• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

^ it sounds like we may be doing similar things.

This morning consisted of uploading one of my camera assessments to Vimeo, editing my website a little bit, booking out filming equipment for my final project next week and planning the filming process for my friends project this week.
Then in the afternoon we had a lecture about EQ's, proper audio editing and how sound can drastically change the tone and overall quality of a movie. Nothing I didn't already know, but it was a bit more in-depth than before.

I missed the train once again, I'm absolutely tired of not having a bike, so I decided to bring a bike with me to bring it to the bike shop while I was going to the train station and the person said that if everything works, the bike will be done by the afternoon.
I went to college and when I arrived I heard that the teacher wasn't there and I saw in the mail that the teacher said that we had a free period and that mail was sent yesterday.
But we just got to work on the subject from the last period and have a free period, I also downloaded an app of the school's email system so I can check my mail from my smartphone.
The next period was animation class and we finally got to do something in Flash other than making a rectangle, tween symbol etc.
The class ended at the same time the train left. YAY

I came home and I heard that the bike couldn't be repaired and now I'm in a bad mood.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I heard some kid in the halls say that today marks 500 days until our last day of high school, so I did some counting and he was right. Man I can't wait! Though it seems like time has been getting faster for the past few years, so at the same time, I don't want the last year and a half to zoom by.
Also sorta important, I got my letter for French Honor Society today. Even though it was my last choice language way back in 7th grade, I've come to like French, but the main reason I'm doing it is to add another thing onto my transcript.

Last edited:

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So I'm officially done with my media coursework - onto planning my A2 film studies coursework...woo...

In other news; the college had several power cuts this afternoon because the construction workers building the new east wing cut through a wire/overloaded a generator which resulted in a lot of people losing vital pieces of work, including students taking photography who lost their final pieces literally hours before their deadlines...those poor people.
On the bright side; if they can't repair the fault then I won't have to go in tomorrow!
On the down side; there's gonna be a lot of stressed out students.

Morning class was fun, we did mock interviews for a live broadcast directing exercise. I played a dragon hunter who was being interviewed by Sarah Millican, who was played by one of my male classmates, fun fun fun.
In the afternoon I finished the main edit of the drama students show, all I have to do now is add titles, add credits, add one sound effect and export it. But I'll have to wait for the head of drama to provide me with the titles and credits before I can do it. Hopefully she'll get back to me tomorrow.

I missed the train to college again, I didn't really miss anything from the class though.
We had to work with a big camera during Media Techniques class and it was pretty Awesome, though we couldn't film since we didn't have any SD cards with us.
The next class was English class and we watched a few movie trailers and filled out a form what the trailer was about etc.
After that we had Arithmetics class, we just had to finish a test. I'm still not finished, someone remind me to finish the test before the next class which is next week.
The last class was school project class, we couldn't really do anything and the teacher kept calling the kid from my project group because he thought that he didn't do anything while he was just busy with the project as much as we were. The teacher really underestimates this guy.
After that I came home, walked to the bike shop, got my bike, had to go back home because I didn't have enough money and went back to pay.
Today was a good day.
Tomorrow the New Nintendo 3DS will be available in stores <3333

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So my classmate ran all the way down the college driveway this afternoon to tell me that I don't have a lesson at 9am tomorrow. The funny part was I already knew xD

The powercut from yesterday caused two of my friends to lose their final pieces of coursework. And the first year students managed to annoy everyone in the photography dept by printing their A3 pieces of work on the super expensive A1 paper...on the day that 3 different deadlines were taking place. Basically the college ran out of A1 paper. Which kind of put a lot of projects into the metaphorical toilet.

Just one more day and then it's half term...one more day of stupidity to go.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Have another genetics exam and three writing assignments due next week, as well as chem homework, and I'm goofing around on Serebii. Go me.

My bio careers class is ending next week, though, so that'll free up some time. I'm actually really glad I took the class because I got some good experience with writing resumes, doing interviews, networking and all that jazz. You know, the stuff that everyone should be required to learn in school but instead you have to take extra classes to get the practice.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So we staged a fake wedding in college...apparently Catholic colleges don't take too kindly to 20 students taking over the chapel to do this...in the end one of my friends led the entire procession around the building looking for an empty classroom. Most of the student body couldn't understand that it was a very elaborate joke and that none of us were really taking it seriously...other than most of us showing up in suits.
For quite a few hours afterwards we had dumb people coming up to us like "did you really get them married?" Yeah cause it was totally legal to have our friend act as a minister, and we totally had a contract signed...

Stupid people.
But it was hilarious so yeah quite a dramatic end to the term/semester...

lol I never posted what I did Friday.
No idea if anyone is actually interested in that but I like writing these :U
[13\02\15]

The first 2 periods of Friday are interactive design class.
In the first Interactive design period we work with WordPress and the second one we learn Adobe Edge Animate, it's Awesome.
The next period we talked about study points or something: We need to do media design related assignments for people and fill out a form and get points for that.
I still have 0 lol but I might get a few points soon (Feel free to contact me if you need anything, I'm not the best graphic designer but I cant try to make something great for you. Wow, that will totally get me assignments lol )
The last period was graphic design class and we were taught how to make some cool special effects poster thing, it's a really Awesome assignment!
Then I took a different train than I normally take and bought myself a New Nintendo 3DS in the store :U

Zora

perpetually tired
One of my classes this semester (Numerical Analysis) is requiring we use Python. Or rather, vanilla Python with no extra libraries imported. Which wouldn't be so bad if this class wasn't just begging for us to import the numPy library.

That said, other classes are going well, albeit boringly.

ebevan91

No classes today because weather :)

Chili

Have today off because of President's Day! We are supposed to be hit by a huge storm... Not that I have a problem with it!

ebevan91

2nd straight day of no classes because of the weather. I think we'll have class tomorrow but then later tomorrow it's supposed to get even worse.

ebevan91

MIDDLE SCHOOL IS HECK

teach threw me out cause i didnt bring enough gum 4 every1

smh @ teach.......-_-

Lol @ you if you think middle school is considered "hell".

You're gonna get reality check'd in high school/college/university.