• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

I got my report card today for the last semester and I did pretty great, I have good grades and my presence was 93% I have actually been there every day except for the last 2 period of a Tuesday but I was ate in class almost twice a week so they didn't put me as present most of the time.
But since my bike has been fixed I managed to catch the train more often. It's really annoying that the train only leaves every 30 minutes and there's only one train that I can get to get in class on time. Either I have to get up earlier or just practice the bike route to go by bike but it takes an entire hour to get there and it's more something to do in the Summer because I am just a better person when it's warm outside, I'm in no way a Winter person.

School was is on today but students are given the option of staying home because we've has nonstop rain for the last 2 days

TheEliteEmpoleon

Man, my apush teacher is a hardcore nintendo fan. Today, he spent half the period telling us the story of when he was in a Target parking lot from midnight to 8am to get that MM N3DS. I remember back when he was having issues with obtaining his Diddy Kong amiibo. I don't mind the stories, but I wish he would spend more time teaching...
Also did my scheduling for senior year today. 5 more ap classes... What have I gotten myself in to?

It's the last day of college and we have vacation next week.
I still have 2 periods left, I'm hungry and not hungry at the same time but I don't want to spend money on food.
The next period is day job class or something and it's boring.
After that is graphic design class, the teacher is really nice so she will probably let us go home early.

I hope this day ends soon, Google Chrome keeps crashing and my Macbook gave a grey screen of death when I restarted it.
I really hope I won't have to deal with that for the entire vacation.

Update on yesterday:
Well the Graphic design teacher was really nice, during career class she came in during the other half of the class and told us that she's also in vacation mood so she said that we didn't have to do any homework and let us go before the career class period even ended.

BEST TEACHER EVER :U

So now I have vacation for a week and I'm gonna spend most that time playing on my Nintendo 3DS lol
I also still need to finish Pokémon Platinum, I got past the elite 4 but lost against Cynthia.
And probably do something for YouTube again because the last time I made a video was a month ago.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Well we got told when our film studies coursework deadline is... 10th March for the draft of our film and then 17th for the final piece.
That's a little over two weeks to film and edit a 6 minute film to "Almost industry standard.".
At least I'm not working on my own this time! I'm working with a drama student, a decent camera operator and our uber talented sceenwriter and editor. I think between the four of us and our arrange of skills we can pull this off and get an A grade - which is what our film department expects from us.
All in all I want another week off college to sleep...

ebevan91

OK I'm getting sick of these snow days. 1 of my classes hasn't met in 2 weeks and 2 other classes have only met once in 2 weeks.

Zephraxe

OK I'm getting sick of these snow days. 1 of my classes hasn't met in 2 weeks and 2 other classes have only met once in 2 weeks.

Same here. I had an early release on Monday last week and had the rest of the week off due to ice. I went back yesterday, but am off again today, due to a completely unexpected snow storm that started sometime in the early morning hours.

ebevan91

Same here. I had an early release on Monday last week and had the rest of the week off due to ice. I went back yesterday, but am off again today, due to a completely unexpected snow storm that started sometime in the early morning hours.

And then today one of those classes was supposed to meet but then I got an e-mail saying class was cancelled because the professor had to go to the doctor :|

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So it snowed today, everyone freaked out. (I live in southern England right on the coast so snow is a rarity for us)
It turned into slush within 20 minutes so that was a short-lived experience.
And we drafted our filming schedule today, turns out we have a lot less time than we thought.
Oh well.

Recon

Blargh, classes are kicking my butt right now.

I've got a research paper due next week on a large-scale project I've been working on about why local video game companies don't come to career fairs, a game audio project I'm working on with 3 other people that's also due next week, and I have to study for an electrical and computer engineering test this week and a final next week, and I'm a Computer science major. Not to mention, I've got internship interviews with companies during all of this, have to help run a school-side League of Legends Tournament, and I have to prepare for PAX East next week as well.

*insert picture of spiderman freaking out about how prom is tomorrow.*

ebevan91

LMAO, classes cancelled again. My Monday/Wednesday classes have been cancelled for the past 4 days.

Aaaaaaaand classes for tomorrow are cancelled too. The **** man? Back during high school I'd be all over this **** but not now when I'm paying out of pocket for some of my tuition.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
LMAO, classes cancelled again. My Monday/Wednesday classes have been cancelled for the past 4 days.

Aaaaaaaand classes for tomorrow are cancelled too. The **** man? Back during high school I'd be all over this **** but not now when I'm paying out of pocket for some of my tuition.

I'll gladly take some of that snow off your hands if it means I get a few extra days to work on my research paper and study for my chem midterm next week. : P

I did get some good feedback today on the current draft of said paper, though, and I'm starting to feel a bit better about the chem concepts (and the professor basically told us two of the questions that were going to be on the exam). So all in all, not a bad day.

mia197

I'm feeling a bit old in this forum. Just have to say that the school were the worst times of my life, since I was a rebellious student and hated going to school, although adored some of my classmates.
Now I'm in another phase of my life, and college and work is much better :)

But i would like to know, in general, how do you feel about school? Like, you do not like or was it just me?
I ask this because schools in Brazil boring but in places like Canada, Australia or United States is another education system and seems more interesting.

Speshal

Rediculous
Everyone with your cancelled classes. Oi. If I had more than 1-2 days of class cancelled in college I would be upset. That stuff is way too expensive.

ebevan91

Everyone with your cancelled classes. Oi. If I had more than 1-2 days of class cancelled in college I would be upset. That stuff is way too expensive.

Luckily for me the temperature is supposed to get back into the 40s-low 50s next week. I've missed one of my classes 4 times in a row and other classes I've missed 4 out of 5 meetings. SOOOOOOOO much cramming will have to be done next week.

Speshal

Rediculous
Luckily for me the temperature is supposed to get back into the 40s-low 50s next week. I've missed one of my classes 4 times in a row and other classes I've missed 4 out of 5 meetings. SOOOOOOOO much cramming will have to be done next week.

I would be very ready to kill the members of the board at my university. I missed one day and was pretty upset. :| It's good that you're going to be getting back though!