 Starbucks gift card)

I'm havin' a good semester.

The first period was English class, normally we get taught stuff or watch movies etc but we just had to online assignments.
Nothing really happened in that class, my only memory is that I was hungry and my stomach made noises which I hope no one heard since it was very silent.

Then we had school project class, I tried to print out my homemade book display but it was printed on soft paper instead of hard paper.
I also worked on the animation where we have to make a one minute commercial that promotes our chewing gum.
I work with 3 other people, one drew the characters from my animation because she draws WAAAAY better than me and the other 2 are gonna do the voices of them so we all do something on the animation.
So far I got 4,5 seconds but it's not even the ending of the first sentence so that's cool.

During audiovisual class we watched the short films of all groups, there was a really a group that didn't make a short film but just a trailer but it's really Awesome!

After that we had Interactive design class and we made our own WordPress site with a custom theme and YouTube plugin.
The site is supposed to be serious and can be used as online portfolio.
Funny thing was that he said that after I showed him my site which contained a blog called "Test".
The blog itself said "The test works!!" with a stock photo of a scientist.
Good thing that I didn't embed my own YouTube videos heheheh!

There weren't that much students in Interactive design class, probably because of the the FileZilla virus incident.
They probably hate that teacher now even though he was just doing his job, he didn't know that the program contained a virus, me and my friends who have Windows either didn't get a virus or safely removed the virus so the students just did something wrong during the install progress lol

I'm currently at home watching Dexter, I should probably work on the animation and possibly on the favourite colour montage for audiovisual class, even though that's optional.
I'll do it after I watched all the episodes of the 3rd disk.

Zora

perpetually tired
so, more likely dropping my fluff labor studies course (which I registered for because it was easy points and I needed extra units) for a "philosophy of science" course through the philosophy department. This course actually looks like it might be fun.

Otherwise, I kind wish i kept some physics course for this semester since i'm taking mathematics courses instead... and find most math courses surprisingly boring.

V

Shiny Hunter
Um. I decided in art to use this fuzzy mannequin head as my subject for our project. Bad. Idea. It doesn't fit into either of my bags, so I'm just carrying it around campus with me. Charizard hat + Pink Floyd hoodie + mannequin head = a lot of wtf looks. *hangs head in shame* Uugh.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Man, taking Linear Algebra and Differential Equations alongside Discrete Math in one semester is turning out to be exactly what I thought it would be. There's so much to keep track of with two math classes, I'm glad I set up my semester so that I pretty much don't have to worry about any other class except those two. On the bright side I am enjoying both classes, though I'm liking Discrete Math more than I thought I would. So far, at least.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I'm falling behind again to my dismay, and sometimes I just don't know how I'm gonna make through life at this rate.

At least I'm not doing horrible overall tho... Nothing like last semester.

Got a test on monday to study for, first test of the year that isn't weekly math.

This was the last Friday of this semester.
I stayed up late because I was watching TV until 12am, so I missed the first train and came 15 minutes late in class.
During school project class I worked on my Flash animation. I finished the mouth animation of the first line but I decided to focus more on the general animation and I'll make a green screen animation for the mouths.
Also, one of the members dropped out of college so our group is smaller now and we have to do more work.
After that we had an Arithmetic test and I scored 1,2 points too low, I should've asked questions to the teacher but the thing is that I barely have the feeling that I don't know the answer.
I always write down answers with the thought that I got the correct answer.
It's so annoying how this always happens during Arithmetic class, my score is always a bit lower than average.
After Arithmetic class ended we went to the graphic design teacher and asked her what we were gonna do in class and she said that you could go home if you had good grades for the class, I stand a B as average grade for that class so when I heard that I could go I sprinted to the train station and went home lol

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So...I had a really bad day yesterday (Friday).
Only 2 out of 6 teachers in the media/film department were in. My class was "supervised" by the guy in charge of leasing out the college cameras who is known as a bad-tempered mule for various reasons.
Anyway, I had collected about 45 mins worth of usable film from my shoot on Wednesday and was struggling to figure out what to start off my music video project with. Two of my friends from another class were around so I asked one of them to come in and help me get started *note: NOT do the entire freaking project*. Literally two seconds after he sits down this mule of a "teacher" (in the loosest sense) jumps on me asking who this guy was and why he was here;
"Who are you?"
"He's just here to help me go through the shots - it's cool with his teacher"
"No, you have to do all of it yourself with no help from anyone, it's your A2 project."
he then effectively kicks my friend out.

The reason I have such a problem with it was yeah sure it's my project but editing a 4 minute video together without so much of an opinion from anyone is really difficult, my classmates were all working in pair or groups of 3 so I'm at a disadvantage anyway. My teacher is understanding and lets me have one or two people from outside of our class (but still within film/media classes) comment and help me on my work but this mule decides that he knows so much better than the freaking head of department so he basically reduced me to tears of frustration and stress because the deadline is THURSDAY and I've done nothing.

And then the rest of the day was just me breaking down repeatedly because of stress and immature first years trying to tell me they know everything...when they clearly don't and I wanted to hit them with a chair.
I then slept for 13 hours once I got home.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Got a B+ on both my chem and genetics midterms. Could be worse I guess.

On the bright side, my writing professor was very happy with the work I've done on my assignments so far, so that makes me feel a little more confident with my progress in that class.

I'm finally done with the general animation in Flash for our school project class.
The other members drew the the characters and recorded the voices so I still need to do the mouth animation, I also need to add sounds and music and edit it in Premiere pro.

Once again I'm late with handing in an assignment for Art class, there was a problem with the uploader but I'm not gonna use that as excuse since I was just late.
I'll just have one extra day of college next week where I hand in my CD cover, I rather do it that way than lying.

Tomorrow I have to present my work for school project class, this time we don't have to do it in front of our parents and hopefully not in front of the class.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Alright so i was taking an make up exam out in the hallways of my school.

Midway throughout the test, My phone began to ring. I had completely forgotten that i had brought it with me. So, naturally, I looked to see who it was calling me. My math teacher from last year suddenly appears right behind me. I was looking at my phone from out of my pocket. It looked suspicious AF.

My face then went red and she had come up to me and I was literally about to faint I tell you. She ended up giving me some factoids about History, which was part of the test I was taking.