• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

When I went to the train station I was worried that I would miss my train because the train already stood there and I thought it would leave any moment but then I saw that I was still early but I got in the train asap just in case.
The entire train was full and the other trains were delayed, no idea how the train ever managed to get to the train station but somehow it did.
The presentations of school project class were today and I had to present my product along with the other members of my "company"
It went well, people seemed to like my animation, there were some improvement points. Example: House style, there wasn't an actual logo, typography, color usage etc.
Once again I was a bit nervous, I was just standing for a long time so after a while my legs started shaking and actually to the point where I'm sure that people noticed me shaking lol
I'm glad that I managed to do the presentation in front of my class without any spaghetti falling out of my pants this time :U
(reference to a YouTube video)

Then we had some time to fix some of our stuff because we missed a few sketches etc.
The teachers were taking a break and I was waiting for a long time, after a while I decided to leave because I had to catch the train, the members of the group were totally okay with it so I was about to walk out of the school along with my classmate to catch the train.
But the teacher called me back (The classmate was already on the stairs so they didn't notice him) he said that I just had to show the stuff that my other group members made even though I had nothing to do, everyone from the class just stood there looking at me while I told them that we had to follow the teacher and none of them did anything other than standing and looking at me.
WAT

So then I was waiting until we could show everything to the teachers (He didn't even notice that I was in the room). When we were finally allowed to leave I was so angry that I kicked every door of the school open. (Okay I actually just pushed them open with my foot but it's the idea that matters)
I was seriously in an angry mood the entire time because of this and also a bit grumpy towards my classmates which makes me feel a bit guilty because I don't want to be angry towards anyone.
I missed my train and I had to wait 20 minutes at the train station.
It was funny, another train arrived than the train that would usually arrive and it was one of those old school trains.
Good old times.

There was a bug at the website so everyone had to hand in their art class assignment again, I took this opportunity to hand in my late homework on time so I don't have college for the entire week now!!!!
:U

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

So one of the music teachers asked me to join the jazz ensemble; their bassist quit. I was very surprised, since you normally have to audition to get in, and I said yes. Next concert's in a week! Also, my midterm grades showed up... I should've studied more.

My art class assignment got graded and I got 3 out of the 10 points because I just sent in 3 pdf files of the CD covers with typography added while the the actual assignment was put put all CD covers in one pdf file.
She still wants to see this file so I'm gonna work on that so I don't have to come back to college this week.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Random day off tomorrow in which I will sleep for most of the day and then probably just play Assassin's Creed.
I ended up sat in the video edit suite for a total of 7 hours between 9am Monday and 2:30pm today getting my stupid A2 media coursework done for the draft deadline on Thursday.
I can only think in pictures and time codes and I never want to hear the song "Go with the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age ever again.

Just one more week until half term...one more week.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I love how Game of Thrones is going to start up again when I should be studying for exams, and running through finals.
I've been able to balance out classes and life pretty well, but there are so many extracirricular things I want do that I wonder if just abstaining from non-auditory entertainment until summer would increase productivity, even if in the slightest.

Chili

Today in math class something really funny happened.

So, we have test seat numbers and mine happens to be 12. I was obviously, distracted while sharpening my pencil and this girl says to me. "Joaquin you're 12 right?" And then I said "No, I'm 14." I thought she was asking my age..... so then as we all laughed I was like "Oh! Not my age!" It was the best thing about today.

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja
I got an A- on my first Intro to Law essay (actually a memorandum on the establishment of a judiciary in a fictional country). I'm pleasantly surprised given that I didn't know if I was writing it correctly (never written a memo before) and that I stayed up until 4 AM the night before writing it. That's a good start for my second semester. Now let's hope I can keep it up.

I reuploaded the assignment as one pdf, let's hope I get a better grade now otherwise I will be so angry.

Class today was easy, just practicing with the live broadcast equipment. When that was done I moved on to one of the extracurricular projects I'm working on.
2 weeks ago I directed the multicamera filming of the 3rd year drama students latest play, "The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui", so today I continued editing it. I finished the last 6th of the first act and I'm halfway through the second/final act now, I should be able to finish it tomorrow as long as I don't get distracted. Then all that's left to do is add in the titles, add in the one sound effect that the student in charge of the sound forgot to play and export it. That'll take quite a while ^_^

Marmist

Dark Type Trainer
Working on a model train in Engineering. So far so good. Test in Spanish. Literally, nothing in Gym. Generic Math stuff. Notes in History. Notes in Biology. And we had to make a story based off a scene in Romeo and Juliet with the most ridiculous characters possible in English. I never thought I'd hear the name Mr. T and the word "Thou" in the same sentence before.

So overall, average day.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Already have an exam 4 classes into the semester :|

And really it's like 2 classes into the semester because the professor lets us out nearly halfway through the class each day.

We got new timetables recently, but they've not been settled on yet, so we weren't in the room that we were told we'd be in today. So instead of finishing editing the film I was working on yesterday I spent all day creating my new website, it's looking good so far.
Then I checked in with another lecturer about the progress of my work experience and left early to hang out with a friend ^_^

ebevan91

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE...lol

She flies through the material so fast. She pretty much just reads straight from the powerpoints and doesn't explain much. But anyways I made an 86/100 on the exam.

Truth is, I'm actually re-taking this class because I failed it last semester, MISERABLY. The only class I have ever failed. But to see that my first exam grade is like 28 points higher than my highest test grade last semester is really giving me hope.

It helps that I've already learned a bunch of the material, so I'm mainly focusing on the stuff that I struggled with last semester.

Last edited:

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja
My roommate and I played Civ V until 9AM. While fun, I am never doing that again. My eyes burn and it hurts to think.

ebevan91

My roommate and I played Civ V until 9AM. While fun, I am never doing that again. My eyes burn and it hurts to think.
Oh man those really long games will stress you out.

A new semester started, I started the day perfectly by setting my alarm clock at 6:15 am and focused on the alarm clock for the entire night instead of falling asleep, I had to wake up someone because their phone wouldn't arrive until in the afternoon so they didn't have an alarm clock.
When I finally woke the person up I fell asleep in my bed and actually overslept lol wow I know right :U
Somehow I managed to shower, get dressed, drink coffee, sprint to the train station and get in the train the train on time.
The first period was Flash class, soon we will learn Cinema 4D instead of Flash but no one installed the student version of Cinema 4D even though I told them about it in the group chat 2 weeks ago. I don't want to sound like that person who always finishes their homework etc but it was kinda irresponsible of them lol
The next period was audiovisual class, the assignment is to make a stopmotion animation that's 30 seconds long, I already have a great idea based that's based on some random photos that me and my friend took during math class, he already sent me the photos so I can use them in my animation. I was also thinking about using a song from an Awesome artist from Newgrounds, he has this song that I think would fit with the animation.
The next period was school project class, our new project is to come up with a way that makes 5th and 6th graders want to eat bugs (This is probably the weirdest project up to date)
This time I'm in a group with 2 other people, one of them is my friend and one of them is a classmate who didn't work that well in the last project so the teacher paired him with me and my friend so we can make an Awesome project. I'm sure that this project will go successfully because the group is small, but we can definitely make a great product together.
Even the teacher said that my group was gonna be a success since me, my friend and the other classmate can make a great team, we were one of the people who didn't have a group with 4 members.
This was the first monday with a 4th period. I had Audiovisual class again and the other assignment was to make a lip sync animation; The idea is that we take photos of ourselves when we're talking and we animate the photos with music or a movie scene etc.
I used the scene of SpongeBob where SpongeBob and Patrick can't stop laughing over the number 24.
It was a fun day but the day ended at the same time that the train left so I had to wait 30 minutes at the train station, where I continued working on my lip sync video and I ended up coming home one hour after the class ended.

But it was definitely a fun day.

Sorry if this counts as a double post\spam etc.

I was able to fall asleep this time since I didn't have to set any alarm clocks, but I missed the first train and came 15 minutes later at college.
The first period was school project class and I'm apparently the leader of the group now hahahah yay
After that we had art class and this semester we're gonna do a lot with typography, not really something I find interesting but why not, I don't see how I can get any bad grades for typography. My own handwriting could be a script font lol
After that we had Graphic design class and we had to make a picture of a running woman free standing. In easy words; We had to remove the background in one layer. We also had to remove the woman from the background in the same photo so you have an empty background and a photo of a woman running with a transparent background, we also had to make it look like the woman left splash effects of herself on the wall. I have no idea how to say that properly sorry hahahah!
The last period was gym class and we just played the same tagging game over and over, but after every round there would be a new rule added (teams, amount of times you can pass the ball etc)
It was a fun day!

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So my lecturer actually appreciated how much effort I put into my stupid a2 media coursework.
Yes I edited it all in less than 12 hours, yes I think it's done. no I don't want to refilm the ending just because it "doesn't really sit right."

In short; I have a week off next week and I'm going to be spending it sleeping and going to a party...oh and writing a film essay about Fight Club...damn it.
First rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club...except when you have to do a 2 3/4 hour exam on it -.-